• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Power, Intelligence, Beauty or Love

?

• Total voters

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
In order of preference:

1. Love
2. Beauty
3. Intelligence
4. Power

But this is just if I was forced to choose. I'd rather just keep on being me, so I'd be able to find love as my own person, be seen as beautiful for who I am, gather intelligence by my own means, and accumulate power through my own will. But yeah, if I was forced to choose, those would be how I would prioritize them. :)

What can be said about Chanaynay?

You have a zest for life, for sure. You're always trying to see the good in people and situations. Your Idealism is a double edged sword and can sometimes bite you in the butt.

Also dont be surprised if poeple call you motormouth behind your back.

Be wary of jumping to conclusions.

At the end of the day, you have a good head on your shoulders and a bright future

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

What can be said about Chanaynay?

You have a zest for life, for sure. You're always trying to see the good in people and situations. Your Idealism is a double edged sword and can sometimes bite you in the butt.

Also dont be surprised if poeple call you motormouth behind your back.

Be wary of jumping to conclusions.

At the end of the day, you have a good head on your shoulders and a bright future

Aw. :heart:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Mole

Permabanned
I quote 1 Corinthians, Chapter 13 -

If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated.
It is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury.
It does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.
For we know partially and we prophesy partially, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face.
At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Love. The other three may fade or be lost, and while all are resources and may be delighted in, none of the others binds us to life and creates meaning in a way that heals both internally and externally.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unfortunately intelligence.

Reason being: knowledge is power.

So really, it's power.

But I am convinced that the one that really rules all is love.

Cause what is life without light?

And screw beauty. It's the least of my priorities. Beauty fades.

I can't pick just one! Damn 7 wing!

Mole

Permabanned
This thread gives surprising revelations of character.

Mole

Permabanned
What are your thoughts?

It won't surprise you to know that I follow the dictum, power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, which leads me to support liberal democracy based on the limitation of power.

As well, as an Australian, I have inherited from the British aristocracy the jealousy of power, in that we routinely cut down tall poppies.

Our sense of humour is deprecatory, and not just self deprecatory. And this serves to deflate the sense of importance conferred by power.

So we have a tragic view of life - in that we recognise the natural love of power is limited by liberal democracy.

So the Australian view is essentially tragic, in the same sense as an Ancient Greek Tragic play.

We see life is inevitably tragic. Quite unlike the Americans.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree, but hardly find it unfortunate.

I find it unfortunate because I know it's not everything. And it's what I default to. I would like to default to love...but I just innately don't.

One might as well ask, what is life without darkness? Night is, after all, the other half of day.

Ah ha but see...night is only the absence of light. Making light the only thing there is.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

It won't surprise you to know that I follow the dictum, power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, which leads me to support liberal democracy based on the limitation of power.

As well, as an Australian, I have inherited from the British aristocracy the jealousy of power, in that we routinely cut down tall poppies.

Our sense of humour is deprecatory, and not just self deprecatory. And this serves to deflate the sense of importance conferred by power.

So we have a tragic view of life - in that we recognise the natural love of power is limited by liberal democracy.

So the Australian view is essentially tragic, in the same sense as an Ancient Greek Tragic play.

We see life is inevitably tragic. Quite unlike the Americans.

What do ya think of Canadians?

Mole

Permabanned
What do ya think of Canadians?

When I was a little boy, my father told me we had a large and powerful friend across the Pacific. I said, America? And he said, Canada.

We have always got on well with the Canadians but recently we have decided to have closer relations with Canada.

Daenera

Rogue heart
Powerful love for intellectual beauty?!

Beautiful love for powerful intellect?!

Intellectual love for powerful beauty?!

:yapyapyap:
Dunno :shrug:

Ok, I say power defined or understood as having the ability to influence the world around you, to act rather then just react to it, the power or ability to create, share and enjoy beauty, give and receive love and take up on intellectual endeavors.:einstein2: Furthermore I agree with the statement that power doesn't corrupt but rather it shows such inclinations, it reveals character, at the same time it can be perceived as the highest expression of freedom.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say I'm morally obligated to take power, but I'd rather take intelligence because it would be so fantastic to see how a real genius sees the world. Not to mention the experience would eludicate once and for all what makes a genius; I'd be able to compare before and after.

*edit*

Though this wouldn't be intelligence in every sort of area, right (say, emotional, social and cognitive and more nuanced levels between)? Because it'd be awful if I had nothing to learn from other people.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just give me the beauty.