• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Best Way To Read Minds

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://news.sciencemag.org/brain-behavior/2013/10/want-read-minds-read-good-books

"Fifty Shades of Grey may be a fun read, but it’s not going to help you probe the minds of others the way War and Peace might. That’s the conclusion of a new study, which finds that, compared with mainstream fiction, high-brow literary works do more to improve our ability to understand the thoughts, emotions, and motivations of those around us."

True story! F*** typology.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope. If I look at the people I know, it's exactly the ones who read lots of literature who are the absolute worst at mind reading. Sure, they have their own elaborate theories about what you're thinking and feeling, but their theories could never be any further away from the truth. The best mind readers I know are extroverted movie fanatics with highly questionable pasts.

Mole

Permabanned
They say, don't be a mind reader, but this is what homo sapiens excells at.

Yes, we are inter-subjective animals, so yes, we are mind readers. We do it all day, and we just take it for granted.

We are the only inter-subjective species on Earth, we are the only mind reading species, and it has made us the most powerful species on the planet.

Of course mind reading is a two edged sword. We can make love and we can torture. We can engage in group think and we can think for ourselves. But our major fault is that we take our inter-subjectivity for granted.