• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your talents? (typology)

I am...

• The Creative Thinker

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • The Intellectual

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • The Academic

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • The Leader

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • The Motoric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Artist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Creative and intellectual seemed closest.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Creative Thinker. My main talents are brainstorming, improvising, and performing. I am especially creative in my verbal expression, less so in writing.

G

Ginkgo

Will take the test later. Was about to say that when I engage my visual imagination long enough, it invariably puts me to sleep. You have no idea how useful this is.

I'd say I have elements of the academic and the artist, but not all the qualities of either type.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Academic. I especially excel at nitpicking and fault finding; other talents include crushing the young nephew at chess and ignoring loud cat noises at night, but what I'm most proud of is my ability to amuse myself. Just today, I browsed at a bunch of ball point pens for a good 15 minutes.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Creative Thinker fits best (not surprised if many NPs relate to that the most).

Close seconds:
Visual Artist
Intellectual

Specific Academic fits pretty well too, but didn't resonate immediately. As much as I may have obsessions & phases of interest (ie. personality typology), I think I am more of a generalist.

Not good at:
Leadership
Psychomotor

edit: Any other people in the US in that were in "Gifted & Talented" program? What was the criteria for you to be placed there?
I was a part of that program as a kid, but am not sure what criteria they used. The school did give us IQ tests (the only one I've ever taken & I have no idea my score). About 8 of us from the 5th grade classes got to go off after lunch & do more complex projects, which to me often felt like goofing off. I remember writing a play & building a time machine (part of the play) & being a really Nazi as I directed my peers in that particular project. I think we did this instead of math with the rest of the classes, but it's such a blur.

I thought the gifted population was less than 2% of people, so even about 8 kids out of an estimated 150 5th graders in the school is an over-representation. Most likely some of us were just "above average" and not actually "gifted", or they used other criteria than the IQ test.

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say creative thinker with intellectual and artist tied for second, minus the whole good spatial thing. Seriously. I bump into walls. It's not pretty, nor are my driving skills.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The sheep tramp.

The sheep tramp is just like you, he's like everybody and therefore expendable, in his uselessness he achieves a state of value to the more talented wherein they are raised up in status by his inadequacy.

Thank you sheep tramp!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm an inquisitive, intellectual artist who creatively thinks on a consistent bases and is well-known for her academic powers, athletic accomplishments and natural leadership qualities.

I'm also a trained assassin who can walk on water and shape shift, you know, just in case anybody was wondering. Not to mention, I have a marvelous sense of humor and am oh, so humble:)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say that the Academic best describes me, followed by the Artist and lastly the Intellectual

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This seems stupid to me.

That being said, Creative Thinker and Intellectual, foremost.

Then Leader.

And a slight bit of Motoric.

gromit

likes this
Pretty ok at all of them...

Also, shouldn't there be a "social skills" one or something? I would be pretty ok at that too, but some people might excel there.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
edit: Any other people in the US in that were in "Gifted & Talented" program?

Yes

What was the criteria for you to be placed there?

IQ > 130

I was a part of that program as a kid, but am not sure what criteria they used. The school did give us IQ tests (the only one I've ever taken & I have no idea my score). About 8 of us from the 5th grade classes got to go off after lunch & do more complex projects, which to me often felt like goofing off. I remember writing a play & building a time machine (part of the play) & being a really Nazi as I directed my peers in that particular project. I think we did this instead of math with the rest of the classes, but it's such a blur.

In 3rd grade, they did something like this for us: about 5 or 6 of us would be taken to a room and play chess.

From 4th to 6th grade, they separated us and about 20 other kids (from other primary schools in the district) into our own class, and we had a rotation of the same three teachers all three years (English/History/Social Studies, Science, and Math). Each year, one of the teachers was your main teacher, with whom you spent ~50% of your time, and you spent ~25% with each of the other two.

It was an excellent program.

I'm still really close with many of my friends from it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I can think of when I see the word Motoric is german bands from the seventies.

Because, motorik, I guess.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Somewhere between The Academic and The Artist.

The Academic's description fits me really well. I did amazing during middle and high school due to having a great memory. I can get obsessive over things I care about (but those things are very few). I just didn't really follow through with school after I got my undergraduate, it seems pointless to me.

I like this description of The Artist. I usually can't relate to artist descriptions because I'm not creative or good at painting or whatever. However, I think I'm pretty good at expressing myself and I'm pretty observant. The only point that didn't relate to me was the spatial thing. I'm great with directions, but I don't really have a good concept of physical boundaries.