• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Easily bored with people/having high standards

badger055

Permabanned
@OP

Halla's post may be too far atm, for you to be able to relate to. It is however advice that you might find useful as you continue to grow as a person so...it might be wise to like..save it somewhere, for the future.

I can understand why you relate more to Whocares and those that are more your style, it's only natural. And yes, their posts therefore will be of more use to you. I also suspect you probably didn't start this thread as asking for advice on how to fix this issue, but for a way to collect data points and other people's experiences that could help you grow in the way you want to grow.

Right now, Hallas style of advice and being probably triggers a ton of rebellion in you coz it's too foreign still. I do believe though that you're actually doing exactly what you're meant to be doing - engaging people here, finding people that you can relate to and learn from and growing together with them, as we all do - at this particular time.

I know you probably cannot imagine this right now, but I think it is possible that you'll end up with a variation of how Halla navigates the world - he is after all very close to your personality type, but he has a couple more years under his belt and his priorities and outlook on life have no doubt changed as he too grew as a person.
With that in mind, I'm hoping that you'll find what you're looking for with this thread and that you hopefully get the space to figure this stuff out on your own terms.
After all, growth, and change happen when people get the chance to stretch, grow and experience for themselves. And it usually works better when you're not asked to do things that - for the moment, or ever - may not make sense to you yet. And it seems that in your own way, this is what you are doing right now.

One thing you might want to look into to find what you are looking for is wording things in a way that perhaps doesn't cause a stir with the general public - it seems that it would cloud the thread due to the responses it triggers which aren't of use to you at this particular time. While you certainly have the freedom to express your opinion, it can do a lot when you choose to optimise your communication style and might aid you in getting to our goal more swiftly. For instance, a simple acknowledgement that what you're aware you're expressing an unpopular opinion, but you want to explore this mindset further with people who might experience things the same way is often quite effective - especially here, on a forum dedicated to understanding yourself better. It is just a thought, though.

And with that said - I know I'm not one of the people you'll likely find useful and relatable right now, so Imma bow out

Happy hunting to ya :)

Brave of you to post in this thread. As you can see I'm on a warpath. Halla's advice will never be useful to me because it's like 20 levels below me he is not ahead of me. Why would I take advice from someone who is below me? In fact his advice is a tiny spec on my radar he still playing on level 1 talking about the most obvious stuff. There are people who great in this world and people who are average. If I need advice on being average I will come back here and take his advice.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I have a combination of this stuff going on. I have high standards for the people I'm around and at the same time I get easily bored with people. I see people like these objects that amuse me for awhile but then their negative qualities start to annoy me so I drop them. What would be the solution to this if there is one?

There's no solution.

á´…eparted

passages
There's no solution.

After reading this further, I came to say this.

You're not going to accept anything from anyone as it is. You're going to be stuck doing what you do now, and that's that.

You're entire persona just reeks of narcissism, and that's independent of all the success you claim.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
After reading this further, I came to say this.

You're not going to accept anything from anyone as it is. You're going to be stuck doing what you do now, and that's that.

You're entire persona just reeks of narcissism, and that's independent of all the success you claim.

He's already answered his own question.

badger055

Permabanned
Well anyways this thread has become useless to me so I'm vacating it. Feel free to bash me to your heart's content. If you have any further questions or concerns you can direct them to nowhere.

He's already answered his own question.

and yes I quite often answer my own question after I post about it and I see some responses

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
very few people have actually bashed you. If anything they've tried to help you

R

RDF

Well anyways this thread has become useless to me so I'm vacating it. Feel free to bash me to your heart's content. If you have any further questions or concerns you can direct them to nowhere.

If people are bashing you, take it as a compliment. It means that people feel they can be honest with you.

The answer to every "I-don't-fit-in" question ever posted at TypoC is pretty much the same: "It's because you're a fuck-up. Are you really stupid enough to believe that you're special and everyone else in the world is wrong? Try going with the flow, and you'll find the swimming a whole lot easier."

But the only type you can really say that to is ISTPs. Because they don't give a shit. :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd really re-evaluate these statements... "I see people like ... objects" ... Seriously, this is sort of creepy serial-killer style talk.
I often see people the same way. The difference is that I understand this is not the preferred way to view people and so don't talk in these terms. I also see myself as an object, relative to other people. That is, I might look at someone as just a means to an end, but at the same time I try to see how I might be a means to their ends - in other words, how we can help (use) each other to get what we want. The classic win-win scenario.

If you ever want to explore "appropriate," there are "appropriate" ways to get things done that still preserve your freedom. For example, you could have blown off Halla74's original message but in an "appropriate" fashion by saying, "Thanks, I'll consider what you said." That response doesn't commit you to anything, but it also doesn't burn any bridges the way an inappropriate response does.
Now you've stumbled across one of my pet peeves: saying what you don't really mean, just to appear polite. I can't tell you how often I've been told "thanks, I'll consider what you said" by people who have no intention of doing this. I would prefer they tell me to my face that they don't agree or don't find my input useful. Then we can settle it right there, rather than my leaving with some false expectation. And yes it is possible to do even this without being rude, unless the other person is someone who takes everything . . . personally.

lol oh hey chanaynay tell me how you really feel <3. Sorry but I'm not part of halla's fan club. If we are talking about success I doubt there is anyone on this forum who makes more than me. Just because you are older doesn't mean you are wiser. It doesn't give you the right to go around telling everyone how they should live their lives. I don't respond well to people who think they have moral superiority.
If you judge success by wealth and income, then you are right not to worry about who likes you or how many friends you have.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yep I do a lot of things for more freedom. Good burn the bridges I can't burn them fast enough.
And what exactly makes you so amazing?
Please, I can't wait to amuse myself with your answer.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would also like to judge [MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] harshly, for he does not look at people the same way I do.

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Now you've stumbled across one of my pet peeves: saying what you don't really mean, just to appear polite. I can't tell you how often I've been told "thanks, I'll consider what you said" by people who have no intention of doing this. I would prefer they tell me to my face that they don't agree or don't find my input useful. Then we can settle it right there, rather than my leaving with some false expectation. And yes it is possible to do even this without being rude, unless the other person is someone who takes everything . . . personally.

That's one of my pet peeves too. Those kind of non-responses are nothing but dressed up lies, as I experience them. Lies feel like disrespect to me.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Brave of you to post in this thread. As you can see I'm on a warpath. Halla's advice will never be useful to me because it's like 20 levels below me he is not ahead of me. Why would I take advice from someone who is below me? In fact his advice is a tiny spec on my radar he still playing on level 1 talking about the most obvious stuff. There are people who great in this world and people who are average. If I need advice on being average I will come back here and take his advice.

Halla isn't the one posting threads like this. The only reason you did was to make sure we all know, once again, how great you are in case we missed it in every other post you've made. Too bad redundancy doesn't equal fact. If you didn't have this problem, you'd cease to be as special as you think you are, so no, there can be no solution because there has to be the problem.

At this second, I can't even remember your username. My reply has scrolled past your quote. That's how below me you are. Notice how much you tell yourself you don't care? That's exactly how much I care if you care.

Yay. We're both assholes. Now watch how I don't give a shit enough to start a thread about it. Reach for those stars, buddy, and spare us.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Halla isn't the one posting threads like this. The only reason you did was to make sure we all know, once again, how great you are in case we missed it in every other post you've made. Too bad redundancy doesn't equal fact. If you didn't have this problem, you'd cease to be as special as you think you are, so no, there can be no solution because there has to be the problem.

At this second, I can't even remember your username. My reply has scrolled past your quote. That's how below me you are. Notice how much you tell yourself you don't care? That's exactly how much I care if you care.

Yay. We're both assholes. Now watch how I don't give a shit enough to start a thread about it. Reach for those stars, buddy, and spare us.

good now, i don't feel bad only remember the name of posters I like a lot or posters I wish would commit suicide

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
good now, i don't feel bad only remember the name of posters I like a lot or posters I wish would commit suicide

Same here. All I could recall was seeing the same spiel from a poster called b-b-blahblahblah.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That style. He reminds me of zago. His concise version, if you will.

So I have a combination of this stuff going on. I have high standards for the people I'm around and at the same time I get easily bored with people. I see people like these objects that amuse me for awhile but then their negative qualities start to annoy me so I drop them. What would be the solution to this if there is one?
If you don't feel like doing something to change that, then all advice is pointless.

Be happy, I guess.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] I think having high standards for people comes from having a 1 fix, it's like 1 and 7 together make for ultimate dissatisfaction.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Same here. All I could recall was seeing the same spiel from a poster called b-b-blahblahblah.
Also I never noticed his arrogance before this thread, in fact I don't remember him ever posting anything.

:thinking: I wonder if it's because, there's so many arrogant assholes, who think their asshole is the best in the universe and should be worshipped, I made the mistake of thinking he actually wanted advice. After his response to me, I realized he didn't want advice.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

The reason you find people so uninteresting is because you are looking for people with a red shirt, and most people are not wearing a red shirt. Once you see your own flaws as a human and see the give and take in society (Ni and Fe), you should be able to better empathize with others and find interaction with them stimulating. Until then they are your Ti Se play toys and life will only be about you you you. It gets old really fast. Most people are scared or lost children, including you (and just for the record me as well). You would fit more under the lost category. Once you understand what gift you have that others do not, you can use this to guide these lost and scared children instead of expect them to entertain you.