• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mania

W

WALMART

"What goes up must come down."

Is this the primary axiom that defines the danger of manic states?

Any information provided is welcome.

Alea_iacta_est

Well given the fact that Mania represents itself in Manic-Depressive cycles (assuming psychological disorder), then yes, it would be. The danger would be inevitably avoidable however, as Manic-Depressive cycles can only be tempered I believe by medication, so when you reach a manic state, you will inevitably fall into a depressive state at some point.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've never met someone who exhibited it, but no unipolar mania?

Daniel's

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
?
"What goes up must come down." is a pretty hasty statement when it comes to mania.
First of all do you really mean mania as a psychologically unhealthy clinic state?
If you do so, mania can be responsible for the wide spectrum of looses and personal as well as social discomfort.
The person with mania, or "maniac" shows unusually high state of excitement, happiness that comes along with unrealistic acceptations on his own self, or others.
The denger comes when the maniac is no longer able to rationally judge actions/reactions and he starts to believe he has super abilities, feels invincible, have extremely high self esteem, that arises to narcissistic behavior and stats to experience delusional states, or hallucinations.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my experience with mania has been less need for sleep grandiosity then if i'm not sleeping eventually extreme paranoia, then after that a depression

I'm hoping this thread takes off, of course it's not controversial so probably not

G

garbage

Mania is burning the candle at both ends without realizing it. It's staying up for days at a time and still being oddly energetic. It's akin to those who don't feel pain--the pain is a signal that something is wrong.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mania might be when We feel the Force of Love or Happiness for the World radiating from our hearts and letting our spirits soar.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Don't think I'm bi-polar, but I do feel pretty manic sometimes.

One time in high school, I was mcing my high school talent show and was just loaded with energy (hadn't slept in like a week I was so wired). During a delay between acts, I decided to do a full strip show for the audience. My friend/co-host realized I was in one of my moods, and yelled out: "For the love of God! Keep your pants on, Jeremy", and then she wrapped herself around my legs to make sure I did. Everyone thought it was rehearsed, and laughed. Only I know she probably had saved me from expulsion, 1 month from graduation.

I definitely came down from that. A few weeks later, I wouldn't even take my shirt off to go swimming with my friends, and I slept like 12 hours a day.

I'm not sure which version of myself I prefer :shrug: Manic Exhibitionist, or shlubby depressed dude. Other people prefer the former, as long as they don't live with me everyday. I'm mostly shlubby depressed dude though.