• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you are in a shell...

Bullet

This is surprisingly touching. Maybe some of the introverts out there can relate.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Shyness does not equal introversion. Matter of fact, I'd argue most shy people are indeed extroverts with anxiety issues, because after all, shyness is often classified by a desire to "reach out" without having the graces to do so efficiently. True introverts would perhaps put less weight on such matters and be oblivious to any missteps they experienced under social circumstances.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
He really makes me think of an ISFP. He is handsome. I suppose it was quite touching.

W

WhoCares

Touching? Not really. Pointless and only mildly entertaining? Yes.

á´…eparted

passages
Touching? Not really. Pointless and only mildly entertaining? Yes.

I feel the same. If anything the whole thing made me uncomfortable and struck me as awkward. Then again, shyness is a huge putoff for me so I can't relate to this.

L

LadyLazarus

Kind of liked the overall message, but found the way it was executed to be uncomfortable for some reason?

In it's entirety I found it cheesy.

This leads me to one conclusion: I am the WORST ISFP ever.

Hazelstein

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
I'm a shy person and mostly I just loathe sentimentality like that.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Glad he found an outlet. I expected this to grate on me like it did some because messages of this nature often do, but it managed to escape that.

Question, though: is it possible, as comes up in an early line in the film, for a shy person to hurt people outside of themselves with their shyness? How?

Bullet

Interesting responses.

When I first watched the video, I thought it was supposed to be humorous because the narrator is the same YouTube user who does the mockumentary-style, "True Facts About various animals." I was a bit taken aback when I realized it was serious and found the message quite relatable.

For those who found it off-putting, I wonder if it's the words being spoken or the dance itself that caused such an aversion. If the dancer was female would it be equally awkward?

Last edited:

Bullet

An interesting video; welcome to the forum :)

Thank you! :wink:

Glad he found an outlet. I expected this to grate on me like it did some because messages of this nature often do, but it managed to escape that.

Question, though: is it possible, as comes up in an early line in the film, for a shy person to hurt people outside of themselves with their shyness? How?

Good question. I think he's referring to a person who is painfully shy making others feel awkward because of his/her shyness.

I find it pleasant.

As did I. :cheers:

Shyness does not equal introversion. Matter of fact, I'd argue most shy people are indeed extroverts with anxiety issues, because after all, shyness is often classified by a desire to "reach out" without having the graces to do so efficiently. True introverts would perhaps put less weight on such matters and be oblivious to any missteps they experienced under social circumstances.

Perhaps Highly Sensitive People would have been more suitable, though statistically a greater percentage of HSP's identify as introverts.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Did someone say shell? I couldn't resist.
[MENTION=21538]= Librium[/MENTION] the video you posted, the narrative is done very well. However, the visuals seems a bit forced and unnatural. The color dance doesn't resonate well with shyness, despite my understanding of the given paradox between shyness (passiveness) and the desire to assert oneself when needed (perhaps by mimicking other colors).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i liked it. i wish more people would dance while i have to listen to monologues.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That was beautiful and Harry is beautiful.

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
Fascinating and very touching I'm sure. How exactly does a squinting teenager playing in paint equate to shyness, however?

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
The choreography was awesome!

It really spoke to me, well done harry!

IMO;

Introverts, there's two kinds: The forced introvert and the natural introvert.

Actually, there's three kinds. Those two, and the MBTI introvert.

Perhaps even four kinds. Those three, and the artificial introvert

The artificial introvert, might not originally have been seeking outside stimuli but may have adapted this style of interaction to the point that it comes "natural" and may not cause a deficit in themselves in any way, as they chose to form themselves this way and as such, and may have many if not all the notions of a "natural introvert"; A forced introvert would be an extrovert in disguise, seeking outside stimuli to energize themselves and cannot find a way that rewards them sufficiently; The MBTI introvert looks to the inner self, how it expresses things and how it wishes to interact with the world; I'm not describing a sense of self-absorption but rather a tendency to look and decide for themselves in of themselves, the inner knows best, a kind of dislocated shoulder moving on its own accord, it is still connected to the body but moves on its own; The opposite would be to move with the outer world, not at the same pace but still with the outer world, whether a reaction or action, it touches the flow and the flow touches it, bringing with itself all other that which it touches; The introvert would be the rock, that seemingly stands still and yet it moves. Neither is more valuable than the other. Then we got the natural introvert, that which seeks lonesomeness, and don't mind their own company and prefer their own company instead of the company of others, derive energy from being alone.

I guess, the MBTI has a focus on which direction/how something is moving,
whereas the natural/artificial/forced introverts are about where the energy is derived from.

ShadowPage

Eh, it was a cool dance. The message of the story is kind of after-school special-ish. It's cool that Harry was able to find a niche that allowed him to develop skills and confidence and become awesome even after the bullshit he went through as a kid, but at the same time, that's the sort of narrative that seems to exist so often as to be trite. Eh... I'll admit to being more interested in how safe that paint and stuff was since it was splashed about than about the message. *shrug*