• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Being full of contradictions, and getting scolded for it

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
My gf reads lots of self-help/positive psychology books. A major plank of positive psychology is gratitude and not caring about more, despite striving being part of the human condition. I accept this paradox, but then does it bother you if people label for you being contradictory/paradoxical when it's normal in the human condition? isn't that like condemning somebody for abstract thought or bipedal locomotion? :hi:

Kind of like I have these beliefs:

- I hate psychology and all of its adherents and don't want anything to do with any of them, but when I visit my mom's Rotary Club, she has a friend/co-member who is a psychologist and wouldn't mind dating/banging if she were not married.

- I hate prejudice in all forms, but dislike Arabs and/or Muslims since I don't like how they think/reason.

- I am a Gooner, but like Tottenham, even though they're going out in the 3rd round soon.

- I hate psychiatry, but then judge others' mental illness/fitness per the DSM (I downloaded a copy lately, the 5th edition). I have a psychiatrist who is very adept at his job.

I guess I don't need to get why, as people don't often make sense and are not rational.