• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Avatars As Communicators of Emotion

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Well it's better than Rupert. Rupert is just about twee enough to make me eat my own face.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I pick mine based on either if i feel it represents some aspect of me. Or like mine now cuz I found it funny.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Spooning bananas for the win!

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I find it interesting that many people choose avatars with a different gender than themselves. Often this is paired with a user name that could be either male or female.

I generally assume someone is the same gender as their avatar, if their avatar has an obvious gender, but I am often wrong.

Ilah

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My av, looks like the dude is hanging from a tentacle by the divine mercy of the alien overlord.

Actually I've always thought of having a gorgeous female av but I changed my mind when I created a too feminine dark elf character on world of warcraft that got hit on by every second dork. I decided best to stay true to the male persona.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
^ lol. nice.
I must have been in a dangerously sexxay frame of mind when I picked this one.

not really but let's play along.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Naked psychedelic ladies with guns for the win!

Or something....

Frankly, I just like looking at a man. I'm a girl but I don't like broadcasting it all the time.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Naked psychedelic ladies with guns for the win!

Or something....

Frankly, I just like looking at a man. I'm a girl but I don't like broadcasting it all the time.

I think she is wearing panties. There is an ever-so-slight panty-line indentation on her butt, which, incidentally, must mean she does not have a butt so tight you can bounce quarters off it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, quarters really are the measure of a psychedelic profile woman's firmness quotient. I think you may be settling for second best.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I am Polybius. I may have existed, I may not have existed. I give people amnesia, night terrors, and insomnia. Sometimes, I get people to kill themselves. The love to play me, they have to play me. You have to play me. Press start...

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
they're useful for easily identifying posts from a certain user, past that i ignore them

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My avatar says:

--"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
--Enjoy life, because it can be fun.
--Live like a child.
--My husband is Pooh, and I am Piglet. Sometimes, it is the other way around.
--I can support you if you need it.
--Let's have some FUN!!!!
--Innocence still exists.
--I'm still childlike.
--I'm cute, and you could be cute to, if you just let yourself be flung around in the air for no reason.
--Be a bit spontaneous, damn it!!!
--Take the pole out of your ass!!!
--"Winnie-the-Pooh, Winnie-the-Pooh, Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff...He's..." okay, that's enough now.
--Life can be romantic and cute.
--And lots more!!!!! :party2:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I watch 24 and admire the kind of person Jack Bauer is.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think the fact that mine changes quite often says more about me than any one of the avatars I've used.

It's like buying a new car. I could never buy a brand new one, because the agony of choice as to which colour to have? Ugh! I'd never be able to pick one because I'd know that regardless of what I picked, I'd hate it in a month's time and really be mad at myself for choosing it. But if I get a second-hand one, colour is irrelevant - I'm only concerned about the performance and condition of the thing, the colour is a mere accident. And I can easily just accept whatever colour I end up with by accident.

If there was a rule that I had to have one, and I couldn't change it, then I reckon the one I'm likely to feel out of touch with the least often would be the ol' Q one :)

Actually no, it'd be Masaaki Sakai (aka Monkey), if not for the fact that JJJ got to him before me and now everyone totally thought I was him when I used a totally different Monkey avatar for a while. Even though Monkey is like the poster-character for ENTP's and I've been his like, number one fan since I was about six! :mad:

MBTI Type
INxJ
My avatar says:

--"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
--Enjoy life, because it can be fun.
--Live like a child.
--My husband is Pooh, and I am Piglet. Sometimes, it is the other way around.
--I can support you if you need it.
--Let's have some FUN!!!!
--Innocence still exists.
--I'm still childlike.
--I'm cute, and you could be cute to, if you just let yourself be flung around in the air for no reason.
--Be a bit spontaneous, damn it!!!
--Take the pole out of your ass!!!
--"Winnie-the-Pooh, Winnie-the-Pooh, Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff...He's..." okay, that's enough now.
--Life can be romantic and cute.
--And lots more!!!!! :party2:

WOW, that is quite a bit.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't have an avatar so as to draw attention to myself - as I am the only one.

Or is it that the Bible warns against graven images - so I limit myself to text.

But really - and here I instinctively put my hand to my chest to protect my heart - I want someone to give me or make me an avatar. i don't care who or what it is - as long as you give it to me.

This is not so silly as you gave me, quite freely, my personality type, INTJ, and two posters called Victor - so why not an avatar?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I decided to change my avatar.
Ronald McDonald shows my love for corporations and greasy fast food. :D
But I'm not fat, I promise.. Ronald McDonald isn't fat either.

LowEnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Good for scaring off fluffy people. A practical use.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Samurai are cool. The picture is cool.

That + that = my avatar