• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mind and body

W

WALMART

one and the same?

is your psyche directly reflective in the physiological happenings of your brain? does your intuitive perception relate the two as being discretely separate or inherently contingent?

discuss.

gromit

likes this
Not exactly the same, because the mind involves the stored information and memories which are sort of intangible. But it has physiological processes and is subject to the effects of chemicals and the environment just like the body.

However, in terms of practical living, what you are thinking and feeling (emotionally) impacts your body's performance, and your physical behaviors impact your state of mind. Simple things like if you are fake laughing then you start real laughing, because it's actually funny. Or exercising improving your mood. I'm not sure if this is what you're going for JTR, but that's what came to mind from your question.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not exactly the same, because the mind involves the stored information and memories which are sort of intangible. But it has physiological processes and is subject to the effects of chemicals and the environment just like the body.

However, in terms of practical living, what you are thinking and feeling (emotionally) impacts your body's performance, and your physical behaviors impact your state of mind. Simple things like if you are fake laughing then you start real laughing, because it's actually funny. Or exercising improving your mood. I'm not sure if this is what you're going for JTR, but that's what came to mind from your question.

^^^^^^^^

either mountains or arrows of that's practically what i was gonna say, but because it's been said i don't have to and can be lazy.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

^^^^^^^^

either mountains or arrows of that's practically what i was gonna say, but because it's been said i don't have to and can be lazy.