User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Lucid dreaming

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    You might as well apply that theory to all checks.

- Look at your hands since they appear funny in the dream world.
    - Mirrors are distorted
    - Lightswitches don't work.
    Ones that I have both heard of and seen for myself:

- Can breath underwater
    - Cannot run, especially if being chased
    - Digital clocks are jumbled

MBTI
    ENTJ

It seems to start where at some point in my dream I realize that something is off in a logical sense.
    I'd say about 50% of the dreams I remember upon waking are lucid, and I've never tried or not tried to have them. The trigger is generally what's described above - something is off, and dream-me thinks hey, that can't happen, and then I realize I'm dreaming.

Not all lucid dreams, for me, involve 100% control. Sometimes I can control what I do, or what others do, but not who they are. Like I can't switch one person for another. Sometimes I can. My favourite thing to do is flying, and sometimes I can really soar, other times just hover a few feet off the ground. Strangely, there seems to be some kind of 'effort' involved in flying. I have to *try* to do it.

For me, a trigger that often happens is looking at a screen - a computer or a TV etc., and then, when trying to look away or cover my eyes (I often cover my eyes specifically to check if it's a dream or not) I can still see what's on the screen. As mentioned above, breathing underwater is also a good hint!

Light levels = also true. Reading text is another.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTP

Slept from 8:30-4:00 last night, and had much, much more vivid dreams this time. I think I had 3 separate ones, and I can definitely remember the last two very well. They were both pretty good dreams. One took place in a grocery store, the other in a book store, and the common thread was that I seemed to be at the top of my game in both of them--spontaneous and creative. When I woke up I recorded what I remembered into a tape recorder.

MBTI
    ISTx

I've never been able to control a dream. I'm just along for the ride.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I've never been able to control a dream. I'm just along for the ride.
    Have you tried to control one using lucid dream techniques?

MBTI
    ISTx

^Negative.

MBTI
    XXFP

I have had one true lucid dream.

I had studied the subject with some interest but actually had not intended to have one . . . months had passed since I had even thought about the subject.

I woke up in the middle of the night and went back to sleep and it was obvious I was dreaming.

The tricks I heard were to:
    -try to stick your index finger through your palm and
    -look in a mirror

I stuck my finger through my palm and had a "WTF, I'm dreaming" moment. The location and scenery kept changing. I had only a little control over what was going on. I was able to conjure up a few locations at will such as my bathroom, in order to look in the mirror. When I looked in the mirror I expected something weird, but nothing was that strange, at first. Just my ugly mug staring back. My eyes sorta bulged out, then the mirror twisted or something, I can't really explain it.

I thought I had lucid dreams prior to this experience, but it was obvious at this point that this was the real deal.

I found it strange that there were no other people in my dream. Just me. Well, sorta. I saw the back of this girls head walking out the bathroom when I was looking in the mirror (brunette...shoulder length hair, maybe white girl*) but she was only there for an instant. She didn't remind me of anyone.

More happened, but I don't know how interesting it would be to write down.

At any rate, the inside of my mind is a strange, strange place.

Also, I found it cool that I could "taste" peanut butter or feel heat. Or that I was aware and thinking about that my body was actually laying down sideways in my bed while all this was happening.

*If you've seen a maybe white brunette, call the police. I never invited her into my bathroom.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

This thread is also lacking a definition of lucid dream, so for clarification, a lucid dream is:

Having a dream that, while in the midst of having the dream, you become aware of the fact you are dreaming. It is not just remembering a dream. Typically associated with the ability to conjure up certain things at will, fly, etc.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yes mirrors! I always look distorted and have a weird haircolour. Often, I am topless and have messed up boobs, too.

Once, I had a lucid dream about having Giselle Bundchen's boobs. I was at some weird campsite/family reunion type thing (someone else's family) and I decided to go topless since I had such a great rack. It was weird. But fun.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I have never had a lucid dream. I have only had one brief occurrence where I was able to think a little on my own for a short period. But it passed.