• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What was your school stereotype?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This is one of my favorite songs for some reason, I used literally fantasize about school blowing up, and even though I knew it was horrifying, and deranged, I couldn't help get this sick pleasure from it every time I listened to it, and that's when I knew I'd never have a normal life.

I figured, I'd be happy just turning into some kind of a drifter or something. I went to a an arts and craft fair when I was really young, and this native-american man had his own booth/tent that was filled with all this really cool art that he had made himself. He basically just traveled all over the country and selling his art.

I think at that point that was probably what I had decided on how I would spend most of my life, and just sort of coast it, or whatever. I could never care about all the stuff everyone wanted me to. I guess I've always just been a 'free-spirit'

I need to get back into touch with myself...

Sexually.

And possibly anally.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I honestly hated the education system with every fiber of my body; It's probably too difficult to say exactly why. I suppose I just was not compatible with it's disciplinary measures, and rigorous standards.

I was all over the place, I changed schools like 5 times, I did whatever I could to avoid going. I've always just wanted to be free and roam. I can't it explain it, like the birds or something, it's just the way I am. I've never been able to stay bounded. But I enjoyed the scant poetry and art classes I had.

Honestly, I think ever since I was young I had just wanted to leave. I knew I was wasting time, I suppose I just didn't really know what to do. I grew up in a really shitty small dying town, and there was no opportunities there. I mean, I would just go out to the edge of it all the time and stare at the sunset for hours, and slowly edge my way closer to the end of it, but I can never fully go all the way. I still kind of miss the empty vacant skies. Anyway, teh four moments :' (

But anyway, I suppose my romanticizing of everything comes around from carrying around tons of paper notebooks everywhere, and having only them and your imagination to keep you company.

Sweetheart

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
Hmmm...

"Really cute, but a spaz."

Too sensitive.

"Girly."

Floorboard.

Smiles all the time.

Maybe a few negative things from people who didn't talk to me.

And sometimes people called me funny.

Twas enjoyable.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A loner & the very shy & quiet, arty smart girl, if that's a type.

I did very well academically; I did not make a strain & still got good grades & qualified for advanced classes. I went to school with many kids all the way from elementary to HS, so I entered HS with the rep of being smart & an academic achiever, and I continued to be one of the best students in every class I took.

I already liked fashion then & had too much style to be a true nerd. By then I had made it through any pre-teen awkwardness & was rather pretty, so already my shyness was looking more & more like snobbery to people. I was known (if I was known at all) for the somewhat unique articles of clothing I'd wear & the ability to draw pretty well (stuff I wore sometimes: fur coat, leather pants, silver doc martin boots, red lipstick, a transparent pink raincoat, & lots more). So even though I was socially awkward & bookish, no one made fun of me. I had a sense of being outcast, but I realize now it was more like I made myself inaccessible & not relatable.

I missed school a lot... sometimes I'd only show up 2 days a week for months on end. My teachers overlooked absences & tardies because I did quality work & tested well. The only part I liked about school was the learning part; the social part was draining & puzzling to me. So the learning part was fine when I was there, and when not there, I was ahead enough to not get behind (if that makes sense). But I was not ambitious, and so there was not enough drive in me to be the best or make sure I'd get into some amazing college, etc. I truly was driven to do stuff because I had a curious mind, and a small part of me didn't want to be shown up by people I knew were intellectually inferior (ok, a little competitive drive).

I didn't hang out with any kids outside of school & only glommed onto a few girls to eat lunch with when I couldn't disappear into the bathroom where I'd play with my makeup or find an isolated spot to read alone. Oddly enough, these girls were sporty types on the basketball team, but they very accepting. They were kind of dorky without being bookish, and I didn't fit with them either, but they didn't oppose me eating with them & adding the occasional comment every other week to their conversation.

My last two years I had gotten ahead on credits & was able to leave by lunch, and at that point, I totally abandoned any efforts to have friends at school. I never participated in extracurricular activities or went to school events that weren't required. Most of what I remember from that age are the books I read, the music I discovered, the fantasizes I had, etc - all the stuff I did when I stayed home from school & immersed myself in my own world.

Had I known you, we could've been amazing friends. :)

Pinker85

I don't know. I feel like it was so different dependent on the person and the activity we knew each other from. I think the universal agreement though was kinda weird but harmless, so dorky?? But I was kinda secretly a bit unusual. I started stripping with a fake ID before I was 18 which I don't think anyone would have guessed. But my mind filtered everything through a desire to understand, so I met all sorts of people, I met really sad and lonely men and really sad and lonely women, really greedy people, others that seemed to be in some kinda drama every other hour, and people with lots of dreams and people with lots of dreams that ended up in what I guess people would call sad situations. I ended up running away for a month when I was 15, lived with various people that were just getting out of HS 18-19 and from kinda messed up backgrounds also so they understood why I had run away, but ended up going back home and to school ... and no one really seemed to notice.

Neshama

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I liked high school. Is that weird? I was sort of a prep who would talk with everybody and probably the comic relief among my friends.

Cygnus

The retard. Sent to classes with all the retards. Never realized I was retarded -- seemed smarter than all the other retards, but interactions with normies yielded deceptive superficial approval that led me to believe I was far more socially tolerable and intelligent than I really was. Arrogant asshole, hated and ostracized by everyone I met for my erratic behavior, convinced that it was really I who rejected them due to my perceived superiority.

I hope every human alive gets terminal-7 brain cancer this very second. I'm not even joking. Fuck all of you. Rot in hell. Pigs.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I started grad school they actually had labels. Someone specifically told me I was considered the "sweet one". It sounds like a compliment, but in a tough, competitive, academic environment it wasn't. I didn't socialize much, and only made acquaintance-friends with my office-mates.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Among the general student body, I was probably perceived as a nerd, but among nerds, I was the class clown.

Really I just felt like my "act" would be lost on the hoi polloi. ;)

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm quite ashamed to admit it, but I'm somewhere between the girl who gets sad when she gets a B and who cries because she thinks she failed an exam and actually got an A. Ehh. Plus the girl who texts people at 2am asking if she can copy their homework.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought I had posted in this thread before, but apparently I haven't.

I was bullied in elementary/middle school (I went to a k-8) but I didn't know it was bullying because it wasn't physical. I was socially ostracized and people teased me behind my back most of the time, and when they did it to my face it was in a more subtle way and I was too stupid to realize they were teasing me until much later. It really affected my self esteem back then even if I didn't become aware of it until I was out of that situation. Once I went to high school and my peer group expanded, I made a few more friends (mostly the "weird" kids). It wasn't until I encountered someone from elementary school who treated me the same as they did back then that I realized how shitty they had been to me (in this specific instance, I was walking to lunch, the girl came up behind me and started stepping on my heels, telling me to "walk faster". I ignored her at the time, but I think if the "me" of now was in that situation I'd snap at her). So I think my stereotype would be weird kid/loner. Also "smart kid" because I have glasses and got straight A's and apparently that means I'm smart. Most people only wanted anything to do with me when they thought I could be of use to them in group projects. Although in high school (especially towards senior year) I was able to come out of my shell a little more. I'm quiet in most school/social situations unless I have something specific I want to say. I have vivid memories about my high school psychology class (we were a very tight-knit class and everyone loved everyone, I miss that) and I was kind of a jokester there. We had to give a presentation once and say whether we were introverted or extroverted. I said I was introverted and no one believed me lol. Also happened in a communications class I took in college. People assume charismatic = extroverted.

Long-winded response, and more than anyone asked for, but I had fun talking about it so w/e. :)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elementary School: Neutral Evil.
Middle School: True Neutral.
High School: Chaotic Neutral.
College: True Neutral.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Multiple people have this idea that I'm a mysterious assassin.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remember descriptions like: big sister, the artist, the one with strict parents, eagle eye (my teacher used to call me that) [emoji16]

Last edited:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fourth grade was my first year of public school. When I started, I was very much the weird homeschooled kid with no social skills. Also, I was academically ahead of all my peers at the time so I seemed like some sort of genius, but it was more so that their school system sucked and my mother was a much better teacher than whatever they got.

In middle school, I got called a nerd about a million times, since I was awkward and still a lot better at school than pretty much all of my classmates. A teacher's pet, as teachers generally liked me but I was either bullied or isolated by all my peers.

My first year of high school, I was just that creepy quiet kid in most of my classes, but there were a couple of classes where I stood out academically and was the nerdy teacher's pet once again. Bullying drove me crazy and I moved to an alternative school after that, where I became known as the kid who tried to help everyone out. I was just hungry and desperate for attention...

In college, I was the introverted writer, not much more than that.