• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What was your school stereotype?

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They don't really have types in Australian schools. Might be because everyone has to wear the same uniform so there isn't much room for "individuality" (i.e. categorising people into distinct fashion archetypes and using that as a frame of reference for the person).

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In high school I am/was the ultimate retarded-looking loner who didn't want to talk to anyone ever and secretly wanted to kill all of her classmates only because she didn't like sharing the classroom with them. I did have one friend though, well, not exactly a *friend*, someone I'd hang out with so that I wouldn't be too much of an easy target for bullies.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Serious/Quiet.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Independent.

Unique.

Creative.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I was lost in books kind of girl- I sometimes took with myself 2 books because I didn’t know what I would want to read later- novel or short stories, serious dilemma:doh: Now one is enough.

Also listener and mediator. I never liked arguments among friends (it would be stupid to lose a friend because something irrelevant) so I tried to help them to understand each other.

Ingrid in grids

I was a bit of a Lisa Simpson.

d69910fcec8571e62f221d1f0bbc7f20.jpg

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's hard for me to separate how others may have perceived me vs my own subjective experience. Plus it was so long ago.

Over the years through side comments, I've gathered I was just perceived as super quiet and shy,and thus unapproachable. That, and sweet. And smart. Also, I was perceived as solely caring about academics, was voted 'friday night studier' senior year, and was honestly completely mortified by that, based on how ppl viewed me, and and internal anger re 'but I don't study on the weekends!' lolz. There was also some of the usual teasing that happens and is directed towards ppl with low confidence levels.

My internal experience was that I was totally scared of my peers, thus wasn't close to anyone, and I felt I was behind a glass wall, not a part of anything. I had a few friends, but I had a lot of social fears and thus didn't do much with ppl outside of school. I read at home, and went birding, and was into music/orchestra.

I've since realized how much of this was a self fulfilling prophecy, but it was what it was.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
honors classes/athletics/science club/school newspaper staff

and a very bad kid as well... I used my press pass to leave school from time to time and do things like explore abandoned buildings and derelict cemeteries... we then had to write a column on it to justify our actions and we wrote it in the style of dialogue from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures

I got along fine with all of the groups, but didn't really fit in that much with any of them... I mostly hung out with the exchange students and the smart kids who didn't fit in anywhere else and worked hard at being a bad influence on them in a wild child type manner :cool:

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was the girl who hated stereotypes with every fiber of her being and devoted her life to making everybody who supported them miserable, I honestly spent most of my time over the years hanging out with people of various "groups" and making up rumors that I claimed people from other groups had started so that I could turn everyone against each other. :( Fortunately that was a number of years ago and I've grown up since then.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nerd, quiet, slept through class, smart, barely passed due to boredom. Calculated how many assignments i can miss and still pass.

Outside of school I did martial arts and always helping my dad work on cars, yard, etc and then spent time with my mom when he went to work. Computer Nerd also.

My mom didn't think I would get anywhere because I didn't have a huge drive or much goals or anytbing. I loved to reverse engineer things and learn how it works.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
floater nerd with big boots

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was one of the popular kids. I know it sounds weird for an introvert and especially for an INTJ. I had been the target of quite a bit of bullying and when my family moved I decided on a shift in personality. So I did whatever I had to do to avoid being seen as weird or a target and that made me popular. It made life a lot easier, even if it did cause me to lose touch with who I was.

After being rejected for so much of my childhood, it felt especially vindicating when everyone cheered for me on graduation day.

Sil

This is a test.
Unpredictable one. I tended to be a bit of a wildcard in terms of behavior.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was the weirdo oddball who was always in the back of the class doodling and staring out the window.

I was always too strange and different for everyone, and I sort of lived in an imaginary world. I was always lost in my daydreams.

I would walk home from school, the wind would be so bad, I would imagine the sky suddenly ripping open, and sucking all of the bland normality of day-to-day existence away, and being transported into an alternate dimension where I could go on all kinds of crazy adventures and have real fun.