• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why does everyone want to be a psycopath?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The motivations still narrow down to the idea of being a psychopath. Out of all mental illnesses, look at how much emphasis is portrayed in psycho/sociopathy in the media. Media influences an individual either consciously or unconsciously. Whether they realize it or not, it still has some kind of effect. I would not be surprised if the people wanting to be psychopaths already possess some features of psycho/sociopathy.

That seems plausible, semi 'opaths wanting to hone their skills.

The lifestyle is thrilling. You're liberated from the human condition. Emotions are discarded, no one can hurt you.

I'd argue that that is the ideology but far from the reality, I imagine many find they are greatly confused with why they do not seem to fit, the idea of going from a neurotypical to psycho/sociopath is probably far more appealling to those who have experienced some kind of extreme emotional suffering.

We live in a finite world. We are stranded in cosmic dust. If an individual is already feeling alien to the world and to society, psycho/sociopathy would at least confirm and give them a position and group they can belong to in a society.

Agreed.

I do agree with you though. T over F's for psycho/sociopathy.

Maybe i did not make myself clear on that one. There is a difference between psychopathy and sociopathy. Psychopaths feel sociopaths do not (in umbrella speak) this would give rise to a supposition that psychopaths more closely resemble Feelers and sociopaths closer linking to Thinkers. Ofc debatable and not mutually exclusive