• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Imagine that life was a game and you would get score from different accomplishments

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Let's say the total score range is from -100 to +100, what kind of a score chart would you make for a person's life? I.e. you can't spend more than 100 points on all the plus items, and can't spend more than 100 on all the minus items.

I'll give a simple example (and I dont mean this seriously, I'll give a serious answer in next post)

Your Life Score
===========
+50 for being rich
+50 for getting laid a lot
-50 for being homeless
-50 for being seriously ill

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+100 for having a heart of gold and a soul of silver.
-100 for gorging upon gold and salivating over silver.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok, so here's my serious attempt:
+20 for a home
+10 for being healthy enough to do work (even if you didn't work)
+10 for a any job
+10 for a job that isn't borderline slavery
+5 for a any intimate relationship
+5 for happy relationship
+5 for having friends
+5 if whatever you do is fulfilling
+5 for stable living conditions
+5 from having some obligations and fulfilling them
+5 from nice living environment
+5 from good self-esteem
+5 from sense of purpose
+5 from some strong intellectual, aesthetic or cultural interests

-20 for abusive relationship
-15 for impairing mental disorders
-10 for heavy drug/substance abuse
-10 from lots of crime in the neighborhood
-10 from being personally involved in violent crime
-10 from being underaged
-10 for poverty
-5 for any drug/substance abuse
-5 for stress
-5 from having too much or no obligations

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
60, I was hoping for better but I guess its not too bad. Even if you just made this up, its pretty cool for seeing certain things in proper perspective, to really think about how things are. :thumbup:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
60, I was hoping for better but I guess its not too bad. Even if you just made this up, its pretty cool for seeing certain things in proper perspective, to really think about how things are. :thumbup:
What kind of a score chart would you make for everyone else?

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
30- Relationships (Finding true love at least once, long-lasting friendships, loyalty to family)
20- Purpose (Finding what you were put on this earth to do and doing it to the best of your abilities)
20- Charity (community service, helping others, self-sacrifice, bettering the world in some way)
15- Acceptance of self (making peace with all past mistakes and the fact that you will make more)
10- Knowledge (continued learning in all aspects of life. Openness to acquire knowledge)
05-Individuality (creativity and all that jazz)

Mole

Permabanned
The Son of Man had no place to lay his head. In other words, He was homeless, and scored -50.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
The Son of Man had no place to lay his head. In other words, He was homeless, and scored -50.

I feel like I should lose 50 points any time I read your inane, irrelevant jibberish.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think he would have come close to breaking even.

He was healthy enough to walk all over Palestine (+10) and he had a job as an itenerant preacher (+10). He had friends (+5). His work seems to have been fulfilling (+5). He definitely had obligations and could be said to have fulfilled them (+5). He certainly seems to have had a very strong sense of purpose (+5). And, perhaps, good self-esteem (+5). He did, however, suffer poverty (-10), stress (-5), and too much obligation (-5).

That would put him at +25 if I'm doing my math right.. It could arguably be less than that depending on factors like mental health and whether occupied Judea was high in violent crime, etc.

Lark

I dont score myself that way, I score myself like in the fighting fantasy game books with experience points.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If the time continuum could be mastered, then maybe achievements could be given a much greater rebirth, rather than as just one time spectacles. Still, there are indeed achievements that can last.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Let's say the total score range is from -100 to +100, what kind of a score chart would you make for a person's life? I.e. you can't spend more than 100 points on all the plus items, and can't spend more than 100 on all the minus items.

I'll give a simple example (and I dont mean this seriously, I'll give a serious answer in next post)

Your Life Score
===========
+50 for being rich
+50 for getting laid a lot
-50 for being homeless
-50 for being seriously ill

First, let me ask, what is the purpose in trying to score? What does one get for scoring high or low, other than an ego rub?

Now, as to what I would give scores to...

As Mother Teresa once said [paraphrased here] "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." If agape love and eternal weight are not the goal then the result is wasted on the temporal. Only those things that impact a person beyond the confines of the temporary really matter to me.