User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Anger?

  1. #1
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,646

    Default Anger?

    Lately, I've felt intense bouts of directionless anger which occur irrespective to my real world environment. They dissapate almost as quickly as they begin. Anger is usually a rare state for me. What may prevent these unpleasant episodes in the future?


    @Starry
    @Lady X
    @The Great One
    @Nicolita
    @EJArandee
    @skylights
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

  2. #2
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    I don't lash out at anybody, but the source of such intense anger is puzzling...
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    What do you eat? Do you have any minor food intolerances that don't register as allergies? I say this because I always get kinda unpleasantly intoxicated when I eat gluten, and I'm starting to think milk gives me anger attacks.

    What you described has happened to me, particularly in my younger years, but lately it's just come in very minor surges and I can usually dissolve them. I would clench my teeth and sometimes squeeze the blood vessels in my head. My parents also noticed I'd respond to sensory stimulus, like too many bright lights and loud noises.

    Actual anger, though...that's a different story...

  4. #4
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    What do you eat? Do you have any minor food intolerances that don't register as allergies? I say this because I always get kinda unpleasantly intoxicated when I eat gluten, and I'm starting to think milk gives me anger attacks.

    What you described has happened to me, particularly in my younger years, but lately it's just come in very minor surges and I can usually dissolve them. I would clench my teeth and sometimes squeeze the blood vessels in my head. My parents also noticed I'd respond to sensory stimulus, like too many bright lights and loud noises.

    Actual anger, though...that's a different story...
    I was tested a long time ago, and I have antibodies for a lot of foods and substances.
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

  5. #5
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Magic Qwan

    Do yoga, take valerian root capsules, exercise, make sure and get 7-9 hours of sleep a night, avoid stimulants such as coffee and caffeine in general, and try to eliminate life stressors. This helps me to deal with anxiety and anger.

  6. #6
    Senior Member HollyGolightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Maybe let yourself experience it? I repress anger and it causes me so many problems. I have such a problem expressing it and allowing myself to even feel it that it makes me feel trapped. The actual feeling of anger is over very quickly, apparently. It's when I turns into aggression and you start being aggressive in behaviour that it becomes a problem. But actually addressing the feeling is meant to be healthy apparently. Somebody gave me this advice but I am as of yet unsure of how to put it into practice.
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

    "That's because you don't have any arms."

  7. #7
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Magic Qwan

    Do yoga, take valerian root capsules, exercise, make sure and get 7-9 hours of sleep a night, avoid stimulants such as coffee and caffeine in general, and try to eliminate life stressors. This helps me to deal with anxiety and anger.
    I have sleep down, at least.

    Thank you, I will try the other stuff.
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

  8. #8
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    8,642

    Default

    I don't really experience anger. It's really rare. Most of the time, it just gets swallowed and that's that. When it does come out it can be really really nasty. Though I have learned to let it out in controlled doses when it wells up.

    I have a really short list of things that truly make me angry anyway.

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I have sleep down, at least.

    Thank you, I will try the other stuff.
    Yeah no problem.

  10. #10
    Knows your not ENFP Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I don't lash out at anybody, but the source of such intense anger is puzzling...
    I think it is important to pay attention to all of those physical factors...diet, sleep, activity levels, environmental factors <-but these things can only have an intensifying effect on an actual anger that is already in place. IOw, these are real feelings that need to be acknowledged/claimed. Don't snuff them out but bravely follow them to their source. I know you can do this.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJs - anger and upset?
    By Eileen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 09:28 AM
  2. [INTP] INTPs & Anger
    By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:58 PM
  3. Relationship b/w Anger & Sadness
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
  4. Anger
    By Ravenetta in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 05:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO