• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why does everyone want to be a psycopath?

á´…eparted

passages
Easy: Think of how much easier it would be to live your life. Feelings get in the way of stuff. A lot. When that doesn't matter, the world is your oyster ripe for the taking.

That said. I seriously doubt many people actually want to be one.

G

garbage

Easy: Think of how much easier it would be to live your life. Feelings get in the way of stuff. A lot. When that doesn't matter, the world is your oyster ripe for the taking.

That said. I seriously doubt many people actually want to be one.
This exactly. It's pretty easy to glorify having no restraints.

I imagine that it would also be appealing to the "I want to be different, unique, and interesting" crowd.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I blame Ayn Rand… and Fox News.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
sometimes I think I'm one, because death doesn't bother me like it does others, but then I get emotional about something, and go nope, no I'm not.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't want to be a psychopath, I want to be a high functioning sociopath!

Jeez, I need to stop watching Sherlock.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Too many silly rules and at the same time too much freedom.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
The same reason many children want to be pirates; they sometimes crave excitement and feelings of empowerment and superiority that are otherwise unavailable to them without understanding (or choosing not to swell upon) the true costs involved. I think some people call it 'the glamour of evil', for most it never goes far beyond playing the Dark Brotherhood quest line in Skyrim or conquering the world in a Civilization game-a brief idle fantasy rather than a true desire.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The same reason many children want to be pirates; they sometimes crave excitement and feelings of empowerment and superiority that are otherwise unavailable to them without understanding (or choosing not to swell upon) the true costs involved. I think some people call it 'the glamour of evil', for most it never goes far beyond playing the Dark Brotherhood quest line in Skyrim or conquering the world in a Civilization game-a brief idle fantasy rather than a true desire.
So no one, actually wants to be a psychopath?

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
So no one, actually wants to be a psychopath?

Very very few in actuality-its probably unhealthy (and desensitizing) to dwell too long on such fantasies, but peer-pressure and in-group-out-group socializing based on a very non-psychopathic need for emotional connections is probably more likely to trigger psychopathic behavior in most people than a violent fantasy life..

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Very very few in actuality-its probably unhealthy (and desensitizing) to dwell too long on such fantasies, but peer-pressure and in-group-out-group socializing based on a very non-psychopathic need for emotional connections is probably more likely to trigger psychopathic behavior in most people than a violent fantasy life..

I agree emotions are icky sometimes, but they allow us to relate and I think for most people are a necessity. I like having emotions, well right now because at the moment all my emotions are extremely positive. which is awesome btw. I'll probably hate them when they become negative, because the thing is nothing stays the same.

Octavarium

one person does not make it so, why do you know more? tell me I want to be their friend

Telling you would be a bad idea. Do cannabalistic humanoid underground dwellers attempt to eat each other or do you have some kind of agreement?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's all because how psychopaths were idealized in so many books, movies, or Tv series. They are usually portrayed as highly intelligent individuals who always get what they want. Who wouldn't like to be like that?