• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Men, Women, and Monkeys (split)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You don't have to if you don't want to. I was just putting that out there.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just doesn't seem that the real occurance of things reflect the notion that ALL women(or just the straight ones) have a certain preference.

I'm not as concerned about what you'd say to me as what you'd say to those heterosexual women who are aggressive and dislike aggressive men.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Here's something else I saw written somewhere by a man:

-----------------------

Ten Emotional Needs of Women:

1. Protection of her most valuable asset: Her Reputation

2. She needs to experience a Range of Emotions

3. Cater to the Little Girl in Her

4. He must show Dominance, making all major decisions, including taking 100% responsibility for the sex in the relationship

5. Safe from fear of Abandonment

6. Trust him to be honest, even if it makes her mad

7. Her physical protection and safety

8. Can he handle her sexuality (whatever it may be) - don't let a fantasy go unfulfilled or she will satisfy it given the opportunity behind your back

9. Does he have sought after High Quality Sperm

10. Prove he is not a closet homosexual.

Not sure I agree with them all, and definitely not the exact wording, but many of them are true for most women.
Honestly, where did you find this crap? I oscillated between finding it highly offensive to finding it highly amusing.

:nice:

10 emotional needs of *women*, written by a ... *man*.

LOL!!!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, where did you find this crap? I oscillated between finding it highly offensive to finding it highly amusing.

:nice:

10 emotional needs of *women*, written by a ... *man*.

LOL!!!

Be gentle...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
9.) Does he have sought after High Quality Sperm.

Oh wow, that is such an emotional need of mine it's soooooo not funny.

When I am with the man I love, the mere thought of his sperm not being sought after by others, or it not being anything but that of High Quality, really gets my panties in a twist!!!

Harumph!!!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what degree to take that list seriously, since it seems obvious to me that it was at least slightly facetious.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Alright I'm going to shake this thread up. I'll state my opinion.

1. I do not believe that men and women have much of a difference in sex drive ONCE AND IF THEY ARE TRULY ATTRACTED TO THEIR MATE.

2. <Brace yourself now> ALL women, even androgenous ones, want the men they like to be the sexual aggressors, period. This is where feminism and equality fails and men are pretty pissed about it.

3. Men will not have sex with just any woman who offers it. They are not the "sex machines" that society and traditional machismo portrays them to be. They will turn a willing woman down easily if she does not live up to their preferences.

4. Despite #3, women are STILL more selective than men about who they willingly mate with. This is the natural order of things.

5. Some women have sex with men they are not truly attracted to, for other reasons (I wouldn't).

There you have it. Be mad at me if you want. *hides*

I think you're largely right here. Sometimes we deny certain truths because it's not the way we'd like things to be in an ideal world. My only beef here is that I see a little wiggle room on #2. Very little. It's true, though, that feminism and biology are at direct odds with each other, and will be as long as only one gender can give birth.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I consider giving birth the most feminist act I've ever performed.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're largely right here. Sometimes we deny certain truths because it's not the way we'd like things to be in an ideal world. My only beef here is that I see a little wiggle room on #2. Very little. It's true, though, that feminism and biology are at direct odds with each other, and will be as long as only one gender can give birth.

Errmmm... Sometimes feminism gets a little whacky, but yeah... you've got to admit that #2 is worth more than a little beef. It's worth a big beef.

1, 3, and 5 seems kind of obvious. I wonder how steadfast #4 really is.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That emotional needs of women list was in fact written by a man. His name is Frank B. Kermit.

Yes.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm rather fond of both of you. Hope this doesn't take an awkward direction.

I don't agree with some of her ideas. However, it won't change my opinion of her. I don't attach feelings to debate. She's a very nice individual.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It's true, though, that feminism and biology are at direct odds with each other, and will be as long as only one gender can give birth.

Well, 'feminism' is a very broad term that encompasses several different (and often conflicting) ideologies, so I'd be wary of generalizing it's meaning. If you're talking about the 'radical feminism' crap that you hear from the likes of Andrea Dworkin and her ilk, then yes, I'd agree with you. Unfortunately it's the 'feminism' of this sort that you have to hear about all the time.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't agree with some of her ideas. However, it won't change my opinion of her. I don't attach feelings to debate. She's a very nice individual.

Ditto. There is no one here who I have any hard feelings towards. I'm slowly starting to adore you all even if we do disagree.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I consider giving birth the most feminist act I've ever performed.

Dang you and your ability to cut someone's point to ribbons in a minimum of words! I wish there were a smiley of somebody angrily shaking their fist :)

Well, 'feminism' is a very broad term that encompasses several different (and often conflicting) ideologies, so I'd be wary of generalizing it's meaning. If you're talking about the 'radical feminism' crap that you hear from the likes of Andrea Dworkin and her ilk, then yes, I'd agree with you. Unfortunately it's the 'feminism' of this sort that you have to hear about all the time.

I agree. For the record, I had radical feminism in mind. The kind that tries to will the uterus out of existence through legislation or rhetoric. That has always seemed to me a rather illogical position to take, because while advocating for women, it completely surrenders to the male paradigm of power and fights an impossible battle to claim it.

You're also correct that we rarely hear more moderate views. Sadly, every cause is dominated by the radical edge because they're the ones that are the most committed and the ones that make for the best story. Too many institutions suffer from bad reputations because people assume everyone in that institution thinks and acts like the radical edge.

Sorry, that post was kind of all over the place :p

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I agree. For the record, I had radical feminism in mind. The kind that tries to will the uterus out of existence through legislation or rhetoric. That has always seemed to me a rather illogical position to take, because while advocating for women, it completely surrenders to the male paradigm of power and fights an impossible battle to claim it.

You're also correct that we rarely hear more moderate views. Sadly, every cause is dominated by the radical edge because they're the ones that are the most committed and the ones that make for the best story. Too many institutions suffer from bad reputations because people assume everyone in that institution thinks and acts like the radical edge.

Sorry, that post was kind of all over the place :p

No need to apologize, I get your drift :). I'm not a fan of those fringe feminist ideologies either...the type that try to make absurd arguments along the lines of "PMS is a patriarchal myth", or "Newton's Principia is a rape manual". :dont:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
"PMS is a patriarchal myth"

It's not exactly myth, but it hardly seems fair that as soon as a woman starts acting like a bitch, people's minds automatically wander to her pants, when the worst parts of PMS are often not even mood swings.

I'm always a bitch, regardless of the stage of my menstrual cycle. So please. Stop wondering. ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It's not exactly myth, but it hardly seems fair that as soon as a woman starts acting like a bitch, people's minds automatically wander to her pants, when the worst parts of PMS are often not even mood swings.

True, but that's due more to other people's (mis)use of the concept of PMS than to the condition itself. Some radical feminists would deny that any such physiological condition exists at all.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
True, but that's due more to other people's (mis)use of the concept of PMS than to the condition itself. Some radical feminists would deny that any such physiological condition exists at all.

I wonder if they actually mean that or if they're just using that argument as a means to an end. I like to pretend that people are reflective.