• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What was your school stereotype?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I was never the cool kd.

Sigh!

I am the 'oh hey that guy' probably.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bossy and arrogant fat kid that everyone uses as a scapegoat.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
either the annoying clueless idiot
or the little uptight professor

Raffaella

bon vivant
I started out as the weird new girl that spent too much time in the library then I became the class clown.

IMO, my teachers certainly enabled it, especially of my mathematics teacher who would start every morning calling out the class attendance sheet then would challenge me to determine the number of students that weren't attending that day before him but would answer the question before I even opened my mouth... he knew I was too sleepy, it amused him, nonetheless. I only beat him once and he couldn't stop laughing.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
A loner & the very shy & quiet, arty smart girl, if that's a type.

I did very well academically; I did not make a strain & still got good grades & qualified for advanced classes. I went to school with many kids all the way from elementary to HS, so I entered HS with the rep of being smart & an academic achiever, and I continued to be one of the best students in every class I took.

I already liked fashion then & had too much style to be a true nerd. By then I had made it through any pre-teen awkwardness & was rather pretty, so already my shyness was looking more & more like snobbery to people. I was known (if I was known at all) for the somewhat unique articles of clothing I'd wear & the ability to draw pretty well (stuff I wore sometimes: fur coat, leather pants, silver doc martin boots, red lipstick, a transparent pink raincoat, & lots more). So even though I was socially awkward & bookish, no one made fun of me. I had a sense of being outcast, but I realize now it was more like I made myself inaccessible & not relatable.

I missed school a lot... sometimes I'd only show up 2 days a week for months on end. My teachers overlooked absences & tardies because I did quality work & tested well. The only part I liked about school was the learning part; the social part was draining & puzzling to me. So the learning part was fine when I was there, and when not there, I was ahead enough to not get behind (if that makes sense). But I was not ambitious, and so there was not enough drive in me to be the best or make sure I'd get into some amazing college, etc. I truly was driven to do stuff because I had a curious mind, and a small part of me didn't want to be shown up by people I knew were intellectually inferior (ok, a little competitive drive).

I didn't hang out with any kids outside of school & only glommed onto a few girls to eat lunch with when I couldn't disappear into the bathroom where I'd play with my makeup or find an isolated spot to read alone. Oddly enough, these girls were sporty types on the basketball team, but they very accepting. They were kind of dorky without being bookish, and I didn't fit with them either, but they didn't oppose me eating with them & adding the occasional comment every other week to their conversation.

My last two years I had gotten ahead on credits & was able to leave by lunch, and at that point, I totally abandoned any efforts to have friends at school. I never participated in extracurricular activities or went to school events that weren't required. Most of what I remember from that age are the books I read, the music I discovered, the fantasizes I had, etc - all the stuff I did when I stayed home from school & immersed myself in my own world.

Yeah me too, I got absorbed into art & books wayyy more than people. I often forget the reality :O. I was stereotyped as the cute, quiet one. Also, most INFPs are always stereotyped this way: very quiet, innocent, and bookish. Some bad stereotypes are social retard, dumb, loser, and boring.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I was [insert pejorative term here], all day every day. Fucking kids.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I already answered this a while ago but I do not want to read through the entire thread to find out.

Somewhat a loner but I was well known in most circles and cliques. People thought I was a weirdo but likable enough

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Elementary school: Imaginative, gentle, and hypersensitive kid with way too many feelings. Easy target for bullies.
Middle school: Anxious and emotionally unstable kid who was trying too hard to be a tough badass. Fell "in love" with anyone and everyone.
High school: Individualistic, interesting kid. I don't think I fit into a box.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
In my school I'm that one extraverted loner that hangs around the weightroom rats and mixed martial artists. Basically I'm the jock that has too much of a "who gives a fuck" attitude to be accepted on a sports team.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Idk tbh, I like to think no one cared enough for me to have a stereotype I honestly feel I was probably invisible to most people. I guess 'new kid' would be a major one cos I went to so many different schools. I reckon some people thought I was a bit of a geek/nerd, for some reason a lot of people thought I was a super smart straight A/A* student when I think back to some remarks made by people, quite flattering but not really the case. Then those people that managed to have occasional conversation with me would have thought I was a bit weird, shy, awkward etc. Tbh sounds so stereotypical INTP.

I guess to sum up, the new weird shy nerd. Tbh the shy bit could be eliminated at one of the secondary schools I went to, I was a bit more open there.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Starry

i don't know if there was a name for it.

i was friends with everyone. the preppy kids, the partying kids, the geeky kids etc etc

i probably dressed more.preppy than anything else but some of my best friends were the long haired metal heads.

i was homecoming queen 3 years in a row :blush:
the last year i was nominated i told them i didn't want to do it again...it just seemed so cheesy and its not like you can do anything about it. they just pick like 3 girls in each grade and the school votes.

so silly

Can't think of a stereotype, but I was nominated for "Best Dressed," "Most Unique," "Most Gullible," "Cutest Cutie," and "Always Makes You Smile." :D

friends with people from all different groups. i was the 'spirit queen' three years in a row, basically meaning i went full-on silly dressing up during spirit week. was involved in drama with the drama kids, took honors classes with the smart/nerdy kids, dabbled in sports with the jocks, partied with the skatery burnout group. made a few rebellious/mocking 'statements', but was well-liked by most teachers.

^^I guess it would come as no surprise to say I identify with "all of the above" experiences. Although I was never the homecoming queen. I was always the court jester. I was a "spirit week" failure too because I could never remember what each day's theme was...like that whole thing took a little too much forethought than my high school mind was prepared to take on haha. And it's standard knowledge that no one dresses well where I come from. Grunge isn't a fashion. It's a necessity.

whoops, I should also say I was never alert, coordinated or competitive enough to be any good at sports (like five sounds? jealous)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Short answer Lazy loner

I was a very big loner. Admitting it, against all the shame that was heaved on me since the dawn of time. Don't do this, do that. If you cannot be like the other kids, we will FORCE you. Learn to play along or be played.

I generally had no issue with anyone as long as they left me alone. I actually had a bit more of an issue with unjustified authority, and I still kind of do. Children are feral, but their wildness zyzis predictable. I cared more about my books than anything else, snuck them into class, and probably lost half of my collection that way. If it wasn't reading it was writing, if it wasn't writing it was staring off into space. No one else could understand my writing but I could, jumbles and squiggles made more sense than solid repetative letters mashed together harassing me. Homework was and still is a struggle. Usually scored pretty well without putting in much effort, but when there was something that really drew me in, I was really not able to let go. Everything would need to be sucked out, reassembled, stuffed back in, flipped around upside down, and then fledazzled into something nearing possible to regurgitate. Puzzled many that my grades could be so low, but my scores could be so high.

Middle school was actually alright. In all honors classes, which I actually really enjoyed. You could learn whatever you wanted about anything, puch as far as you wanted to push, and while it pushed back, sidestepping and finding a new track was always possible. Generally hated gym though.

High school was hell. I was stupid and thought that, hey high school is going to be more difficult and I had straight As in middle school, why not drop down make things easier and do what I want to do. Big mistake. Standard courses want standard answers. They want guidelines. You will learn x in y amount of time, and you will learn it in z way. No wiggle room, just adult molly coddling. Stopped doing any work at all. Detentions abounded.

Just realized that I focused on academics. Guess thats just where my focus was aimed. Kids were background noise until forced upon me, at which point they became the enemy. (Bit dramatic). Had a few very close friends, and I went to a pretty tight nit barney love pat each other on back while sticking them with a kick me sign sort of school. Never liked groups, unless I was the only member.

Last edited: