• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anger?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lately, I've felt intense bouts of directionless anger which occur irrespective to my real world environment. They dissapate almost as quickly as they begin. Anger is usually a rare state for me. What may prevent these unpleasant episodes in the future?

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14921]Nic[/MENTION]olita
@EJArandee
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't lash out at anybody, but the source of such intense anger is puzzling...

Cygnus

What do you eat? Do you have any minor food intolerances that don't register as allergies? I say this because I always get kinda unpleasantly intoxicated when I eat gluten, and I'm starting to think milk gives me anger attacks.

What you described has happened to me, particularly in my younger years, but lately it's just come in very minor surges and I can usually dissolve them. I would clench my teeth and sometimes squeeze the blood vessels in my head. My parents also noticed I'd respond to sensory stimulus, like too many bright lights and loud noises.

Actual anger, though...that's a different story...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you eat? Do you have any minor food intolerances that don't register as allergies? I say this because I always get kinda unpleasantly intoxicated when I eat gluten, and I'm starting to think milk gives me anger attacks.

What you described has happened to me, particularly in my younger years, but lately it's just come in very minor surges and I can usually dissolve them. I would clench my teeth and sometimes squeeze the blood vessels in my head. My parents also noticed I'd respond to sensory stimulus, like too many bright lights and loud noises.

Actual anger, though...that's a different story...

I was tested a long time ago, and I have antibodies for a lot of foods and substances.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

Do yoga, take valerian root capsules, exercise, make sure and get 7-9 hours of sleep a night, avoid stimulants such as coffee and caffeine in general, and try to eliminate life stressors. This helps me to deal with anxiety and anger.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe let yourself experience it? I repress anger and it causes me so many problems. I have such a problem expressing it and allowing myself to even feel it that it makes me feel trapped. The actual feeling of anger is over very quickly, apparently. It's when I turns into aggression and you start being aggressive in behaviour that it becomes a problem. But actually addressing the feeling is meant to be healthy apparently. Somebody gave me this advice but I am as of yet unsure of how to put it into practice.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

Do yoga, take valerian root capsules, exercise, make sure and get 7-9 hours of sleep a night, avoid stimulants such as coffee and caffeine in general, and try to eliminate life stressors. This helps me to deal with anxiety and anger.

I have sleep down, at least.

Thank you, I will try the other stuff.

á´…eparted

passages
I don't really experience anger. It's really rare. Most of the time, it just gets swallowed and that's that. When it does come out it can be really really nasty. Though I have learned to let it out in controlled doses when it wells up.

I have a really short list of things that truly make me angry anyway.

Starry

I don't lash out at anybody, but the source of such intense anger is puzzling...

I think it is important to pay attention to all of those physical factors...diet, sleep, activity levels, environmental factors <-but these things can only have an intensifying effect on an actual anger that is already in place. IOw, these are real feelings that need to be acknowledged/claimed. Don't snuff them out but bravely follow them to their source. I know you can do this.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I find my anger builds when my needs are not fulfilled.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it is important to pay attention to all of those physical factors...diet, sleep, activity levels, environmental factors <-but these things can only have an intensifying effect on an actual anger that is already in place. IOw, these are real feelings that need to be acknowledged/claimed. Don't snuff them out but bravely follow them to their source. I know you can do this.

Ok, I will seek.

When did you go INFJ?

gromit

likes this
IOw, these are real feelings that need to be acknowledged/claimed. Don't snuff them out but bravely follow them to their source. I know you can do this.

Yes this! Anger is emotional info telling us something is not right... that we perceive something to be unfair or unjust... if it is not a familiar emotion for you, it might take a little more effort to pinpoint what is causing it.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you angry at your circumstances and/or a person? Maybe feeling helpless, held back, or blocked from your goals?

Starry

Ok, I will seek.

When did you go INFJ?

I'm picking up new typing skills from members here that I'm putting into practice :)

Yes this! Anger is emotional info telling us something is not right... that we perceive something to be unfair or unjust... if it is not a familiar emotion for you, it might take a little more effort to pinpoint what is causing it.

Yes. Don't assign it a negative value Mr. Qwan...don't give it that kind of power, etc. Welcome it. Assign it the positive value it should be given as it is pointing the way towards something that will heal you.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm picking up new typing skills from members here that I'm putting into practice :)

Yes. Don't assign it a negative value Mr. Qwan...don't give it that kind of power, etc. Welcome it. Assign it the positive value it should be given as it is pointing the way towards something that will heal you.

I think I know the source. The most common triggers are theistic fundementalist religious themes. I must need to free others from the taint of fundementalism.

Am I right? It feels right...

Also, could I be INFJ since I seem to use Ti?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

No. Can't see it. I think that young ENFPs go through this...Fi is starting to really kick in. The Awakening...personal quest for one's own values and beliefs. It's like the first major moult! Weighing, sifting, and coming to conclusions...it's rough and that's not said lightly. I know for myself it felt precarious. Whoa...what to do? Keep exploring life, getting more experiences for your Fi. Take time to yourself alone to sort it all out (this is really crucial to ENFPs) and know that time is not your enemy (I can't believe I said that).

:hug:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Can't see it. I think that young ENFPs go through this...Fi is starting to really kick in. The Awakening...personal quest for one's own values and beliefs. It's like the first major moult! Weighing, sifting, and coming to conclusions...it's rough and that's not said lightly. I know for myself it felt precarious. Whoa...what to do? Keep exploring life, getting more experiences for your Fi. Take time to yourself alone to sort it all out (this is really crucial to ENFPs) and know that time is not your enemy (I can't believe I said that).

thank you.

Starry

I think I know the source. The most common triggers are theistic fundementalist religious themes. I must need to free others from the taint of fundementalism.

Am I right? It feels right...

I think you have an important purpose that your anger is reminding you of :hug:

And no, I don't think you're INFJ. I make high use of Ti as well...this is not unusual for an ENFP. I am gonna put my proper type back up so as not to confuse...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you have an important purpose that your anger is reminding you of :hug:

And no, I don't think you're INFJ. I make high use of Ti as well...this is not unusual for an ENFP. I am gonna put my proper type back up so as not to confuse...

Ok!