• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

teach me how to lie

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I can't seem to do this correctly. What are the tricks in lying?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Channel into your Te. Don't think of it as lying, just reorganizing facts for more effectiveness.

G

garbage

Oh, man. This one got me thinking.

Stepping outside of your current reality and your own self, looking at a situation from the 50,000 foot level, allows you to shift perspective. One such perspective can be your very own fantasy realm, perhaps a parallel universe to the one that you're in.. but with just a few details tweaked.

Imagine what it'd be like if your lies were true. What would be the implications? How would you modify the situation or yourself to make those tweaked details fit?

If you immerse yourself in that fantasy world, and you talk about that fantasy world, then bam--you've got a set of successful lies.

What makes you bad at lying? Does your conscience stop you, does your demeanor get in the way, do you get caught in traps ... ?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Oh, man. This one got me thinking.

Stepping outside of your current reality and your own self, looking at a situation from the 50,000 foot level, allows you to shift perspective. One such perspective can be your very own fantasy realm, perhaps a parallel universe to the one that you're in.. but with just a few details tweaked.

Imagine what it'd be like if your lies were true. What would be the implications? How would you modify the situation or yourself to make those tweaked details fit?

If you immerse yourself in that fantasy world, and you talk about that fantasy world, then bam--you've got a set of successful lies.

What makes you bad at lying? Does your conscience stop you, does your demeanor get in the way, do you get caught in traps ... ?

I don't think it's my conscience, but more my demeanor, and the content of the lie so i've been told is so far fetched that their's no way to believe it. and if i do lie all you have to do is ask if i'm lying. and my knee jerk reaction is "yes"

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm bad at lying.

If it is a conscious decision to not lie, than that is the problem.

If you are lying, but people can tell that you are lying... like facial expressions and the like, than you may need to fix those expression.

Probably the types of people who are hard to decipher, whether they are telling a lie or not, is if
1: The person's expression is similar in all/most cases. One cannot tell if the person is telling the truth or telling a joke.
2: A person that changes expressions readily for circumstances. Act sad in sad situations, be happy in happy moments, be angry when accused, yada yada.

But you can pretty much call the Second Person an actor because actors play different roles in films, and sometimes, those roles end up sticking to them in real life.

Example: If you are given a present that you don't exactly like or care for, smile, say thank, and act like the present is great.
Bad example of not what to be like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-akKo0oat7k

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The best lies are those with sensible conclusions, a truth based net, and an escape route upon discovery.

Little_Sticks

I'd say it's easier to lie when you believe you're telling the truth. So stretch the truth and twist what you know into something you want it to be rather than what it is and you'll be a super pro liar because you won't even know you're lying.

super pro pro

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Teach me to tell the truth better. Ha.

Mole

Permabanned
don't have a filter

May I be perfectly frank with you prplchknz?

Part of your charm is that you don't have a filter. However sometimes this gets you into trouble. So leave the filter off but watch the effect you have on others. With the filter off you have considerable power to affect others. This is a power you can start to enjoy.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pretend your hardest that it's true. Really get in that mindset. Spend a little time before telling it if you can crafting the whole world in your head like it is true. And keep it as true as possible - the more deviation from truth, the harder it will be. It's so much easier to just bend things as they already are just a tiny bit than to craft a whole new situation.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so another question: when I don't like someone without me trying nor thinking about it. I glare at them, I don't realize I'm doing it. I have a friend who I hated at first, and one time we were talking, and I was like I didn't like you when I first met you. and she was all like I know you would glare at me. And so I can see how this could be good because people know where they stand with me. But in certain situations it could get me in a lot trouble. So how do i turn it off?

Mole

Permabanned
so another question: when I don't like someone without me trying nor thinking about it. I glare at them, I don't realize I'm doing it. I have a friend who I hated at first, and one time we were talking, and I was like I didn't like you when I first met you. and she was all like I know you would glare at me. And so I can see how this could be good because people know where they stand with me. But in certain situations it could get me in a lot trouble. So how do i turn it off?

Start to think about the effect you are having on the other person. Put yourself in their shoes. And then you can start to choose which effect you want.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Start to think about the effect you are having on the other person. Put yourself in their shoes. And then you can start to choose which effect you want.

that's not gonna work cuz i'd hate myself if i was acting the way they do and in turn start glaring at myself and going "you idiot!"

Mole

Permabanned
that's not gonna work cuz i'd hate myself if i was acting the way they do and in turn start glaring at myself and going "you idiot!"

They don't see themselves the same way you do.

So there are two ways of looking at them: there is your way and the way they look at themselves.

You can start to look at them in the two ways: you can look at them your way and you can look at them their way.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Channel into your Te. Don't think of it as lying, just reorganizing facts for more effectiveness.

So is Te the driver of this? I am like George Washington. I'm the worst liar ever. My Te dom friend however- has it down to a science.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So is Te the driver of this? I am like George Washington. I'm the worst liar ever. My Te dom friend however- has it down to a science.

Oh, I don't lie well, I'm also ENFP. But I can see myself believing certain things very strongly in order to make other things happen.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I don't lie well, I'm also ENFP. But I can see myself believing certain things very strongly in order to make other things happen.

I think because ENFP's

A) Wear their hearts on their sleeves.
B) Very much dislike hurting other people.
C) Very much dislike being inauthentic in front of other people.
D) Very much dislike being inauthentic with ourselves.

I don't think it makes us more moral or something per se. I think it is our hard wiring that makes it difficult for us to lie. It just is written all over our damn faces. lol

Mole

Permabanned
Beautiful Lies

It is a milestone in the development of a small child when they tell their first lie.

Yes, we learn to lie at a very early age and it is essential for our social development.

We are inter-subjective species. And just as we can share our minds, we can hide what we are thinking by lying.

And hey, I always tell those close to me to lie to me to save my life or lie to me to save my feelings. And they do, and I am alive and I feel good, all thanks to lying.

The biggest lie we are told is to be like George Washington who cannot tell a lie. And we are told liars are bad, and even in English 'liar' is a pejorative word.

But not only do I want you to lie to save my life; I want you to lie to save my feelings; but I want you to tell me beautiful lies.