• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why certain people (who will be left nameless) sleep around...

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs have a tertiary Fi, so they tend to work more upon personal values, but not values based on external norms.

QFE

Eventhough I disagree with like 80% of what you say (that's more opinion based), this is pretty much spot on. Generally, I create my morals based on what is important to me. The idea of morals tends to be something created by those in power and the society as a whole.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Of course, if everyone insists that this can be correlated to type, then I would agree that those with dominant Se, who are theoretically thrill-seekers, should be most inclined towards that sort of behavior. I would also guess that people who direct more of their energy outward, Extraverts, would also tend that way. That means that ESxP's are the most likely to sleep around, correct?

P.S.

So what you're saying then, Uberfuhrer, is that an INTJ can behave like an unusually creepy, eccentric, intolerant (from everyone else's perspective) version of INFP at times, and (theoretically) an INFJ could seem like an unusually serious, sympathetic, unconfident, and judgmental version of INTP at times? I'm willing to buy that.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what you're saying then, Uberfuhrer, is that an INTJ can behave like an unusually creepy, eccentric, intolerant (from everyone else's perspective) version of INFP at times, and (theoretically) an INFJ could seem like an unusually serious, sympathetic, unconfident, and judgmental version of INTP at times? I'm willing to buy that.

Well, I would think that N's more likely appear creepy or at least weird to S's.

And I think that J's tend to be more naturally angry than P's.

QFE

Even though I disagree with like 80% of what you say (that's more opinion based), this is pretty much spot on. Generally, I create my morals based on what is important to me. The idea of morals tends to be something created by those in power and the society as a whole.

Oh my, someone disagrees with me? Well...they shouldn't.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm starting to suspect that "Uberfuhrer" is really just MacGuffin play-acting.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see any humor in this. Explain why you feel this is so funny.

I do think promiscuity is for shallow people. Consequently, SPs are usually shallow.
I think calling people shallow based on type is shallow. But that's just my opinion.

As to why I found it funny, I'm amused by people stating absurd things. I thought for a minute it was a brilliant parody of ignorant people, but there was a touch too much seriousness (and even some truth) for me to be sure.

I could explain to you why exactly your post (and the similarity to select others here) amused me, but I don't have the patience to write out a list of the inaccuracies and gross stereotypes. Besides, you wouldn't believe me anyway--I'm just a poor shallow S. Instead, I'll continue to quietly laugh to myself. Carry on. :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think calling people shallow based on type is shallow. But that's just my opinion.

As to why I found it funny, I'm amused by people stating absurd things. I thought for a minute it was a brilliant parody of ignorant people, but there was a touch too much seriousness (and even some truth) for me to be sure.

I could explain to you why exactly your post (and the similarity to select others here) amused me, but I don't have the patience to write out a list of the inaccuracies and gross stereotypes. Besides, you wouldn't believe me anyway--I'm just a poor shallow S. Instead, I'll continue to quietly laugh to myself. Carry on. :)

Okay, I'll take back what I said. I'm sorry. I was just in a bad mood yesterday and needed to feel superior.

Now explain.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Of course, I'd expect SJs to be more abstinent, either for religious reasons or because they have better judgment than the SPs.

I must show my SJ husband this tonight. :rofl1:

I would suspect that the Intuitive would perceive promiscuity as superficial and meaningless. An Intuitive, whether Extraverted or Introverted, is also more likely to be satisfied with fewer relationships, because they're interested in what's meaningful and not necessarily what's pleasurable.

Phooey. Sex is fun. Sex feels good. Close intimate contact feels great, but not-so-close-more-anonymous contact can be fun, too. Does that mean I'm now a what... ESxx?

An NT wants to understand the point of sex.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Stereotypical NTs are the most likely to have trouble getting laid, because of their tendency to intellectualize everything. However, an ENTJ may even use sex as part of a certain strategic maneuver. An ENTP, on the other hand, would be more interested in inventing new and exciting sex toys.
Males perhaps - but I think that applies to all males. If women want to get laid, they can get laid.

The typical mind of an INxJ seems to be considerably sadistic based on many posts made by these types. So with their J function perceiving such corruption and shallowness around them, their Ni function is likely to indulge in elaborate fantasies of hurting and killing those that they hate -- they may even get sexual pleasures doing such things. I know I do!
I suspect this is how it appears to you, I doubt it's a widely held belief, though. I could extrapolate all kinds of things about NTs or Nis based on my personal sexual experience and it wouldn't be right, either.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I suspect this is how it appears to you, I doubt it's a widely held belief, though. I could extrapolate all kinds of things about NTs or Nis based on my personal sexual experience and it wouldn't be right, either.

Perhaps not, but it would be very entertaining. Please proceed :D

Personality may mold certain inclinations... but in the end, all* humans desire sex, lots of it, for as long as they are able to reproduce (and with extended lives now, beyond that).

* By all, I mean most, with certain errant factors leading to asexuality... just to be clear before I get jumped on :p

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

And how is using judgment to control instincts ignorance? After all, isn't that what makes people smart?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And how is using judgment to control instincts ignorance? After all, isn't that what makes people smart?
?

I'm not sure wtf you're talking about. What you said had nothing to do with using judgement to control instincts. The ignorance I was amused by was the unreasonable stereotypes. Perhaps you would realise how far off you were if you actually interacted with other human beings? Just a guess.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps you would realise how far off you were if you actually interacted with other human beings? Just a guess.

That would just be like sacrificing my beloved Intuitive function which I hold to be the source of my own personal intelligence.

If I interact with others, I would then lose my ability to theorize.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I sleep around a little, but it's only because i have some Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and don't really care what people think, so i'll lay down just about anywhere. ;)

(bad pun = apologies)

Ferrus

MBTI Type
INTP
As I said at INTPc this is hardly shocking news to me. But there is a nice irony there that those opposed to pre-martial sex are often most likely to engage in it. Such could be said of many a vice.