• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how do you not collapse from exhaustion?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been going from about 7am-7pm since friday and I still have a whole list of things I need to get done in the next two days and I'm not even done with today and I'm exhausted. does it get easier with time?

and I'm gonna be judged for feeling this way and being over stimulated

Sunny Ghost

My new work schedule is 7am-7pm. Plus I have to commute, so my alarm clock goes off at 4:45am. I've just had to learn to go to bed earlier the night before. Like it's 8:52pm right now.... so it's like bed time now. Drastic from my previous schedule where I could stay awake til 3am and sleep in until 10am or so. I also eat a lot of snacks now, and that seems to give me little energy boosts. And coffee is a must in those early morning hours. Yeah, it gets easier. But I'm always beat by the end of the day.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My new work schedule is 7am-7pm. Plus I have to commute, so my alarm clock goes off at 4:45am. I've just had to learn to go to bed earlier the night before. Like it's 8:52pm right now.... so it's like bed time now. Drastic from my previous schedule where I could stay awake til 3am and sleep in until 10am or so. I also eat a lot of snacks now, and that seems to give me little energy boosts. And coffee is a must in those early morning hours. Yeah, it gets easier. But I'm always beat by the end of the day.
good I'm glad it gets easier, cuz i was about to say fuck this.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Is this a new job schedule??

no it's just i'm moving in 3 months and i started school again, and volunteering 12 hours a week and setting up appointments and trying to get a support system in place it should settle down soon and just having to take the bus everyone and having to leave the house an 1/2 before i have to get to the bus stop so what should only take an hour takes at least 2 not counting how early i get their cuz of the bus schedule or how long i have to wait for the bus so add 1 or more hours on to whatever I have to do.

Sunny Ghost

no it's just i'm moving in 3 months and i started school again, and volunteering 12 hours a week and setting up appointments and trying to get a support system in place it should settle down soon and just having to take the bus everyone and having to leave the house an 1/2 before i have to get to the bus stop so what should only take an hour takes at least 2 not counting how early i get their cuz of the bus schedule or how long i have to wait for the bus so add 1 or more hours on to whatever I have to do.

Make sure you get plenty of sleep at night. A full 8 hours! And congrats on going back to school.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You'll adapt to it and it will start to feel normal. In the meantime sleep well and take a solid hour at night to just wind down and relax if you can.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's what I want to know. I badly need sleep to function, but resist it anyway because the time I get at home belongs to me, and I don't want to let go of a minute with my own interests for something as neutral as sleep. In the end, I just don't sleep much.

gromit

likes this
Yes I echo the 8-hrs of sleep per night (or however much you need). Not enough sleep colors everything else and just drags you down.

Also, be creative with how you use your transit time, depending if you can read in a moving vehicle, or nap, or listen to a book on tape or whatnot... there are plenty of options so you don't feel like you're just stuck there for that time that you're travelling.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yes I echo the 8-hrs of sleep per night (or however much you need). Not enough sleep colors everything else and just drags you down.

Also, be creative with how you use your transit time, depending if you can read in a moving vehicle, or nap, or listen to a book on tape or whatnot... there are plenty of options so you don't feel like you're just stuck there for that time that you're travelling.

I would do that but I'm too anxious about missing my stops that i wouldn't be able to concentrate.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Are you eating enough? Here's a calorie calculator to figure out your energy needs. If you're undereating you might not have enough energy to do everything you need to do.
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

probably not, I don't eat when I'm running around because I don't think about it.

I don't know how much I weigh.

wait if I was a size 10 and now a size 6 and i was 165 at size 10 how much would you guess i weighed now?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok I've given up not collapsing from exhaustion/not crying my eyes out on friday when i get home. so now how do I keep obnoxious people from getting to me. when I literally have no place where I can be alone with my thoughts and distress?
monday out of the house from 8:30 am-7pm
tuesday-1-6
wednesday 10-7
thursday-study day nothing gets scheduled unless absolutley nesecerry
friday-7:20-4

now this might not seem like a lot but never going out ever to this, maybe I just need to adjust.

I do not like being an adult.

and people are saying, oh you're doing this consisently and you don't have an excuse to be lazy. but I am so close to just having a breakdown and saying fuck it.

Usehername

On a mission
ok I've given up not collapsing from exhaustion/not crying my eyes out on friday when i get home. so now how do I keep obnoxious people from getting to me. when I literally have no place where I can be alone with my thoughts and distress?
tuesday-1-6
wednesday 10-7

now this might not seem like a lot but never going out ever to this, maybe I just need to adjust.

and people are saying, oh you're doing this consisently and you don't have an excuse to be lazy. but I am so close to just having a breakdown and saying fuck it.

:hug:

FWIW I think a lot of the high emotions and overwhelm comes with the territory of not being part of the adult world that is "settled." A lot of grad students have a teary breakdown session very frequently. It's hard to be an adult but not show adult markers that we presume are necessary.

Those things are not necessary, though. In most cultures adults are much more interdependent than here. Lots of more flex and variety.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
tuesday-1-6
wednesday 10-7

and people are saying, oh you're doing this consistently and you don't have an excuse to be lazy. but I am so close to just having a breakdown and saying fuck it.

I see how it's easy to get lost in activities and become absorbed in your environment to the point where you forget to eat or drink, but you i suggest you take some time to reflect what's important to you and why and then go over the steps that will help you become successful towards your goals. Keep in mind that if you're not in good shape (so to speak), meaning you're not getting enough food, water or sleep, that this will affect your performance no matter how you go around it. It's something worth addressing and taking the time to attend to and learn to enjoy doing.

In terms of lacking personal space, create your own invisible bubble. Listening to music using earbuds/headphones can help. You can also go hang out in quiet places if you don't have any place where you live, like your room or bathroom. You can go to a small restaurant, coffee shop, in your car, a park, nature, etc...even if it's just for 15-30mins to exhale.

If you have been pushing yourself to the point of exhaustion and are at the brink of saying "fuck it," you should go with your gut! Clearly you've had enough and your body is yelling that out to you. All you can do is assess that the approach you've taken, or the obligations you've accepted, aren't working and something needs to change.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Take a deep breath and do some triage. Prioritize things that have a deadline, then focus those one by one. Don't try to do multiple things at once, you'll just get distracted. Focus on the big picture instead of getting swamped by what's left to do.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would do that but I'm too anxious about missing my stops that i wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Being anxious prevents you from relaxing, which prevents you from being rested, which will eventually wear you down. Fight for those moments of rest.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the problem with cutting things out, is this stuff i'm required to do every week. this is without oh I need to go here because of this.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm required to get 12 hours of volunteer work a week. I have 9 guaranteed each week, and luckily I was told I can do things around the house for the other 3 which is nice

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Coffee. ... if that doesn't work, espresso.