• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why certain people (who will be left nameless) sleep around...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha funny article

:hug: (that is one risque' emotican - i'll never see it in quite the same way.)

LadyInWaiting

MBTI Type
INFP
The very warm use sex to feel closer to others? The very cold use impersonal sex to create distance? Some of the very warm will regret it, because they don't achieve the emotional intimacy they think will come with physical intimacy, yet they keep on making that mistake. But others won't have regrets, they're the ones with the free love attitude.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
What about shrewish, frigid old maids?

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Some of the very warm will regret it, because they don't achieve the emotional intimacy they think will come with physical intimacy, yet they keep on making that mistake.
Nah, sex by itself can be fulfilling for many people. Guilt free too!

I wonder how many is "a lot" in this study.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Extremely cold and extremely warm people become the most promiscuous? This must be where the principles of heat transfer apply to sex.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hang on... nameless people sleep around more!?!

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Original Link didn't work so I'll repost here: Who Sleeps Around? Scientists Know | LiveScience

"People who are socially dominant and either very friendly or very antagonistic tend to be more sexually promiscuous, according to a new study."

This seems kind of obvious to me, extroverts get laid more. It doesn't necessarily show who DESIRES to be promiscuous though, just who is more able to pull it off. I don't think ISTPs have less sex drive than ESTPs for instance, though on average they probably have less frequent partners. It would more interesting if they could research DESIRE somehow.

When they mention the very warm and the very cold being the most promiscuous. I suspect the distrubtion has to do with Extroverts who are T vs extroverts who are F.

Furthermore, I notice ESTJs and ENTJs have the most cold, for sake of conquest, sport fucking, attitude when sleeping around. Individual ESTPs and ENTPs might sleep around just as much, but I feel like they are more likely to have "warmer" feelings during the act and are more likely to care about the person and are not trying to create distance as the article suggests while the ESTJs/ENTJs often do. Interestingly, I find the J's in this example to play much more of the "gentleman" role, as a tactic to increase success in their endeavors.

This is just based on the EXTJs i know vs the EXTPs I know however, and was wondering if you guys have any experience or feedback on this.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think sex generally appeals more to Sensors, because they're more desirous of physical pleasures. Of course, I'd expect SJs to be more abstinent, either for religious reasons or because they have better judgment than the SPs.

I would suspect that the Intuitive would perceive promiscuity as superficial and meaningless. An Intuitive, whether Extraverted or Introverted, is also more likely to be satisfied with fewer relationships, because they're interested in what's meaningful and not necessarily what's pleasurable.

An SP perceives sex to be enjoyed.

An SJ perceives sex to be handled responsibly. (Probably will only get laid through arranged marriages.)

An NF wants sexual relations to be meaningful.

An NT wants to understand the point of sex.

Stereotypical NTs are the most likely to have trouble getting laid, because of their tendency to intellectualize everything. However, an ENTJ may even use sex as part of a certain strategic maneuver. An ENTP, on the other hand, would be more interested in inventing new and exciting sex toys.

Moreover, an Ni will probably be inclined to masturbation as opposed to sex, since it's about indulging in fancy. They may also try to figure out why people touching each other like that is so enjoyable.

The typical mind of an INxJ seems to be considerably sadistic based on many posts made by these types. So with their J function perceiving such corruption and shallowness around them, their Ni function is likely to indulge in elaborate fantasies of hurting and killing those that they hate -- they may even get sexual pleasures doing such things. I know I do!

The Ni types seem to be more territorial than most.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think sex generally appeals more to Sensors, because they're more desirous of physical pleasures. Of course, I'd expect SJs to be more abstinent, either for religious reasons or because they have better judgment than the SPs.

I would suspect that the Intuitive would perceive promiscuity as superficial and meaningless. An Intuitive, whether Extraverted or Introverted, is also more likely to be satisfied with fewer relationships, because they're interested in what's meaningful and not necessarily what's pleasurable.

An SP perceives sex to be enjoyed.

An SJ perceives sex to be handled responsibly. (Probably will only get laid through arranged marriages.)

An NF wants sexual relations to be meaningful.

An NT wants to understand the point of sex.

Stereotypical NTs are the most likely to have trouble getting laid, because of their tendency to intellectualize everything. However, an ENTJ may even use sex as part of a certain strategic maneuver. An ENTP, on the other hand, would be more interested in inventing new and exciting sex toys.

Moreover, an Ni will probably be inclined to masturbation as opposed to sex, since it's about indulging in fancy. They may also try to figure out why people touching each other like that is so enjoyable.

The typical mind of an INxJ seems to be considerably sadistic based on many posts made by these types. So with their J function perceiving such corruption and shallowness around them, their Ni function is likely to indulge in elaborate fantasies of hurting and killing those that they hate -- they may even get sexual pleasures doing such things. I know I do!

The Ni types seem to be more territorial than most.
I'm not sure whether this was intended to be serious or not, but either way :rofl1:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Uber, I'm not much of an emoticon guy, but: :shock:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure whether this was intended to be serious or not, but either way :rofl1:

I don't see any humor in this. Explain why you feel this is so funny.

I do think promiscuity is for shallow people. Consequently, SPs are usually shallow.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2

Allow me to state the obvious and point out that that's a pretty fucking scary thing to say.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Allow me to state the obvious and point out that that's a pretty fucking scary thing to say.

What I meant was getting pleasure from fantasizing about such things...that was a typo.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think that the theory about some people being more likely to engage in intercourse is quite accurate, but there are several environmental variables involved, too many to narrow it down to type. First, there's the level of drive, the person's life circumstances, the person's values, and the laws and rules of their locale.

P.S.

Uberfuhrer, are you sure you're an INTJ? You seem to think an awful lot about morality. I don't think an INTJ would care about that. Personally, I think an INTJ would care more about achieving their goals efficiently, and could care less about right and wrong. You don't seem to have any goals, or plans for achieving them. You seem interested in self-expression more than anything.

You probably believe you are logical because you reject social values, but this only means you have weak Fe. Since you described killing people as being a form of art to you, this implies that you have a very personalized taste in art, that is completely independent of any sort of external system. This is neither logic nor social virtue. I believe it's a very unusual manifestation of Fi. It seems to me that you just want to erase current definitions of right and wrong, and rewrite them according to your own internal values, but you still believe that there are values. On the other hand, maybe my theory about Te being driven by an unconscious Fi was correct, and a very unusual Te can act like an inverted Fi, that acts to devalue everything rather than value anything, but inadvertently values its own devaluing process, developing unconscious values in the process that are opposite to those of the system it devalues.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, INFJs may be more logical and analytical because of a tertiary Ti function. INTJs have a tertiary Fi, so they tend to work more upon personal values, but not values based on external norms.

And my definition of immorality is people who annoy me.

How do you feel about my other type preferences?