• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

if you ask for something and you get what you ask for

G

garbage

Depends on the other person, I suppose. As such, some are easier to ask than others.

Similar is not asking for something and receiving it anyway, with the other party asking for reciprocation. Although--I would recognize that my hypothetical dog comes from a place of love when he brings a dead bird to me as a present.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like when strings are attached.

I completely cut through that kinda crap by asking the person before I take whatever they're giving me, if they expect something in return.

I don't care if it hurts their feelings. That would be one of those "worst case scenarios" that would run through my head. I would rather not take something than have to pay for it later. I usually pay upfront for things anyways, to avoid that. And if someone does give me something unexpected, I usually find a way to repay them by an act of service or something. (but I don't wait long too long.)

This is one of the reason's I don't get social rules. I know that there's an emotional connotation that people attach to their things....but it's not because i relate. It's cause I've learned the hard way, by experience. Not fun.

G

Ginkgo

not in the spirit of birthdays or christmas, but like lets say you have a burritto and i want a bite, and i ask you for one, and you give me one, do I owe you?

Where does the burrito enter the picture?

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I don't expect anything back when I do minor favors for someone..