• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your talents? (typology)

I am...

• The Creative Thinker

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • The Intellectual

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • The Academic

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • The Leader

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • The Motoric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Artist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
So in short: These are 6 different areas where people can be talented according to this site: http://www.nsgt.org/giftedness-defined/#5
The article is about gifted children, but it works for all kinds of people (hopefully).

As for making this thing more interesting I created a typology out of it. It would also be interesting to see if there are correlations between MBTI and talents.
You will likely relate to some points of every area, but vote for the type that resembles you the most. Oh and I appreciate feedback.

The Creative Thinker
· Independent thinker
· Exhibits original thinking in oral and written expression
· Comes up with several solutions to a given problem
· Possesses a sense of humor
· Creates and invents
· Challenged by creative tasks
· Improvises often
· Does not mind being different from the crowd

The Intellectual
· Formulates abstractions
· Processes information in complex ways
· Observant
· Excited about new ideas
· Enjoys hypothesizing
· Learns rapidly
· Uses a large vocabulary
· Inquisitive
· Self-starter

The Academic
· Good memorization ability
· Advanced comprehension
· Acquires basic skill knowledge quickly
· Widely read in special interest area
· High academic success in special interest area
· Pursues special interest with enthusiasm and vigor

The Leader
· Assumes responsibility
· High expectations for self and others
· Fluent, concise self expression
· Foresees consequences and implications of decisions
· Good judgment in decision making
· Likes structure
· Well-liked by peers
· Self-confident
· Organized

The Motoric
· Challenged by difficult athletic activities
· Exhibits precision in movement
· Enjoys participation in various athletic opportunities
· Excels in motor skills
· Well coordinated
· Good manipulative skills
· High energy level

The Artist
· Outstanding in sense of spatial relationships
· Unusual ability in expressing self, feeling, moods, etc., through dance, drama, music, etc.
· Good motor coordination
· Exhibits creative expression
· Desire for producing “own product” (not content with mere copying)
· Observant

á´…eparted

passages
I can pull a bunch from multiples from the list, but ultimately it's very close between the creative thinker and the leader for me. Depending on the situation, one will stand out a little more than the other, but to me they are heavily linked. I ultimately picked the leader though, as it doesn't result in discomfort/stress like the creative thinker can.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You neglected to add the option, "I am a talentless hack."
What's a talentless hack to do ?

Lame jokes aside, this seems reminiscent of the whole, "multiple intelligences" deal.
:shrug:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Among those, I´d say "The Intellectual" fits me best.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
All the different points for 'creative thinker' fit me well. The intellectual also fits me well, only I'm not a great self-starter.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The academic

When I find things interesting... I tend to exhaust the heck out of the information until I find something else that is equally or slightly more interesting. But first, I'll have to be interested in the subject matter in the first place.

L

LadyLazarus

Where is the "The Bum" option? I refuse to vote until I get the representation I deserve.

Seriously though, I'm going to go with "the artist", not to "toot my own horn" or anything gross as fuck like that but it's the closest one(the part about good motor skills and dancing does not fit though). The perfect fit would be a bit of several of them.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I show strong ability in four of the six (and the other two, not much at all), which pretty much sums up my life if you look at my academic career and things I've done over the course of my life: The Creative Thinker, The Intellectual, The Academic, and The Artist.

Probably a choice between Creative Thinker and Intellectual, but I feel that categorizing myself actually limits understanding of me rather than accentuating it.

I did actually get into school when I was four; the school wouldn't take me because my birthday was late, my parents insisted they test me, and I apparently blew away the test and there was no point in holding me back since they would just move me ahead soon enough. I was reading a number of grades above my level when still in elementary school. I was invited to join the Gifted program when our school offered it, but my parents wouldn't let me because "they didn't want me to be a snob."

Whatever. Instead, I was just mostly bored. I was voraciously reading outside schoolwork anyway, and also heavily involved in art and music. I started writing fiction and music in high school.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I voted intellectual, with academic a very close second. Also identify with some characteristics of the creative thinker and the leader. The artist doesn't really fit me much except for wanting a create own product rather than just copying. The motoric, doesn't fit me at all.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Is there not a 'tenacious pusher' one? Maybe academic but I don't relate to most of it's points and certainly none of the others.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I fit pretty darn well into 5/6 of these, with 2 winning out. The descriptions alone are interesting. The Leader qualities made me laugh because it created such clarity as to why I'm not super forthcoming w/ the leadership capacity I have-- all of the bullet points there ring true except "well liked by peers" and "self confidence", haha. :D People do like me when they get to know me, but I generally keep myself at arms length.

The Academic I wanted to rank last because I have strong (negative) feelings about academia and traditional higher education, but I actually do fit the description.

I guess I rank in this order:

Yes
Artist + Creative Thinker (these are probably equal, but went with Creative Thinker on the poll)
Leader
Intellectual
Academic

No
Motoric

[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] I'd say "tenacious pusher" falls under Leader. ;)

Last edited:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I did actually get into school when I was four; the school wouldn't take me because my birthday was late, my parents insisted they test me, and I apparently blew away the test and there was no point in holding me back since they would just move me ahead soon enough. I was reading a number of grades above my level when still in elementary school. I was invited to join the Gifted program when our school offered it, but my parents wouldn't let me because "they didn't want me to be a snob."

Whatever. Instead, I was just mostly bored. I was voraciously reading outside schoolwork anyway, and also heavily involved in art and music. I started writing fiction and music in high school.

Yeah I was exactly the same over my years in school. I was also tested gifted as a child but the elementary school in our community hadn't even got a program for gifted children. We're just too small for that. However, I remember how bored I was in elementary school, because I knew many things beforehand. I've been told that I could read the license plates of cars when I haven't even turned 2 yet. Ok, self-appreciation aside. :D I've got the problem now that I never learned how to learn things I don't want to. I'm going to graduate from Gymnasium (just like high school, nothing to do with sports) soon and I don't know how to accomplish the graduation tests. I basically slept in the lessons.
I also started to "write" music in Gymnasium. I think I was 14 or sth. and now I developed a passion for it. I want to become a composer for movie scores someday but right now I'm far away from that goal in terms of technical skills. I don't think I could ever compose something majestic as Lord of the Rings or Inception. However, lucky me, my parents are able to pay me an education on audio engineering. :)
But enough about my stuff for now.
Would you describe yourself succesful in your life? Did you accomplish the goals you had?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not super talented/gifted in any of them but Creative Thinking, General Intellectual Ability and Leadership are probably three that I have some ability in.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Leader and Motoric with bits and pieces of the three smart guy ones.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Creative thinker, intellectual second, academic third.

Not even a little bit of the last 3 :blush:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not super talented/gifted in any of them but Creative Thinking, General Intellectual Ability and Leadership are probably three that I have some ability in.
same for me

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I said creative. But who knows? does it matter? probably, do I care? not really? I'll probably die working in mcdonalds