• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Power, Intelligence, Beauty or Love

?

• Total voters

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Power is fragile, changeable, impermanent. It fades or gets overthrown. It's a deception.

Intelligence is only the capacity to learn, not necessarily the wisdom to know what to do with the knowledge once you've gained it. It is only as good as the amount of wisdom that accompanies it. Intelligence does not equate to wisdom and understanding. Without these, intelligence is empty.

Beauty is objective and it's fleeting. Everybody gets old or else dies young, so either way, the beauty fades [not referring to inner beauty or beauty of nature here though]

Love...not romance...what the Greeks referred to as Eros...but rather brotherly love and/or agape love...never fails and even death can't annul its affects.

So, if I had to choose just one...I'd choose love. But I would rather say...

....seek truth, gain wisdom, nurture understanding and live according to the principles of brotherly love...treat others the way you wish they would treat you, and then power won't seem like such an issue and intelligence will be recognized in all of its forms.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

When I was a little boy, my father told me we had a large and powerful friend across the Pacific. I said, America? And he said, Canada.

We have always got on well with the Canadians but recently we have decided to have closer relations with Canada.

In World War One, the most successful allied commanders were Canadian and Australian, because they actually cared about their soldiers lives.

And there were none that the enemy more greatly feared than the Canadians and the Australians.

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
I forgot to mention that my analyses are only free for the first 30 patients. Starting from Mole, i will have to begin charging. In other words you can get your reading for a fee.

Carry on.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If that was true then we would all be ruled by INTPs. Instead they are highly payed bug collectors.

Eh...

I once heard an INTP say that she has all this anger and wants to rule the world, but then she remembers she is lazy. :laugh:

So while yes, INTP's are highly intelligent, do they all really care about that kind of power? Even the INTP E8 I know doesn't. lol

G

garbage

I forgot to mention that my analyses are only free for the first 30 patients. Starting from Mole, i will have to begin charging. In other words you can get your reading for a fee.

Carry on.
I'll just have to post without asking for a reading. I'm a miser like that.

The choice we make is naturally going to come out of what we like, what appeals to us, what we're attracted to, and so on. But I also note that the assumption in many of our posts--and I thought this way at first--is that we're talking about a key trait in a partner, which isn't explicitly mentioned. Food for thought.
:popc1:

If I had to constrain myself to the rules for a bit and choose one of the four, I'd choose Intelligence--the ability to navigate the world around us is key. But if I could break out of the box a bit, Wisdom would be a better fit. It's kind of cheating, though, because many other traits, including some of those you mentioned, flow from it (to varying degrees).

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'd like to change my response to:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Carry on.
Ozones wants money, as money begets power. And Ozones wants to experience all the sensory pleasure that money can provide.

You should start looking for substance, Ozones.

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Ozones wants money, as money begets power. And Ozones wants to experience all the sensory pleasure that money can provide.

You should start looking for substance, Ozones.

:bunnyd::drummerboy:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know what the problem is with beauty and why so many are afraid to pick it. Because there is beauty in intelligence, power and love.

:tongue10:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know what the problem is with beauty and why so many are afraid to pick it. Because there is beauty in intelligence, power and love.

It was probably put up on the poll to represent a trophy gf/bf, not the abstract of beauty. I picked it. :solidarity:

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Yes. There is beauty in everything. And that is the truth.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess they're all open to interpretation... I interpreted beauty as physical aesthetic. I've met people who wielded very different kinds of power, many immaterial, and I've met people whose love was scathing. I chose intelligence because to me it signifies a greater depth of experience, and finding someone to share that with is the most I hope for.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess they're all open to interpretation... I interpreted beauty as physical aesthetic. I've met people who wielded very different kinds of power, many immaterial, and I've met people whose love was scathing. I chose intelligence because to me it signifies a greater depth of experience, and finding someone to share that with is the most I hope for.

Wouldn't it be funny if intelligence would be seen as shallow, as everyone picks it :alttongue:

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
It was probably put up on the poll to represent a trophy gf/bf, not the abstract of beauty. I picked it. :solidarity:

trophy anything is one of the most disgusting terms that ever existed. Also the choices were for yourself, not what you want in your significant other.

[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] the reason people didn't pick beauty is because it doesn't really enhance/affect your life like the others do.

Either way I chose power because at the beginning no one else did and i felt bad for it.