• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intelligence

krypton1te

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Is it a blessing or a curse?

I'm currently in university and I find it not only lonely, but exhausting. I haven't met any interesting people, let alone challenging. As much as I enjoy spending most of my time alone, isolation is not healthy.

Do you ever wish you had an average mindset?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I do have an average mind set. But like everyone with an average mind set, is prone to the illusion that they are special, and sometimes people tell you they are. You just have to realize they don't know what they're talking about. I am prone to be great and remembered centuries after I'm dead, but right now in this moment, I'm just an average human.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It seems to be a surprisingly hard thing to find people whose intelligence and interests both line up with one's own. And that's not even getting into values... Amazing how there can be so many people in this world and so many of us feel alone and misunderstood. But sometimes college is like that... something about the sardine effect of everyone getting pushed together that can make it seem particularly isolating.

As for intelligence, it's a double-edged sword inherently, I think. Perhaps an avenue to great benefit in ways but also a hindrance... and at least personally I have realized over time that I overestimated the importance of academic intelligence and underestimated the importance of other forms of intelligence in terms of having a good life.

á´…eparted

passages
Some times it's a blessing. Sometimes it's a curse. Sometimes it both. Sometimes it's neither. It all depends on how it manifests in a person.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Being less intelligent doesn't necessarily mean that you'd feel any less isolated.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'd love to have genius level intelligence like Tesla, but I'm content to be merely above average. The loneliness or isolation bit might be more of an intuitive problem. I enjoy people watching and studying human behavior so less intelligent people are actually more interesting.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a blessing.

But the curse is that you're forever wishing you could find another person with this blessing.

So both.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm currently in university and I find it not only lonely, but exhausting. I haven't met any interesting people, let alone challenging. As much as I enjoy spending most of my time alone, isolation is not healthy.

Never. The pluses so outweigh any minuses. And as an introvert, I almost need a good measure of isolation, or I feel scattered and depleted. Everyone's needs are different.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

get in touch with the parts of your personality other than your intelligence.
there are many sides to your human nature. get to know yourself by allowing others to get to know you too.

besides, there is a lot to appreciate about people who don't share the same type of intelligence as we have. example. to me, you could be dumb as a bag of bricks. but this doesn't negate the fact I might enjoy your company anyways. maybe I'll find your disposition adorable in its naiveness. or maybe I'll find you charming, amusing, funny etc.

Likewise if the script is flipped.