• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music and Internal Worlds

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol, I didn't mean to make it sound like that wasn't okay, just that it seems that's all some people do.

Nothing harmed. :D

My best guess is that speaking about these inner worlds is "emo" or something of that sort. So even if one were to understand where you are coming from, one might not want to talk about them or deny them. You sort of have to "be there" to really understand what it means? Not to sound hipster-ish or anything.

Socially, it is just awkward unless the people you talk to also want to delve deeper into music. It is sort of like talking about the Mona Lisa/The Last Judgement/Oath of the Horatii/Pilgrimage to Cythera with an art person; interesting if the other person is really interested in everything about it, painful if another person just want to look at the art piece. You can talk about the colors, the textures, and about how the Mona Lisa was drawn multiple times and that the actual picture is really tiny. It would be all for naught if the other person doesn't care.

An architect could marvel at how the Golden Gate Bridge/Petronas Towers/Taipei 101/Burj Khalifa was built, while another would just want to see.

Unless another wants to get deeper into these meanings, it is a hassle communicating about it.

I don't like listening to music around most people precisely because I don't like letting them into my inner world(s). Only a few may pass. Music makes me vulnerable; that's not something I'm willing to share freely.

Also, it's just painful to have to dissect why you're crying over a song to someone else.

Mole

Permabanned
You sound like Victor.
...Mole & Badger, Ratty and Toad...lol, nice name change.

Yes, poor old Victor, he was attached to his former Prime Minister as his avatar, but when she was voted out, he was bereft and regressed to childhood, where he discovered his old friends, Ratty, Badger, Toad, Otter and his son, Little Portly, as well as the Weasels and the Stoats.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I have my headphones on after a long and stressful day, music IS my world. Also, when I'm listening to something that really moves me, I get goosebumps all over.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I have my headphones on after a long and stressful day, music IS my world. Also, when I'm listening to something that really moves me, I get goosebumps all over.

if this is true, then why are you saying that it stinks?