• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Long lived Journey

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am an INTJ that is like all INTJ's, looking for people to make sense. I want to know reasons why people want touchy feely bonding, and emotional sympathy and empathy. I ask that if you know some reasons why, would you please tell me. My favorite mbti type to converse with aside from other INTJ's is the INFJ.
My preference for contributions is that you not be an INTJ, due to the fact that I'm pretty sure you will offer me theories which I have already thought of and angles in which I have already tried.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well......
the basic drive of anything with a heart is to communicate

when someone loves, or hurts,
the native wants to know that he/she is not alone in the said sentiments

Perhaps this can be seen in better in a competitive light

when two alpha athletes are pitted against each other,
they validate themselves , to their-self (via others approval if insecure) by having an equal
someone who is as skilled and accomplished
such a person can better empathize with the person's struggles

hope that helped

MBTI Type
INxJ
It's hard to understand why that is a need for some people. It's best to just accept that they do.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I am an INTJ that is like all INTJ's, looking for people to make sense. I want to know reasons why people want touchy feely bonding, and emotional sympathy and empathy. I ask that if you know some reasons why, would you please tell me. My favorite mbti type to converse with aside from other INTJ's is the INFJ.
My preference for contributions is that you not be an INTJ, due to the fact that I'm pretty sure you will offer me theories which I have already thought of and angles in which I have already tried.

Well let me offer you a simple dichotomy. Let's say there is one group of people that likes to ponder all of the mysteries of the world, things like science, math, and philosophy. And in their pondering they discover quite a few answers to these mysteries. Let's also say that this group is as a whole better at setting goals and accomplishing tasks. This group sounds like it really has things together doesn't it? They have a lot of knowledge and can get things done. What I left out though is that if this group only follows the above pursuits then eventually they will end up feeling empty, and that something has gone seriously wrong in their lives.

Now let's say there is a second group, and this second group knows the most fundamental piece of wisdom in life: that family, friends and relationships are what matter most and produce the most satisfaction. They often will insist on things like emotional bonding and empathy from other people. They do this because these things facilitate trust and closeness in relationships, and remember this is a good idea, because this group is in touch with what is most important in life. ;)

In particular for INTJ's what I have noticed is they place a high value on their families. All of the older INTJ's I know get a lot of satisfaction from getting married and raising children. These INTJ's seem to value their families more than most other types (regardless of thinking or feeling). So these things like emotional bonding and empathy are definitely worth a try, because I think you'll find it really pays off once you have found the right people. :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well let me offer you a simple dichotomy. Let's say there is one group of people that likes to ponder all of the mysteries of the world, things like science, math, and philosophy. And in their pondering they discover quite a few answers to these mysteries. Let's also say that this group is as a whole better at setting goals and accomplishing tasks. This group sounds like it really has things together doesn't it? They have a lot of knowledge and can get things done. What I left out though is that if this group only follows the above pursuits then eventually they will end up feeling empty, and that something has gone seriously wrong in their lives.

Now let's say there is a second group, and this second group knows the most fundamental piece of wisdom in life: that family, friends and relationships are what matter most and produce the most satisfaction. They often will insist on things like emotional bonding and empathy from other people. They do this because these things facilitate trust and closeness in relationships, and remember this is a good idea, because this group is in touch with what is most important in life. ;)

In particular for INTJ's what I have noticed is they place a high value on their families. All of the older INTJ's I know get a lot of satisfaction from getting married and raising children. These INTJ's seem to value their families more than most other types (regardless of thinking or feeling). So these things like emotional bonding and empathy are definitely worth a try, because I think you'll find it really pays off once you have found the right people. :)

True.

Wait! :shock:

A world without :hug: and :cry: and :wubbie: and :steam:??? Oh shoot me now, just shoot me now!!!

Liason

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
True.

Wait! :shock:

A world without :hug: and :cry: and :wubbie: and :steam:??? Oh shoot me now, just shoot me now!!!
Y'know, a world without :hug: and :cry: and :wubbie: and :steam: doesn't sound so bad. ~sigh. Marraige is beyond me :huh:
for a 14 year old maybe my emotions are stunted.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh, lots of 14 year olds have emotional problems of some sort. That's by no means exclusive to INTJ's. The sucky thing about being 14 is that everything that happens to you seems extra important for some reason. Although I can see how being an INTJ can make you a natural pariah (especially if you're female) since INTJ's come across as creepy to a lot of people.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Although I can see how being an INTJ can make you a natural pariah (especially if you're female) since INTJ's come across as creepy to a lot of people.
It's amusing. This isn't the first time I've heard something similar about INTJs ("OMG INTJs r teh creepy stalkerz lolz" or whatever), though it's never managed to connect for me. Are we really that socially awkward?

Liason

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's amusing. This isn't the first time I've heard something similar about INTJs ("OMG INTJs r teh creepy stalkerz lolz" or whatever), though it's never managed to connect for me. Are we really that socially awkward?
actually INTJ's as a whole pretty much avoid any stalker like activities. We aren't that strange. People just don't make sense.~sigh
btw-elven lied is awesome

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
actually INTJ's as a whole pretty much avoid any stalker like activities. We aren't that strange. People just don't make sense.~sigh
That's what I thought as well, though apparently the INTJ stalker is a thing. Perhaps it's what happens when our obsessions turn to people? Though yeah, people do not make sense.

And Kaori Yuki is as well, though I'm having trouble pinpointing which one of her works your picture's from.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Heh, I've never known an INTJ stalker, but most have a general demeanor which intimidates people. I knew an INTJ in high school that used to grit his teeth when he talked. And he didn't just do it when he was angry. That was how he talked during normal conversation. :) While I found this to be funny personally, I think other people found it a bit creepy.

Even if you overlook some of the odd quirks that INTJ's tend to develop, INTJ's tend to give people the impression that they are looking down at them, and that itself is intimidating to a lot of people.

Liason

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's what I thought as well, though apparently the INTJ stalker is a thing. Perhaps it's what happens when our obsessions turn to people? Though yeah, people do not make sense.

And Kaori Yuki is as well, though I'm having trouble pinpointing which one of her works your picture's from.
I have lately been working on finding out the reaction people want out of me to solve petty problems faster etc, I just can't get over the need for me to figure out people. it is possibly the most complex problem I've brought down on myself.

angel sanctuary. At one point I knew who this character was but I've forgotten. they weren't a major one though and he wasn't ever showed on a cover.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ

Well I am not really a touchy feely person. I would value an intellectional connection more than an emotional connection. Some one who could understand me, some one I can talk to easily, some one I feel is my intellectual equal or at least doesn't glaze their eyes when I talk about philosophy or logic or something deep or complicated. I am lucky enough to married to some one who fits those descriptions.

Sympathy and empathy are not real strong points for me either.