• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are psychologists worth it?

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
May I inquire further in what context your former psychologist said "you deserve to beaten up and harassed"? How does the PC agenda fit into this?

Er.. it was meant to disparage, but then it shows the nature of "those people".

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
How strange. Here we have a site devoted to psychology yet we are questioning the worth of psychologists.

Psychologists are trained to empathize. No one here empathizes, the best we get is sympathy.

Frankly, I think it is those who won't do therapy who criticize psychologists.

OK.

So I'd bet dollars to donuts that you know many university aged people who do as I said. do you label them as "ill" by the criteria I gave in my OP? If not, why not?

So essentially then, you condone selection of illness based on arbitrary criteria. and would balk like mad if it happened to you haha...

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
He meant it to disparage "those people" as in you?

I am not sure I followed.

No, he said it to disparage me. but i don't care in the end, since it shows the kind of people they are.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
He meant it to disparage "those people" as in you?

I am not sure I followed.

yes, those people as in the psychologists and psychiatrists.

People call it bad, but I don't like them as they don't add much value to the world around them.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
My honest belief here, based on your post above here and all others is this:

- You're all psychologists and are "offended" at my comments
- You metaphysically believe that you hold some "right" to party at college, yet you cannot prove this
- You think psychologists hold a right to mistreat people, again by pushing your subjective values onto others who don't need to care about them....
- You think your profession is inviolable, and that people hold no right at all to question it.
- You actively believe that ethical practice in psychology is bull, and frankly in all other spheres. fine, then when you get arrested for speeding, the police can beat with you with sticks, molest you and let you on your way?

You can deny these all points if you want, but it wouldn't matter. I don't take kindly to liars.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My honest belief here, based on your post above here and all others is this:

- You metaphysically believe that you hold some "right" to party at college, yet you cannot prove this
- You think psychologists hold a right to mistreat people, again by pushing your subjective values onto others who don't need to care about them....
- You think your profession is inviolable, and that people hold no right at all to question it.
- You actively believe that ethical practice in psychology is bull, and frankly in all other spheres. fine, then when you get arrested for speeding, the police can beat with you with sticks, molest you and let you on your way?

You can deny these all points if you want, but it wouldn't matter. I don't take kindly to liars.

bAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
lol..

OK, suffice to say I do detest psychology and psychologists.

Why?

Well:

- They add little value to the world around them. I am not like that, since today I have done thus far:

- Got up from bed and dressed for work
- Made my usual 45 minute commute
- Bought some late breakfast at my usual restaurant
- Arrived at work early as per usual
- Commenced standard tasks, including new tasks I had seen needed to be done without prompting
- Sent messages to my friend on Facebook and Gmail

So, yes, western society obviously condemns all of these traits, right? They make me worse than Stalin... Psychologists and their ilk cannot say the same...

- They plot to single out people "they don't like". To them, there are no standards in treatment, other than those whom they approve of. Sorry, but in my work, I treat all customers fairly.
- They hold malevolent intentions (see my first point for further clarification).
- they say and do things that are not per social norms, and seek to confuse their patients. Case in point casual sex as aforecited. Unless somebody tell me a law, commandant from God, or a natural law like the law of gravity, saying I can't do it, apart from some stupid social norm, then OK I'll accept. Or at least somewhere in psychological canon saying as such? You know, like how it's in ear, nose and throat medical canon that inhaling black pepper can make you sneeze?

I've probably rehashed a lot of prior points, but I don't really care.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
interaction?

yes, expecting all to give a crap about your metaphysical beliefs of life?

I do as I please in life, not because "fate" determines such...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Hot damn, joining TypeC makes you a psychologist? :happy2: Guess I don't need to go looking for a job then.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this guy is trolling really hard now. Either that or he's like 10, but I'm leaning towards trolling. Time to kick back, stop replying, and enjoy the sheer paranoia and blind assertions in his posts.

bAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also this.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
lol..

OK, so MILLIONS of college-aged people party, yet I cannot? got it..

I admit, I probably do sound weird, but so what? I truly do detest psychology.

If mental health professionals tell me that:

- I'm evil and deserve to die
- I am the inferior person in my family
- I have no right to get into a relationship since only "nice" people do as such

then yes, I have the right to despise them.

Last I knew, I never killed, raped, maimed or tortured anybody, so yes I am "evil". :bye:

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Most do because they have rules to abide by, many of which are dictated by their credentials.

OK, so as an "anything goes" person, you support rules? lol..

Psychiatry is evil. and?

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Hot damn, joining TypeC makes you a psychologist? :happy2: Guess I don't need to go looking for a job then.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this guy is trolling really hard now. Either that or he's like 10, but I'm leaning towards trolling. Time to kick back, stop replying, and enjoy the sheer paranoia and blind assertions in his posts.

Also this.

Look dude:

- It's clear you're threatened by this thread
- It's clear that psychology is an evil practice (morals don't exist, but there you go)
- It's evident (nay, self-evident) that you support psychology as a practice, when it is patently false and based on BS concepts... I live my own life, I don't need "psychology" to tell me how to live.

G

Ginkgo

OK, so as an "anything goes" person, you support rules? lol..

Psychiatry is evil. and?

Evil doesn't exist. Why is that taxing to understand?

You are, by definition, projecting.

I was really hoping I'd not have to chime along with the rest of those who make their way into pop-psych culture, but there it is.

You are projecting. You fail to understand the nuances of my statements; just because I believe morality is subjective doesn't mean I think it doesn't exist. It holds as much weight and influence as the mind itself does. Minds exist in their own right. Perhaps if you took a more vested interest in psychology, you would recognize this.

I wanted to help you and get to know you when you started this thread, since you presumably wanted input. Unfortunately, I was wrong. You're prejudices are patented and bulletproof.

I'm honestly wondering if you're a troll or even a sock poppet. Though it's theoretically believable that you would take your frustrations with psychology out on a typology site, the trajectory of your behavior is... off.

While you occasionally throw very interesting - albeit polarizing - thoughts into this discussion, I regret to say that I'm putting you on my ignore list.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
er.. I contradicted myself. And?

I'm human. Humans don't hold perfect reasoning. lol..

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Depends on who you go to. From what you've written, it doesn't sound like the ones you've had experiences with have been either ethical or helpful.

Are these people that have said these things accredited professionals? It's sounding more like you've been interacting with religious advisors than scientific-practitioner psychological therapists.

Er.. no.

Mental health professionals arbitrarily select who is ill or not, or how symptoms apply.

Presumably you do it in your professional practice, but meh, if you don't get social reality so be it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are - provided you find one who is able to make you feel comfortable and open you up so you can actually do the work that is needed.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I disagree, since they reinforce metaphysical beliefs and false notions.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
You are, by definition, projecting.

I was really hoping I'd not have to chime along with the rest of those who make their way into pop-psych culture, but there it is.

You are projecting. You fail to understand the nuances of my statements; just because I believe morality is subjective doesn't mean I think it doesn't exist. It holds as much weight and influence as the mind itself does. Minds exist in their own right. Perhaps if you took a more vested interest in psychology, you would recognize this.

I wanted to help you and get to know you when you started this thread, since you presumably wanted input. Unfortunately, I was wrong. You're prejudices are patented and bulletproof.

I'm honestly wondering if you're a troll or even a sock poppet. Though it's theoretically believable that you would take your frustrations with psychology out on a typology site, the trajectory of your behavior is... off.

While you occasionally throw very interesting - albeit polarizing - thoughts into this discussion, I regret to say that I'm putting you on my ignore list.

I disagree.

I'm essentially saying that your beliefs stem only from your subjective mind, and are not absolute reality.