• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone else's personality change with the seasons?

badger055

Permabanned
During the winter months I become very introverted but I feel laser focused. I don't want to be around people or have a gf during this time. During the warmer months I become more extroverted and excitement seeking but much much harder to focus. I can actually feel my brain state dramatically shift when the weather changes.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
yeah, and i've also read that the incidence of depression is lower in states with better climate. i think this is a pretty widespread phenomenon.

wolfy

awsm
My mood changes I think. Pretty much like what you said. But not as dramatically maybe.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My personally changea depending on how much I hate the people I'm around but isn't effected by weathee

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Mood maybe, not personality.

badger055

Permabanned
Seasonal affective disorder is a thing. A lot of people get a little bit bummed and depressed when the weather's all cold and stupid, but the weather affects some much more than others.

Sounds sort of like it I relate to the, "feel drowsy during the daytime". I don't really feel depressed though but then again I always find it hard to tell what I'm feeling. The treatment says light therapy but I think it has more to do with air temperature than light. I might try it out.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
During the winter... it's not so much that my personality "changes", but long after the first snowfall I start to feel more somber. The only way I can prevent myself from falling into mild depression (which does happen at times, I'm sorry to say) is by listening to positive music and keeping my mind occupied with activities that I enjoy.

Mole

Permabanned
They say Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is caused by a lack of vitamin D.

We get our vitamin D from sunshine on our bare skin, and in winter there is less sunshine and less bare skin.

So in winter it might be a good idea to take capsules of vitamin D.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They say Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is caused by a lack of vitamin D.

We get our vitamin D from sunshine on our bare skin, and in winter there is less sunshine and less bare skin.

So in winter it might be a good idea to take capsules of vitamin D.

Really? :shocking: Because just 3-4 months ago, my family doctor warned me that my body lacks a sufficient amount of Vitamin D now.

But he didn't want to put me on any supplements yet, since I'm apparently still young enough to make better health choices.

Mole

Permabanned
Really? :shocking: Because just 3-4 months ago, my family doctor warned me that my body lacks a sufficient amount of Vitamin D now.

But he didn't want to put me on any supplements yet, since I'm apparently still young enough to make better health choices.

If you are vitamin D deficient, you can buy vitamin D capsules quite cheaply. And there is no danger of overdosing.

However we do get most of our vitamin D from sunshine on our bare skin, so take your bare skin out into the sunshine for a short time everyday. If this is not possible, vitamin D capsules are a good alternative.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you are vitamin D deficient, you can buy vitamin D capsules quite cheaply. And there is no danger of overdosing.

However we do get most of our vitamin D from sunshine on our bare skin, so take your bare skin out into the sunshine for a short time everyday. If this is not possible, vitamin D capsules are a good alternative.

Okay, I'll be sure to keep this in mind then. Thanks!

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
no, not really.

i find this "summer, yaaaaaay!" thing a bit infantile. and to be fair, the seasons aren't anything i can control, so meh..

i guess i'm not a weather person, and in honesty i think it's because in Western culture school is of in the summer, so this is where the attitude stems from.

G

garbage

i find this "summer, yaaaaaay!" thing a bit infantile. and to be fair, the seasons aren't anything i can control, so meh..

i guess i'm not a weather person, and in honesty i think it's because in Western culture school is of in the summer, so this is where the attitude stems from.
The problem can also be very physiological, which culture (e.g. school being off) barely affects.