• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional Blindspots

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Attraction. I CANNOT, for the life of me, tell when a guy is just being friendly, or if he actually is attracted to me.

*sigh*

Seriously, it's probably just easier to knock me over the head, I don't get the subtle flirtatious hints :doh:

hiddengem

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I try to have a positive outlook on life and so I don't always pick up when others are distressed or unhappy.

I'm not sure if this is an emotion or not, but I have a hard time recognizing deceit. It has happened several times where people say one thing to my face and then I find out later that they were doing something completely different behind my back.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
i'm not sure what my blind spots are... mostly figuring out if a situation is romantic or platonic. i think i just mix up the signals or lack there of. other emotions seem to rub off on me though, like if someone is pissed, i can tell and i start to feel a little pissed, same with sadness, joy, etc.

freebird

MBTI Type
INTP
I tend to miss out when someone is mad at me but I can be hypersensitive to it at times as well. I can miss it if someone is attracted to me too.

Funny thing about my own emotions. I can't remember negative ones very well at all. I experience them, but when thinking back on the situation, I don't usually remember what it felt like (especially emotions associated with physical pain.)

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sexual desire. Also when people are joking/serious sometimes. (When playing around goes too far around fools.) I'm also oblivious to attraction. Or maybe I've brainwashed myself into believing that people could like me.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm not as empathetic as I'd like to be. I'm sympathetic... I understand why someone is experiencing emotion and I can relate to it a bit, but I never really feel for people in pain in a way I would like to to help them out.