• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What your favorite colors say about your personality

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Certain colors evoke certain emotions. For example, if you are in a room with too much blue, it can make you depressed (imagine living underwater for too long). Too much yellow can make you kinda neurotic. Too much red makes you angry, etc. But they also have positive effects when taken in moderation. Turquoise calms you down and helps you focus, magenta makes you compassionate, orange makes you upbeat and outgoing, etc.

So, what is your favorite color? How does it make you feel?

This website takes primary colors, and gives small variations at the bottom of the page.

I'll begin. My favorite color is Azure blue, and other times Turquoise.

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-blue.html

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indigo for me :)

And sometimes...sometimes red - both crimson and scarlet :D.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32042&p=1255050&viewfull=1#post1255050

Personality Color Magenta
While you may not exhibit all the traits of a personality color magenta as listed here, if magenta is your favorite color you will find yourself somewhere in the description. You may also find you exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed.

• With a favorite color magenta you seek harmony and balance in every aspect of your life; physically, emotionally and spiritually - magenta helps to release old patterns of thinking and behaving that no longer serve you, helping you to grow and move forward to greater balance.
  • With a vivid imagination and creative ability, you are a non-conformist who sees life from a different point of view. This will show up in artistic pursuits or in the decoration of your own home.
  • With magenta as your favorite color, you love to surround yourself with beauty as it inspires your creativity.
  • A love of magenta means you are cheerful and optimistic and love to motivate others to achieve their best.
  • If magenta is your favorite color you are a compassionate, kind and considerate person who tries to make everyone around you feel better. With your cooperative and supportive nature you may work in one of the caring professions.
  • You are spiritual but not religious - personal and spiritual awareness and development are an important part of your life.
  • With your spontaneous and impulsive nature, you show a lot of initiative in your everyday life. You can be quite resourceful when you need to be.
  • Despite being impulsive and innovative, with magenta as your favorite color, you do tend to be practical, with a great deal of common sense.
  • You may be either over emotional or under emotional and striving for a balance between the two.
  • With a personality color magenta, you find pleasure in the little things in your life and appreciate all that you have.
  • As a lover of magenta, you don't like to be restrained or confined in any area of your life - you are a free spirit who dislikes the restriction of rules.
  • Yet even though you are a free spirit you live a very organized life.
  • Being a personality color magenta, you have a good sense of humor although it tends to be a little weird and off-beat.
  • On a negative perspective, can become obsessive and possessive about the small things in your life - little issues can consume you and make you needy and selfish - your behaviour may even become compulsive.

The Color Magenta
The Color of Universal Harmony & Emotional Balance

The color magenta is one of universal harmony and emotional balance. It is spiritual yet practical, encouraging common sense and a balanced outlook on life.

The color magenta helps to create harmony and balance in every aspect of life; physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

A combination of red and violet, magenta contains the passion, power and energy of red, restrained by the introspection and quiet energy of violet.

Magenta influences our whole personal and spiritual development. It strengthens our intuition and psychic ability while assisting us to rise above the everyday dramas of our daily life to experience a greater level of awareness and knowledge.

This color is an instrument of change and transformation; it helps to release old emotional patterns that prevent personal and spiritual development and aids us in moving forward.

Magenta is uplifting to our spirits during times of unhappiness, anger or frustration.

In the meaning of colors, magenta represents universal love at its highest level. It promotes compassion, kindness and cooperation and encourages a sense of self respect and contentment in those who use it. Gentle and caring in its approach, it generates acceptance, tolerance, support and patience.

The color magenta is a color of cheerfulness, happiness, contentment and appreciation for what you have acquired and achieved. Most people feel more optimistic when in the company of magenta.

Magenta is the color of the non-conformist, the free spirit. It pushes you to take responsibility for creating your own path in life and increases dream activity while assisting you in turning your ambitions and desires into reality.

A strong and inspiring color, magenta can appear outrageous and shocking on one hand or innovative and imaginative on the other. It is creativity inspired by beauty.

Magenta is spontaneous and impulsive, yet resourceful and organized. It is invaluable in negotiating peace and calm in those who are at odds with one another.

From a negative perspective, magenta can promote depression and despair in some, and prevent others from dealing with challenges - it may be just too relaxing for introverts and the chronically depressed.

Being surrounded by too much magenta energy can generate arrogance and bossiness making us feel overwhelmed, irritated, anxious and intolerant.

An excess of magenta energy can be balanced by introducing green into your surroundings.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I like turquoise.

..and various shades of blues and greens

...with splashes of oranges, pinks and yellows [for example, I like lots of plants in the window sills with occasional blooms in one of the brighter colors.]

....I also like white and often I wear black, because I look good in it, especially if I have a turquoise necklace on with it.

gromit

likes this
My favorite is olive green. I also like yellow/gold and brown and turquoise.

gromcolors.jpg

edit: what does it say about me? I guess I like earthy colors, calm, but bright... is that what I'm like? perhaps...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like all colors in different contexts and when I'm in different moods. Haha, I actually think that says a lot about my personality right there!

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Purple. Specifically, lavender, but I also really like blues, and green.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bright red and fluorescent yellow. Always <3

I think both descriptions kinda suit me.

Personality Color Yellow

While you may not exhibit all the character traits of a personality color yellow, if yellow is your favorite color you will find yourself somewhere in the description. You may also find you exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed.
With a personality color yellow you have a happy disposition and are cheerful and fun to be with.
You are creative, often being the one who comes up with new ideas - an ideas person who needs others to bring the ideas into reality - you tend to have your head in the clouds much of the time.
You can be very critical of yourself as well as others - a perfectionist.
You analyze everything, all the time, and are methodical in your thinking.
With a yellow personality you are impulsive and make quick decisions, but often, out of anxiety, jump in too quickly and rush things rather than taking things at a steady pace.
You have a strong independent streak in you, and are selective with your choice of friends, keeping a small group of close and like-minded friends rather than being involved in team events or large social gatherings.
You use your mind to achieve you goals rather than your physical energy.
You tend to hide your emotions, putting on a brave face in times of adversity.
You are spontaneous - you are able to think quickly on your feet and make instant decisions.
You have a modern outlook. New technology doesn't faze you.
You communicate well on a mental level with like-minded people, but can become bitter and sharp-tongued if crossed.
You are good at networking and getting information out of others. Journalists often resonate with the color yellow.
Although you find it easy to make money, you tend to spend it rapidly and unwisely.
With a personality color yellow, you can be stubborn but dislike pettiness and spitefulness of all kinds.
You like to think you are intelligent and well educated, with knowledge about many topics.
You are good at anything that involves the mind, rather than physical pursuits. Chess, crosswords, card games are yellow pursuits.
You are a smart dresser and always dress to impress.
You can be deceitful and stubborn if living from a negative perspective.
You can also be arrogant, pretentious and snobbish.

Personality Color Red

While you may not exhibit all the character traits of a personality color red as listed here, if you love red you will find yourself somewhere in the description. You may also find you exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed.
Having a personality color red identifies you as extroverted and optimistic, courageous and confident.
You are action oriented and physically active - sex is a necessity to you - you have strong survival instincts.
With a favorite color red, you like to be the center of attention - in fact all reds crave attention - other people are drawn to the vitality and sense of excitement you emit.
As a personality color red, you are stimulating to be with and you radiate a great deal of energy.
You are ambitious and competitive and like to be the winner - you are achievement orientated and second place is not good enough for you. With you it is all or nothing.
You usually gain the respect of others quite easily with your practical and grounded attitude and ability to set boundaries.
Lovers of red are the explorers and pioneers of the world, the entrepreneurs and builders who like to be first in discovering new physical realms.
If you favor the personality color red you have a passion and enthusiasm for life and are not afraid to pursue your dreams and goals.
You are impulsive - you should count to 10 before reacting to situations as it is in these situations that your anger and aggression often appears.
You are always in a hurry, wanting to do everything right now. Patience is not one of your strong points.
You do not procrastinate - you never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
You are a hard worker and you enjoy physical labor and working with your hands.
Red people can be aggressive and easy to anger, often exhibiting a violent temper - this is negative passion and energy. You flare up instantaneously but calm down quite quickly once you get it out of your system and then forget it ever happened - you do not hold a grudge.
Lovers of red are probably not particularly spiritual or religious - however if you do participate in religious activities it is the physical customs and rituals that you are drawn to, the singing, Communion and other rituals, organizing the church fete and other fundraising activities, the physical part of being there. Red people like to take care of the nuts and bolts, the nitty-gritty, the practical aspects and physical preparation of organizing an event.
You have a strong need for power and control which is connected to your basic survival instincts.
You can be somewhat of a know-it-all, not wanting to appear unintelligent or ignorant.
You are a good worker, although not necessarily a good boss - your aggressive nature doesn't serve you well in management positions. Because you are action orientated you are good at meeting deadlines and getting the job done at the right time.
You can be quite determined when you want something, but tend to have a short attention span, moving on to the next best thing when you quickly get bored with the previous one - you want it all and you want it now!
With a personality color red you may have an over active ego and appear over confident with a super inflated sense of your own worth.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Violet (Lilac)

Positive and Negative Traits of the Color Purple and Violet

Positive keywords include: unusual and individual, creative and inventive, psychic and intuitive, humanitarian, selfless and unlimited, mystery, fantasy and the future.

Negative keywords include: immaturity, being impractical, cynical and aloof, pompous and arrogant, fraudulent and corrupt, delusions of grandeur and the social climber.

The Color Purple/Violet Represents:

Inspiration: Original and sound ideas are created with violet - use it when looking for inspiration during brainstorming sessions.

Imagination: Violet inspires creativity with intellect - it is also stimulating to dream activity.

Individuality: Violet is unconventional, individual and original. It hates to copy anyone else and likes to do its own thing.

Spirituality: Violet assists us during prayer and meditation, helping us to get in touch with our deeper subconscious thoughts. Churches often feature violet in their stained glass windows. From a negative perspective it can relate to the cult follower.

Sounds like me, although I can't really relate to the spirituality point. I'm an atheist and often very rational in intellectual discussions.
Turquoise sounds good too.

Lilac: Lilac is a pale muted violet color with a slightly pinkish hue. It implies immaturity, superficiality and youthfulness. It is extroverted and enthusiastic, inspiring glamour, romance and vanity.

Could fit.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like all colors in different contexts and when I'm in different moods. Haha, I actually think that says a lot about my personality right there!
I like different colors for different things also, and don't have a favorite. In this case, the website suggests we consider the colors we wear, and use for home decor. The predominant color in my wardrobe is black:

• Having a personality color black means that prestige and power are important to you.
  • You are independent, strong-willed and determined and like to be in control of yourself and situations.
  • As a lover of black you may be conservative and conventional - black is restricting and contained.
  • You may be too serious for your own good - bring some colour into your life to lighten you up - life should be fun.
  • You may appear intimidating to even your closest colleagues and friends, with an authoritarian, demanding and dictatorial attitude.
  • As a personality color black, you are non-emotional and give the appearance of a dignified and sophisticated person who is in total control - this is often a front as you may feel quite insecure in the company of sophisticated and cultured VIP's and upper class people.
  • You like to keep people at a distance, guarding your emotions and creating an impenetrable barrier between yourself and others.
  • You may be looking for protection from any negativity that surrounds you.
  • You may wish to create an aura of mystery and intrigue, as in the sexy black negligee.
  • You may be going through a stage of self-denial, not allowing pleasure and joy into your life.
  • You hold things inside and are not good at sharing yourself with others, possibly out of fear.
  • You are methodical in your work, making sure everything is completed as required, down to the last detail.
  • It may be a color of comfort to you, allowing you to retreat and hide from the real world.
  • You may be a teenager or young adult hiding behind black while searching for your own identity or your own true colors.
  • You may be rebelling against society or your family.
  • You may have lost sight of your direction in life and are going through a very negative phase.
  • You may be suppressing your own desires and aspirations.
  • You may be retreating behind black during a difficult time in your life such as a serious illness or a period of grief - black protects, allowing for a deep inner healing without interference from others.

For home decor, I prefer blues, both dark and light, as well as forest green. Interestingly, though, I match the description of people who do NOT like green:

If you dislike green:
  • You are not a social 'joiner'
  • You do not like to do things the way the majority does.
    [*] You are not particularly a nature lover.
  • You may be a loner preferring to keep to yourself than mixing with crowds.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually don't have a favorite color but approached the question as tho if I were a color what color would I be. Haha

And I feel that it would be magenta :laugh:

I like rich earth tones. Spice red, forest green, mustard yellow, rust orange, etc.

But for business stuff/packaging, I prefer a colder aesthetic -- white, silver, ice blue, stuff like that. Dunno.

Going by Lady X's method though, if I were a color, I would probably be sea green/aquamarine.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Positive and Negative Traits of the Color Purple and Violet

Positive keywords include: unusual and individual, creative and inventive, psychic and intuitive, humanitarian, selfless and unlimited, mystery, fantasy and the future.

Negative keywords include: immaturity, being impractical, cynical and aloof, pompous and arrogant, fraudulent and corrupt, delusions of grandeur and the social climber.

The Color Purple/Violet Represents:

Inspiration: Original and sound ideas are created with violet - use it when looking for inspiration during brainstorming sessions.

Imagination: Violet inspires creativity with intellect - it is also stimulating to dream activity.

Individuality: Violet is unconventional, individual and original. It hates to copy anyone else and likes to do its own thing.

Spirituality: Violet assists us during prayer and meditation, helping us to get in touch with our deeper subconscious thoughts. Churches often feature violet in their stained glass windows. From a negative perspective it can relate to the cult follower.

Effects of the Color Purple/Violet:

Empathy: Compassion, kindness and a love of humanity are positive qualities of Violet.

Controlled emotion: Violet is passionate, like red, but inclined to display it in private only.

Respectable & distinguished: The darker shades of violet particularly are linked to the origins of purple where it was only available to royalty and the wealthy.

Impractical: Violet can be impractical, with its head in the clouds rather than having its feet on the ground. It tends to see life as it imagines it, rather than how it is.

Immature: Violet can be immature, encouraging fantasy and an idealism that is often difficult to achieve in real life.

Dignity: Violet exudes a quiet modest form of dignity which is often appealing to others.

Cynical: This is a negative side of violet.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Purple/violet too.

Green is a close second but the social thing...no.

I tend to wear earth/autumn tones for the most part.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always liked blue and gold.

Blue:

While you may not exhibit all the character traits of a personality color blue as listed here, if blue is your favorite color you will find yourself somewhere in the description. You may also find you exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed.

With a personality color blue as your favorite color you are conservative, reliable and trustworthy - you are quite trusting of others although you are very wary in the beginning until you are sure of the other person. At the same time, you also have a deep need to be trusted.
You are not impulsive or spontaneous - you always think before you speak and act and do everything at your own pace in your own time. You take time to process and share your feelings.
You are genuine and sincere, and you take your responsibilities seriously.
Having a personality color blue means you have a deep need for peace and harmony in your everyday life - you don't like having your feathers ruffled. You would benefit from daily meditation and quiet time for reflection, introspection and self-discovery.

You appear to be confident and self-controlled, but may be hiding your vulnerable side.
Being a personality color blue means you are generally fairly even-tempered, unless your emotions take over - then you can become either moody and over-emotional, or cool and indifferent.
You are sensitive to the needs of others and caring with your close circle of friends. While you are friendly and sociable, you prefer the company of your own close group of friends.
You are a rescuer and love to be needed but one of your lessons is to learn to love yourself first - you live from your heart and are always busy putting the needs of others first.
You can be rigid - you like to stick to what is familiar to you and it is hard to sway you from your path - you stubbornly do things your way even if there is a better way.
You need to have direction & order in your living and work spaces - untidiness and unpredictability overwhelm you.
You don't like to draw attention to yourself - you prefer to be in the background.
While you don't like to have discord or conflict in your life, you are often the cause of conflict with others; you can be quite manipulative but in a very subtle way.
You make a loyal and faithful marriage partner and you are an honest, trustworthy and sincere friend. You form strong attachments, but risk a tendency to become codependent.
You can be quite emotional, aware of others feelings and sensitive to the moods of others.
You are sentimental and love things from the past. You cry easily at sad movies.
You compare the present to the past, looking to authority figures, parents, bosses or other leaders, to support your beliefs about the world.
You are approachable and friendly, always making people feel welcome in your life.
You have a thirst for knowledge in order to gain wisdom and appear knowledgeable in whatever area interests you.
You are spiritual or religious with a high degree of devotion to family, God, or other causes that are important to you.
You can be too cautious and worry about every little thing.
If reacting negatively, you are prone to self-pity.

Here's gold:

While you may not exhibit all the traits of a personality color gold as listed here, if gold is your favorite color you will find yourself somewhere in the description. You may also find you exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed.

With a personality color gold, you radiate charisma, personality and individuality, making others feel relaxed and valued in your company.
If gold is your favorite color, you are a loving and compassionate person who shows great personal warmth to all you meet - others feel empowered when in your presence.
With your magnetism and your positive outlook on life, you draw people to you who aspire to your level of success.

When living to the highest level of the color gold, you often exhibit great spiritual qualities, seeking and giving unconditional love and understanding to all you meet.
As a personality color gold you relish the attention, respect, warmth and friendliness that you tend to receive from others in return for your kindness, compassion and love.
Anyone with a personality color gold loves luxury and the best quality in everything - luckily you tend to be very successful, seeking and acquiring material wealth throughout your lifetime.
With gold as your favorite color you appreciate life completely - with your optimistic attitude you are not happy to passively sit back and wait for things to happen - you must be an active participant.
You have a sophisticated approach to life with high ideals and standards - you know exactly what is right and what is wrong and endeavour to follow the right.
Wise and successful, yet practical and honest, you are achievement oriented with high expectations, dreams and desires.
With your leadership qualities, you love to share your wisdom and knowledge with others.
You are reliable and genuine, trustworthy and authentic, when living positively under gold.
You have a cheerful, outgoing and friendly disposition - totally happy within yourself and it shows.
You tend to be a good listener and attract many friends, giving your warmth, friendship and love, as well as your time and energy, generously and unreservedly - you accept, respect and appreciate the worth and importance of those who become your friends.
Unfortunately you will also attract some false friends who are attracted to your success, wealth and charm.
You are quite selective and discriminating when it comes to choosing a life partner - quality is as important here as it is in the rest of your life.
Your passion and enthusiasm can be your ruin as you take on too much, causing you to be stressed, anxious and overwhelmed.
Of course there are some who live falsely and negatively under the influence of gold - the fake gold's.
If living on a negative side of gold, you may find it difficult to trust others and you may fear success and wealth.
You may also have unreal expectations - fool's gold.
Negatively, you may be overconfident, with a superiority attitude, and conceited with an inflated sense of self-worth.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite is silver. If I were a color, I would be it. It is a real color because the link says it is, damn it. :D

Positive keywords include: illumination, reflection, feminine power, balancing, calming, soothing, dignity, glamour, self control, responsibility, organization, insight, wisdom, modern, sleek, hi-tech and scientific

Negative keywords include: dull, melancholy, lonely, lifeless and colorless, rigid, negative, neutral, indecisive, insincere, deceptive

After that, indigo, purple, royal blue, and green. Jewel tones in general. I wear black the most, and love to put bright colors next to it.