• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

dropping hints vs being direct

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't care if you quote the entire post. I care if you take the name of you can delete the stuff you don't want but still leave the name.

Ok, and I'm seriously trying to understand this, but why? Does it not give you a notification or what?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
glad to have cleared this up

See, people working together, solving interpersonal problems and miscommunications. That's what being a part of a functioning society is all about. I'm so proud of us both.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
See, people working together, solving interpersonal problems and miscommunications. That's what being a part of a functioning society is all about. I'm so proud of us both.

we should reward ourselves with cake and/or pie. Oh we should have a cake pie

Mole

Permabanned
Japan does have an exquisitely indirect culture that is a delight, but sometimes they find it hard to come to a decision, so they will invite a direct Westerner to join their deliberations to help them reach a speedy decision.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Japan does have an exquisitely indirect culture that is a delight, but sometimes they find it hard to come to a decision, so they will invite a direct Westerner to join their deliberations to help them reach a speedy decision.

Or bring slips worn by famous western woman

G

Ginkgo

:heart: Japan.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking on this, and I think one of the reasons I have issues with indirectness is, more than once some one has tried dropping hints. And I don't notice, so I keep doing what's making them mad. And when they are finally direct with me, I feel ten times worse, than if they were just upfront.

Like one that sticks out really well in my mind. Is my sister-in-law would say goodmorning, one day she quit. I hadn't noticed so I don't think anything of it, or maybe I did but didn't bother me. Finally she was like "did you notice, I stopped saying good morning?" and I was like "no" and she told me how it's considered polite to say good morning even if you don't feel like it. or someone will drop a hint about something I shouldn't do, I'll completely miss the hint, and piss them off, and 9 out of 10 times, they'll assume I'm just being defiant. sometimes I get the hints, not all the time. It's just I feel worse, because even though I can be a social fuck up, I really don't want to be.

The cute part is, when you were supposed to be infuriated that she stopped saying it, you barely noticed. That may add some extra insult to it when she had finally come clean and express herself directly. She got what she deserved...What type is your sister in law?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The cute part is, when you were supposed to be infuriated that she stopped saying it, you barely noticed. That may add some extra insult to it when she had finally come clean and express herself directly. She got what she deserved...What type is your sister in law?

I think she's probably ISFJ, but I don't see her all the time. I actually like her a lot. And she wasn't trying to be mean, it's just sometimes things like that go over my head a lot. I don't think I was suppose to be infuriated, it's just people seem to think I'll pick up on things like that, which is weird

G

garbage

When someone is upset with you or something you have done, it is not your responsibility to somehow magically know or pick up hints. It is their responsibility to communicate that to you in an honest way. Unlike you I do notice the hints people drop most of the time, but I will blatantly ignore them if it's in the context of conflict. It's not my responsibility to play a game and spare someone the big boy pants required to confront a problem.
Yeah. Picking up hints is one thing. Giving a damn about them or responding to them--enabling that game (in non-playful situations)--is quite another.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That's one thing I like about the mods, here is they'll lay it out for you. And I'll sometimes ask questions, which I'm sure is annoying and infuriates them. But I need to know.