• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People scared of independant thinkers

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I am a competent, strong willed independant thinker. When I want something, I go for it.

This disturbs a lot of people, because I cannot be controlled or predicted, and they know I'm quite intelligent and able to do what I set out to do.

So, is there anything I can do to... not freak people out?

Perform acts of service and good deeds?

It seems as if, no matter how hard I try, people will always believe I'm some mindless unicron that's going to eventually destroy the world or something.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. Just go after what you desire. If you ever become wealthy, donate a little here and there, just to show all the people you've intimidated through the years that you have a warm teddybear heart under your hard exoskeleton

badger055

Permabanned
You can reframe anything to sound good. Once you do make it then it changes to people admiring you and wanting your money.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
You can reframe anything to sound good. Once you do make it then it changes to people admiring you and wanting your money.

Great! Here's a challenge: Reframe the following to make them sound good, if people go after your money blame only yourself ;)

1. You are a sewage extractor when a deuce floods public property you dive in.
2. You still live in your parents basement.
3. You are a strong supporter of Sarah Palin.

I would apologize for hijacking the thread but I'm taking what I want.

badger055

Permabanned
Great! Here's a challenge: Reframe the following to make them sound good, if people go after your money blame only yourself ;)

1. You are a sewage extractor when a deuce floods public property you dive in.
2. You still live in your parents basement.
3. You are a strong supporter of Sarah Palin.

I would apologize for hijacking the thread but I'm taking what I want.

1. Shitty pipes blame it on someone else
2. I'm in between places right now
3. I like alaska I'm an outdoors person

S

Stansmith

Has someone actually approached you about this, or are you just projecting? What kind of feedback have you been receiving? I doubt that the world is as stacked up against you as you seem to think it is, frankly...and if it is, it might not be for the reasons you've listed alone.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This disturbs a lot of people, because I cannot be controlled or predicted, and they know I'm quite intelligent and able to do what I set out to do.

Maybe they're just tired of hearing you talk about yourself and how awesome you are all the time.

G

garbage

If you have this problem, and if you care to fix it, then temper it a bit. Count to 10 before you say or do something 'extreme' in the moment; practice overanalyzing in order to teach yourself about mental balance, and so on.

Whether it's a problem or whether it's worth fixing are other questions. Not giving a damn is actually a viable option.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
people, are afraid of independent thinkers... I've fealt like an alien many times due to this.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Has someone actually approached you about this, or are you just projecting? What kind of feedback have you been receiving? I doubt that the world is as stacked up against you as you seem to think it is, frankly...and if it is, it might not be for the reasons you've listed alone.

yes I have people tell me I'm a loose cannon at least once a month my entire life. I spent 5 years in the military hearing the words, "You're an individual!"

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Maybe they're just tired of hearing you talk about yourself and how awesome you are all the time.

I don't think I actually say anything that says I'm awesome. I think you're just seeing something that's there.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a competent, strong willed independant thinker. When I want something, I go for it.

It seems as if, no matter how hard I try, people will always believe I'm some mindless unicron that's going to eventually destroy the world or something.

Tact. That's all we really need (and to remind ourselves of). And if they don't agree after that, then maybe this means they're an independent thinker too.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a competent, strong willed independant thinker.

...and you're a special person, and darn it people like you!!! :holy:

images

When I want something, I go for it.

Ok.

This disturbs a lot of people, because I cannot be controlled or predicted...

You wish you disturbed people.

...and they know I'm quite intelligent and able to do what I set out to do.

Because of the neon sign floating above your head that proclaims these things to all?

Go to an island, faaar, faaaar away - and live out the rest of your days in peace with palm trees and coconuts?

Without sincerity acts and good deeds are as empty and meaningless as delusions of grandeur.

It seems as if, no matter how hard I try, people will always believe I'm some mindless unicron...

What the fuck is a "unicron?"

...that's going to eventually destroy the world or something.

Everyone needs a dream, you need to embrace on that is achievable.

:violin:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I was wrong. People look up to me for my fearlessness and enthusiasm for life and I push them away because I'm a paranoid schizophrenic who thinks they're trying to eat me and I could never find out why.