• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI has an inherent bias....

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Not really. Whether you determine if something is a flaw or not is subjective - I actually found more under ESFP subordinates that I would consider flaws than I did under INTP subordinates from the links you provided.

The funny thing is I don't think a lot of psychologists are really that into MBTI, and a lot of the authors who write type descriptions found on the internet - besides the major big names in personality - are just laypeople interested in the subject.

It really just depends on the author as to what type gets panned. Keirsey gives the short end of the stick to S types in general.

But "psychology" is just a field of study... it is just a term referring to a particular set of information - in this case information pertaining to the mind - and the group of people who engage that type of information. By definition, there is nothing inherently benevolent or malevolent about it. By definition, too, there is nothing inherently fraudulent about it.

Whereas the people who study and practice it may be any of those things.

Yeah, this. You can't disprove the act of studying something. Also even if you thought that MBTI itself was a fraud, that doesn't give you enough reason to suggest that EVERYTHING in psychology (which is what I'm assuming you're trying to say since you said earlier that psychology is a fraud) is false. Especially since most psychologists really don't even hold MBTI in that high of a regard. I mean, there are plenty of other components in psychology that are backed up by research too. Stuff coming to mind is Erikson's Stages of Psychosocial Development, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, and...you know...basically any psychological disorder.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Explain your subjective insight then.

I think based on past actions, psychology is a fraud.

Concur_Withall

MBTI Type
NFJ
I agree, psychology is a total freud.

MBTI doesn't -have- bias, MBTI -is- bias.

I currently have a bias towards Se too, after spending too much time around psychologists. Just be in the moment for this is the only moment there is! All truth is relative, so find your own!

I think psychology patients tend to be ESTPs and ESFPs anyway, mostly in therapy for drug abuse and other extreme pleasure seeking. There are some ISTJs and ISFJs too who are just way too bogged down by past occurrences and have trouble moving on.

Your father was domineering
Your mother was too nurturing
Then you smoked some drugs
And now you're crazy.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Explain your subjective insight then.

I think based on past actions, psychology is a fraud.

I feel like that would hold true for all branches of science, though. Consider all of the awful practices medicine has included in the past... use of mercury... use of radium pellets... lobotomies... bloodletting... plague doctors masks... Medical practitioners probably do some harmful things now that we just don't realize are harmful because our technology and knowledge aren't advanced enough to show us otherwise. I feel like psychology is basically the same. Science might be on the cutting edge of its time, but unfortunately it's still bound by human error.