User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you ever thought about killing someone?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 70.97%
  • No

9 29.03%
First 123 Last

LadyLazarus

No.

I have however thought about making people I dislike randomly disappear. My brain never offered up any explanation as to how exactly they would disappear, so maybe they did die, in which case; then maybe yes I have?

Enneagram

I probably have the ability deep down in there somewhere, but I never think about killing people. Killing myself...sometimes, but not very seriously. When I'm very upset, sometimes I wish people would die on their own of natural causes, but I don't really want that on my conscience though.

I definitely think about hitting people sometimes.

simple simon ass MF asynartetic's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'd do it to protect people I care about. Look at my avatar for chrissake.

That doesn't mean I'd enjoy killing or be glad to do it. I sometimes fantasize about murdering assholes who ruin my days, but I find a few minutes drinking a beer and playing a shooter game cures any violent thoughts.

edit: I just remembered an instance in college where friends literally had to hold me back from attacking a guy who had been hitting on my girlfriend and propositioning her. It was kind of like that scene in The Untouchables. This guy was bigger than me too, but I think I could've taken him. Rage is a powerful, albeit scary ally. But, no, normally, I think I'm a peaceful dude.

"our preferences do not determine what's true." -Sagan

"I know you just want to know more, the problem is that people think their box of answers is perfect for everyone else." -Forever

"The effect of life in society is to complicate and confuse our existence, making us forget who we really are by causing us to become obsessed with what we are not." -Chuang Tzu

LA’ASOT CHAIM

Global 5: RCUEI - reserved
    Pottermore sorting: Gryffindor

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

no- I could never. But I will admit I fantasize about receiving a call about the asshole I worked with that made my life miserable- telling me a city bus ran him over to his demise. And slowly releasing that Grinch smile.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

simple simon ass MF asynartetic's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    no- I could never. But I will admit I fantasize about receiving a call about the asshole I worked with that made my life miserable- telling me a city bus ran him over to his demise. And slowly releasing that Grinch smile.
    After you cut the brakes on the city bus wink wink
    "our preferences do not determine what's true." -Sagan

"I know you just want to know more, the problem is that people think their box of answers is perfect for everyone else." -Forever

"The effect of life in society is to complicate and confuse our existence, making us forget who we really are by causing us to become obsessed with what we are not." -Chuang Tzu

LA’ASOT CHAIM

Global 5: RCUEI - reserved
    Pottermore sorting: Gryffindor

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No, not that way. Sometimes I think of situations I'd be in where I would have to kill somebody, and sometimes I think about how easy it is to kill, and I'm amazed with us that it doesn't happen so much more often.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Killing to eat her or just killing for fun ?

i was going to say no, but then i've thought about killing myself so i guess that counts. don't think i'd actually do it though. killing others? nah. i'm mostly a pacifist. i have other superpowers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I would say that a great majority, if not all, of us have the capacity to murder.
    agree

But we haven't because we haven't met the right circumstances--we haven't reached our breaking points.
    not sure i can agree with this. i think it's more about deciding you'll just never let yourself go there. it's about self-control. admittedly, that may be harder for some people rather than others due to being raised around violence, genetics, etc., but i don't think it is an inevitability. it's like how the vast majority of people who have been sexually abused never go on to do it to others but a small percentage do.

personally, i think there are some dark alleys of the mind that are better left unexplored...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    After you cut the brakes on the city bus wink wink
    lOL
    I don't want to give him the satisfaction that I tarnished my soul by taking his life. But I will gladly take the sin of laughing at his ill fate.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8