• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it worth it to make yourself famous?

badger055

Permabanned
I'd say your Fe manifests through your grandiose, intentionally provocative forum persona, as well as the frequently emotionally-charged content of your posts (regardless of whether or not you're aware that they come off that way). Your persona feels more like overcompensation for the sake of a Fe-reaction as opposed to the passive indifference that typically characterizes an ITP's relationship with Fe - you argue through insults, value judgments (such-and-such is 'beneath' me, so his opinion isn't relevant, he gives me serial killer vibes) and infantile rants as opposed to, you know, reason.

Fe doesn't work like that. Fe makes you care about humans more. I always have logical reason behind everything I say I just choose not to go that way because it's not as fun or it's just a waste of time. If you are wondering about my grandiosity just take a look at my tritype.

7w8 <- every 7w8 is a certified narcissist
8w7 <- the emperor god destroyer of planets type
4w3 <- the diva type with a penchant for grandiosity

Basically I have an extroverted enneagram but an introverted MBTI so there isn't really a problem with expressing my Fe (negatively). Plus I'm sx first so that adds to the intensity.

Let me know if you have any further concerns as I will answer them without insulting you for a limited time.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I'd say your Fe manifests through your grandiose, intentionally provocative forum persona, as well as the frequently emotionally-charged content of your posts (regardless of whether or not you're aware that they come off that way). Your persona feels more like overcompensation for the sake of a Fe-reaction as opposed to the passive indifference that typically characterizes an ITP's relationship with Fe - you argue through value judgments (such-and-such is 'beneath' me, so his opinion isn't relevant, he gives me serial killer vibes) and infantile rants as opposed to, you know, reason.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I want to be a famous/successful novelist some day. I don't think mainstream novelists are hunted by the paparazzi as much. Think Miley Cyrus vs Stephen King.

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
Fame puts you on the grid. People will love you or hate you en masse, and someone will make sure you know it either way. Some might find you intimidating and never work up the courage to talk to you, depriving you of a potentially very interesting conversation or relationship. Others might pretend at relationships because it's cool to be friends with someone famous, while still others might even break off relationships because they don't want to be famous by proxy. Everything you do is publicized, everything you do is judged. People raise you to standards of perfection and get really angry when you don't live up to them.

This is my opinion on the matter, influenced by my experience with YouTube celebrities. The short answer is no, I don't believe it is worth it to be famous. The lack of privacy and the number it can do to your ego are poor trade-offs for influence over the masses, particularly when that influence can be achieved more anonymously.