• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Basic Needs Test!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found a test!

Here's the link to it: HelloQuizzy.com: Six Human Needs Test

This PDF explains each need http://www.lifecoachingintervention...Significance-of-Your-Most-Important-Needs.pdf

Post your results, and let me know if you guessed your needs correctly!

A little bit of theory:

My thoughts on the matter:

Last edited by a moderator:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to test results:
1) growth...2&3) contribution and significance..4) love/connection.....5) uncertainty/variety...6) certainty

But then I read all the descriptions and felt I related to 1) growth, closely followed by 2) love /connection, 3&4) certainty & contribution.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really liked the test - I had trouble answering your other thread due to not being able to choose as I identify with all of them. And sure enough - when I look through the recommendations of all types as to what others can do to help you along, I notice that I experience each one in specific moments, though some less than others.

1) Love/connection (no surprise there)
2) Growth
3) Contribution
4) Significance AND Uncertainty/Variety
5) Certainty

I found it interesting that some seemed to really overlap with certain enneagram types as well. (Significance is very 3, Growth very 5, Love very 2 etc)

Liked the explanations as well, it helped me resolve the conflict that I realise Ive been having where I feel guilty for withdrawing in order to tend to Growth, yet feel resentful and rebellious when I don't.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yea, I understand.

I got

1) Growth 13.5 pts
2) Certainty 12 pts
3) Significance 10 pts

(My points are way higher than yours :shock: does that mean I'm more needy? lol :doh: j/k )

But when I read the descriptions for significance, it really seemed like that's what I come off as. So I relate to the top three, it's a mix for me. The contradictions explained in the growth/certainty paragraph really helped me though.

1 growth...2&3 contribution and significance..4 love/connection.....5 uncertainty/variety...6 certainty

Sounds right except I thought love/connection would be higher. I could relate to the descriptions for significance & growth as my top two, as well as growth & contribution, but they weren't piercingly accurate or anything.

Could you relate to the Love/Connection descriptions better than those two maybe?

Really liked the test - I had trouble answering your other thread due to not being able to choose as I identify with all of them. And sure enough - when I look through the recommendations of all types as to what others can do to help you along, I notice that I experience each one in specific moments, though some less than others.

1) Love/connection (no surprise there)
2) Growth
3) Contribution
4) Significance AND Uncertainty/Variety
5) Certainty

I found it interesting that some seemed to really overlap with certain enneagram types as well. (Significance is very 3, Growth very 5, Love very 2 etc)

Liked the explanations as well, it helped me resolve the conflict that I realize I've been having where I feel guilty for withdrawing in order to tend to Growth, yet feel resentful and rebellious when I don't.

Yea, I know what you mean. We have all 6 needs, and need them all met, but I think the top 2-3 have the most impact on us.

My friend has Love/Connection first and Growth 2nd like you do. She has trouble finding balance between her top two as well. She will feel guilty on one hand, but resentful on the other. And she's a 2w1. I agree, I find it very interesting about the enneagram somewhat correlating to the needs.

I predicted love and significance ... and I was right ... though I had more exalted expectations of significance than the test, which more or less equates it with prestige. Variety was a close third.

Love/connection: 12
Significance: 11
Variety: 9.5
Growth: 7.5
Contribution: 7
Security: 6.5

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got the pairing I predicted -- but I related to Contribution first much more than Growth first. So, with that ranking corrected and points preserved:

1) Contribution (12)
2) Growth (13)
3) Significance (11.5)
4) Uncertainty/Variety (8)
5) Certainty and Love (tied, 6.5)

IF YOUR FIRST TWO NEEDS ARE FOR GROWTH AND CONTRIBUTION

I might have trouble with those I love because they may feel that my need to grow and to contribute is more important to me than they are. They might feel neglected and resentful. This conflict can be resolved if my need for growth and contribution includes contributing to those I love and helping them to grow in the ways that they want to grow. I might have conflicts with my spouse or partner if I want him/her to value growth and contribution in the same way I do.
Seems accurate.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here were my results (ftr, in the other thread I said theoretically my top 2 were love/connection and uncertainy/variety in that order):

Certainty/Security: 2.5
Uncertainty/Variety: 12.5
Significance: 7
Love/Connection: 10.5
Growth: 11
Contribution: 9

Love/Connection and Growth were really close. My first need and the description for it were for sure spot on. The description for Uncertainty and Love was more accurate than the description for Uncertainty and Growth, so I'm going to still stick with those as my top two priorities despite scoring .5 higher on Growth than Love. :laugh:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol my certainty result is pathetic

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah most of mine were 4 and 4.5 might be because most of my answers were no or partly

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not quite what I would have guessed.

Growth: 12
Significance: 11.5
Certainty: 10.5
Contribution: 9.5
Love/Connection: 7.5
Uncertainty/Variety: 7

I have a problem with the fact that they equate love and connection with sacrifice and imbalance. This is a common problem. I might be too concerned with protecting myself and my needs and so some might call me selfish, but I'd rather be that way than the opposite and I think that's fine and healthy. I think I have a strong need for love and connection, I just don't sacrifice my own needs in order to get it. It's the whole Christian martyr complex, and I reject it. Just as I thought, I went through the scoring and 4 questions related to this were:
-good at taking care of other people
Well that's a good thing to do, though I kind of suck at it. Still you should concern yourself with taking care of yourself before other people.
-usually the giver in relationships
This is an imbalance. People should give equally.
-I tend to overextend myself when...(caring, giving, whatever).
This is not healthy.
-Giving is more important than receiving.
No it's not, it's equally important.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I assumed it would be growth and certainty for myself, but ended up scoring the highest on significance and contribution and the descriptions for those were accurate enough for me not to read what I assumed I would get for myself.

After all the work, I really enjoyed this test and it is most definitely food for thought.

Thank you.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well... this surprised me.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Growth 12
Certainty 11
Significance 11
Contribution 10
Uncertainty/variety 8
Love/Connection 8

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My top scores were as predicted, but I didn't expect such a huge spread between the high and low scorers. The thing is, I don't think any can be fulfilled without enough of the the others.

Certainty: 12
Variety: 7
Significance: 11.5
Love: 1.5 (Okay, I may have a problem...)
Growth: 12.5
Contribution: 5.5

I assumed it would be growth and certainty for myself, but ended up scoring the highest on significance and contribution and the descriptions for those were accurate enough for me not to read what I assumed I would get for myself.

After all the work, I really enjoyed this test and it is most definitely food for thought.

Thank you.

Growth and significance fits you much better than contribution and significance.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guessed the same as the result.

edit: insightful, hurts bad having to wake up to this. Needed to hear this.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
13 growth
10.5 contribution
6.5 certainty
5.5 significance
4.5 variety
2.5 love

I didn't identify much with this:

IF YOUR FIRST TWO NEEDS ARE FOR GROWTH AND CONTRIBUTION

I might have trouble with those I love because they may feel that my need to grow and to contribute is more important to me than they are. They might feel neglected and resentful. This conflict can be resolved if my need for growth and contribution includes contributing to love and helping them to grow in the ways that they want to grow. I might have conflicts with my spouse or partner if I want him/her to value growth and contribution in the same way I do.

But the section on those who identify first with growth was much more on the mark. It did resemble enneagram 5 descriptions.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I expected that Contribution, Certainty & Love/Connection would have been the order of my top 3, followed by Growth, Significance & Uncertainty/Variety.

Basic Needs Test results:

Growth: 11.5
Contribution: 10.5
Love/Connection: 10
Certainty: 8.5
Significance: 8
Uncertainty/Variety: 5

baccheion

12.0 Contribution
12.0 Growth
*9.0 Significance
*9.0 Uncertainty/Variety