• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

USA personality map - Time magazine

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think both agreeableness and neuroticism correalate to T. One of the things it mentions as neuroticism is anger and anxiety. Don't Thinkers seem a tad angrier than Feelers? At the very least, it seems that way with IxtX.

gromit

likes this
I saw it on FB and apparently I correspond to Delaware, whatever that means!

Either Oregon or Vermont, depending on conscientiousness and neuroticism scores.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I think both agreeableness and neuroticism correalate to T. One of the things it mentions as neuroticism is anger and anxiety. Don't Thinkers seem a tad angrier than Feelers? At the very least, it seems that way with IxtX.

I don't think so. Neuroticism tells about the emotional stability of the individual (confident or stressed). You can find some of these traits in MBTI theory as well, but I think you can't really add it to a specific letter, because every type can be confident or stressed. If I had to use it here, I would most likely add it to F/T, but the other way around.
Definition from Wikipedia:
Neuroticism: (sensitive/nervous vs. secure/confident). The tendency to experience unpleasant emotions easily, such as anger, anxiety, depression, or vulnerability. Neuroticism also refers to the degree of emotional stability and impulse control and is sometimes referred to by its low pole, "emotional stability".

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I apparently belong in New York because I am temperamental and uninhibited, but if I was surrounded by that much urban blight I would probably become an axe murderer.

I <3 L.A.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maine seems way more INTP than NYC. I knew I liked Maine.

Taxachusetts is also INTP.

Maybe I need to move to New England.

The Pacific Northwest is more agreeable and less neurotic than New England, but more introverted. So, Oregon and Washington are actually NFP. Like Kurt Cobain! I'll visit, but it might be too much like college.

What do you think New York really is? I don't think openness is N, first of all, I think it's Ne or Se...or not Si....I think a mildly introverted unconcientious asshole could potentially be an ISxP. People underestimate how touchy Fi is.

Stupid big five. I want to punch it in the face.

I usually get SLUAI or SLUEI. SLUEI would probably still fit New York.

S

Stansmith

NYC seems Se>Ne. Probably Gamma. Ne is a bit too light and fluffy for the city.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

If thinkers are angrier than feelers, apparently im an IxTJ and my ESFJ ex is really my ExTJ ex.

It would suggest that the angriest people are T dom, especially Te, and the second angriest are T aux, probably Te aux.

What are you even talking about.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
NYC seems Se>Ne. Probably Gamma. Ne is a bit too light and fluffy.

I agree. The upper class is all about art and culture and the lower class will cut you. Ne my ass.

I still prefer L.A. ...I enjoy non violent homeless people, trees, and the lack of hostile accents.

As a Southerner, I have always found New York accents ugly and even threatening.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got South Carolina. I always knew I was meant to live down there :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have made a list which features the BIG 5 data translated into MBTI (Note: Bold letters mean higher preference, e.g. ESFp means E+S have the strongest preference, lower-case-letters mean a little preference)

Alabama: ESFJ
Arizona: entJ
Arkansas: iSfP
California: eNtP
Colorado: iNtJ
Connecticut: EnTP
Delaware: iSTP
Florida: ENfJ
Georgia: ENFJ
Idaho: ISfP
Illinois: ENtj
Indiana: iSfJ
Iowa: ESFj
Kansas: iSTj
Kentucky: eStj
Louisiana: entj
Maine: InTP
Maryland: INTP
Massachusetts: INTP
Michigan: ESfj
Minnesota: eSFj
Mississippi: EsFJ
Missouri: EsFJ
Montana: INfJ
Nebraska: ESFJ
Nevada: iNTj
New Hampshire: IsfP
New Jersey: ENTP
New Mexico: INtJ
New York: iNTP
North Carolina: esFJ
North Dakota: eSfj
Ohio: estp
Oklahoma: ISfj
Oregon: INFP
Pennsylvania: esTj
Rhode Island: INTp
South Carolina: ENFJ
South Dakota: ESFJ
Tennessee: enFJ
Texas: Enfj
Utah: EsFj
Vermont: InFP
Virginia: iNFp
Washington: INFp
West Virginia: ISfP
Wisconsin: ESFp
Wyoming: iSTP

No ENFP *sniff*

I think it's interesting that WV is ISFP. The Appalachian region and Ozarks are probably very Fi versus Fe like the rest of the South. I agree NC is more ESFJ. People in West Virginia are a lot more authentic and easy going, but are genuinely kind and helpful in a way that is almost naive. However there is a streak of territorial privacy and myob that pervades the mountain people. My grandfather personified that. He was practically the Hatfield to some one's McCoy with his suspicious shy privacy and rude occasional outbursts. I just thought he was very IxTJ, and specifically ISTJ...BUT all of us are like that to an extent. Without being racist I think sometimes it's important to take into account culture.

Um I have serious fucking doubts about Louisiana being ENTJ, son.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alabama: ESFJ
Florida: ENfJ
Georgia: ENFJ
Mississippi: EsFJ
North Carolina: esFJ
South Carolina: ENFJ
Tennessee: enFJ
[singing] What do these things all have in common? [/singing] :D

[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION], I could see the ENTJ maybe applying to Louisiana if considered on four scales of I vs. E; S vs. N; T vs. F; P vs. J (not sure J would win). But by function, yeah, it doesn't hold so well. People in Louisiana, compared to when I've lived in the rest of the Southeast, are rougher in their language and more blunt. Also, there's a more creative atmosphere, though I'm not totally sure I would say it fosters an attitude of N...but maybe.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If thinkers are angrier than feelers, apparently im an IxTJ and my ESFJ ex is really my ExTJ ex.

It would suggest that the angriest people are T dom, especially Te, and the second angriest are T aux, probably Te aux.

What are you even talking about.

It's more of an average thing, I suspect. I think you might find individual feelrs who are more angry than thinkers. It's a generalization that will not be try of every individual. And it's bullshit speculation anyway. I don't have any facts. I'm just putting together an explanation in lieu of them.

Intersting that California is ENTP. I also liked that state, although apparently I'm not supposed to.

The attitude of NYC seems very Se. That's not really present in any other big city I've been to in this country. At times I feel in NYC that if you actually stopped and stared at something, they might arrest you for being a potential terrorist. Also, the rest of the state has none of this (from my POV) insane energy. It's hard to tell from college life, but I do feel confident saying that the rest of NY is more laid-back and reminiscent of the town in "It's a Wonderful Life." There are a lot of little towns and smaller cities that seem to be based on economic activity other than agriculture (although I'm sure that is present in places).

Philadelphia is not that far away, but the ambience is different.

Also, where is the enclave for ISTJs?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[singing] What do these things all have in common? [/singing] :D

[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION], I could see the ENTJ maybe applying to Louisiana if considered on four scales of I vs. E; S vs. N; T vs. F; P vs. J (not sure J would win). But by function, yeah, it doesn't hold so well. People in Louisiana, compared to when I've lived in the rest of the Southeast, are rougher in their language and more blunt. Also, there's a more creative atmosphere, though I'm not totally sure I would say it fosters an attitude of N...but maybe.

The South, outside of the Appalachian mountains, is VERY FJ. Elementary my dear...

But as for Louisiana, I have had downtown lower ward New Orleans friends before, and I know the yat dialect...and I have to say, I am more inclined to call the imported hardness in N'awlins ESTP rather than ENTJ...it has a really spontaneous earthy vibe that I could never call ENTJ. What's more is that New Orleans is a poorly planned city halfway under water with a mish mash of sensual cultures from places like France and the Carribean....and superstitious ghosty vibes everywhere. ENTJ my ass. This is the state that gave us Britney Spears.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's more of an average thing, I suspect. I think you might find individual feelrs who are more angry than thinkers. It's a generalization that will not be try of every individual. And it's bullshit speculation anyway. I don't have any facts. I'm just putting together an explanation in lieu of them.

Intersting that California is ENTP. I also liked that state, although apparently I'm not supposed to.

The attitude of NYC seems very Se. That's not really present in any other big city I've been to in this country. At times I feel in NYC that if you actually stopped and stared at something, they might arrest you for being a potential terrorist. Also, the rest of the state has none of this (from my POV) insane energy. It's hard to tell from college life, but I do feel confident saying that the rest of NY is more laid-back and reminiscent of the town in "It's a Wonderful Life." There are a lot of little towns and smaller cities that seem to be based on economic activity other than agriculture (although I'm sure that is present in places).

Philadelphia is not that far away, but the ambience is different.

Also, where is the enclave for ISTJs?

I would guess that T persons are more cool or detached, not necessarily angry. T or F people can be angry. It's as though you are suggesting that a Thinking preference is the result of hurt feelings or something, and I would have to disagree.

So maybe you are just a wounded F. ;)

Everything else you said here makes sense.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would guess that T persons are more cool or detached, not necessarily angry. T or F people can be angry. It's as though you are suggesting that a Thinking preference is the result of hurt feelings or something, and I would have to disagree.

I would disagree with that as well, and I was always like this. Logical and kind of irritable. I remember being like that at 4, really.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would disagree with that as well, and I was always like this. Logical and kind of irritable. I remember being like that at 4, really.

I believe you. I know an ISTJ who told me that he thought even as a child that the idea that God could be a man in the sky was utterly absurd.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
New Mexico, INTJ.