• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do I develop Fe?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if my main issue that I can't seem to relate to other people's emotions? Like i know what to say to people, but their's no emotion behind it. Like I know I'm suppose to feel bad for x situation, but for some reason I just can't. I don't seem to be able to relate to most situations people are in/been in. So I feel like a selfish prick as a result. and I'm thinking if I develop Fe I'll be able to do something. It's weird because my friends have told me something and no emotion and they're my friends. And I tend to dodge out of the way for hugs or hope the person doesn't ask me for a hug. I like hugs I just don't always want them.

Alea_iacta_est

Watch how other people react to situations, store it in your memory, practice it a few times when people call upon it, adopt it into your style as a mimicry.

I'm the same way. If you actually want to develop the feeling side as in beginning to experience emotions from external sources of input, you will have to develop your shadow functions, which would suck shit. (Assuming INFP)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Watch how other people react to situations, store it in your memory, practice it a few times when people call upon it, adopt it into your style as a mimicry.

I'm the same way. If you actually want to develop the feeling side as in beginning to experience emotions from external sources of input, you will have to develop your shadow functions, which would suck shit. (Assuming INFP)

I've done the mimicry thing for awhile, but for some reason it doesn't click. perhaps I'm doing it wrong

Alea_iacta_est

I've done the mimicry thing for awhile, but for some reason it doesn't click. perhaps I'm doing it wrong

Well that leaves three possibilities. 1. That you have been mimicking the wrong people. 2. That you aren't letting intuition take the lead to learn the patterns of social interaction. 3. That you think it isn't working, but it is.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well that leaves three possibilities. 1. That you have been mimicking the wrong people. 2. That you aren't letting intuition take the lead to learn the patterns of social interaction. 3. That you think it isn't working, but it is.

I'll take 2 for 500, alex

that's my guess at least

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
if my main issue that I can't seem to relate to other people's emotions? Like i know what to say to people, but their's no emotion behind it. Like I know I'm suppose to feel bad for x situation, but for some reason I just can't. I don't seem to be able to relate to most situations people are in/been in. So I feel like a selfish prick as a result. and I'm thinking if I develop Fe I'll be able to do something. It's weird because my friends have told me something and no emotion and they're my friends. And I tend to dodge out of the way for hugs or hope the person doesn't ask me for a hug. I like hugs I just don't always want them.

That's been my problem too. Its easier for me to relate if its a situation I've also experienced myself but oftentimes it isn't.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
My Si-Fe checklist.

It worked great for me for like several months. I learned things, and I can pick it back up any time I want. Right now I'm not so into it, but I don't need to be. In those months I proved to myself that I can do it, but I actually value Ti and Ne a lot more and want to focus my energy on them. My house is a mess and I don't have many social ties, but I'm doing fine emotionally. That hadn't been the case in summer '13.

Following those rules I made a ton of social connections very quickly. In the end I just chose my favorite, said fuck everyone else, and here I am, still great friends with that person.

W

WhoCares

According to your checklist Zago, my Fe sucks. Big surprise there.....:D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You don't seem to lack it to me, prps, but I only know you from here. I've read that reading literary fiction increases empathy. So that might work. IIRC, reading is a pain for you, but a lot of the fancy pants books can be found in audio form on LibriVox for free. The narrators are hit and miss, but I've enjoyed listening to some of them. It might be worth a try. :shrug: