• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Child of rage" documentary

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The start is very disturbing (I mean it), but the ending is beautiful. She evolves from utterly cruel/cold/sadistic/remorseless to a pretty 'normal' child.

Makes me wonder how many sociopaths could be recovered with proper treatment. An early intervention should have a pretty decent success rate.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The start is very disturbing (I mean it), but the ending is beautiful. She evolves from utterly cruel/cold/sadistic/remorseless to a pretty 'normal' child.

Makes me wonder how many sociopaths could be recovered with proper treatment. An early intervention should have a pretty decent success rate.

this interests me, I want to watch it and I'll give my 2 cents after i do.

roman67

This is wonderful documentary about kid life some of the aspects are not good but the ending is quite good.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
OK the obvious: sociopaths are actors. They lie ruthlessly. They have utterly no conscience, they really don't give a fuck. When people try to help the sociopath and show "love" he just sees them as complete suckers that he has every right to manipulate like a chess piece. This girl knows damn well that she is gonna be locked the fuck up if she doesn't shed some damn tears in a hurry. So she does, no problemo. She'll fool these bastards, and then one day she'll be at large, and she'll be all the wiser for her experience. This is a great lesson on how to fool suckers to her.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK the obvious: sociopaths are actors. They lie ruthlessly. They have utterly no conscience, they really don't give a fuck. When people try to help the sociopath and show "love" he just sees them as complete suckers that he has every right to manipulate like a chess piece. This girl knows damn well that she is gonna be locked the fuck up if she doesn't shed some damn tears in a hurry. So she does, no problemo. She'll fool these bastards, and then one day she'll be at large, and she'll be all the wiser for her experience. This is a great lesson on how to fool suckers to her.
Worst case scenario, she may not have a conscience, but it seems pretty clear that her sadistic desires have been managed.

Functional sociopaths aren't stupid - even though they wouldn't feel remorse about torturing/killing a person, they are able to learn that the consequences aren't worth it.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Functional sociopaths aren't stupid - even though they wouldn't feel remorse about torturing/killing a person, they are able to learn that the consequences aren't worth it.

There are many different types, but a sociopath will do what a sociopath is driven to do. It's not a question of not doing it because the consequences aren't worth it, it's a question of being able to conceal it and evade the consequences. A sadist will practice sadism. It's their nature.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are many different types, but a sociopath will do what a sociopath is driven to do. It's not a question of not doing it because the consequences aren't worth it, it's a question of being able to conceal it and evade the consequences. A sadist will practice sadism. It's their nature.
I can buy lack of remorse as being a relatively permanent characteristic, but not sadism. I guess we'll have to disagree here.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I can buy lack of remorse as being a relatively permanent characteristic, but not sadism. I guess we'll have to disagree here.

Yeah I didn't mean forever. I meant if you are a sadist right now you will do what you can to practice sadism right now. I dunno how they change over time. I've read varied reports, if I recall.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember watching this many moons ago and thinking how afraid the child was, that she felt compelled to hurt others to numb her own pain. Completely detached from other people.

I just rewatched it and can pinpoint the part where i realised where she was at psychologically- in technicolour, it was how she described the birdlings, as the mother not wanting them if they had been touched and not coming back. This is so apparent to me in connection with how she felt about her own (birth) mother. And that she killed them seemed significant in that she thought them better off dead.

Of course this does not excuse (merely gives reason to) her behaviour and she absolutely needed to be away from her brother whom she was abusing. I do hope he also had therapy, familial abuse tends to work itself out in patterns.

I looked her up and found that she is an advocate of the therapy she received, aparently adopted by the woman running the project (in the vid).There sems to be some dissonance with weather this therapy is/can be successful...

Anyway, a more modern picture of Beth

bilde1.jpg

I wonder how she reconciles it all, i can identify with having to forgive yourself in order to move on in life.

I wonder if she has had or will have her own children.

/tuppence (for now)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I saw something that says she's "fine" but can someone tell me what she's really exactly like as an adult? Even her eyes as a child are frightening, her eyes are horrible, dead, flat.

Has she just learned how to fake behaving so she can move through society undetected or is she really better?

Does anyone know?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw something that says she's "fine" but can someone tell me what she's really exactly like as an adult? Even her eyes as a child are frightening, her eyes are horrible, dead, flat.

Has she just learned how to fake behaving so she can move through society undetected or is she really better?

Does anyone know?

Nope, but how can anyone really know unless her behaviour indicates it so. Aparently she advocates the therapy she received and is the adopted daughter of the attachment therapist... thats all i have.

http://childrenintherapy.org/proponents/thomasb.html

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I tend to agree with you. Her eyes are horrible, those are the eyes of an evil adult, not of a child. I really am not sure I believe she's fine and dandy. A lot of serial killers passed off as pretty normal people in society before they decided to start killing.

If there's one thing I don't trust, it's a sociopath.

Lark

That's interesting because in the current series of Hannibal the Hannibal character repeatedly comments about how enlightening, illuminating and like peaking behind the curtain his working with the police is to him, the reason being he's a killer and learning better about the police procedures for trying to detect people like him and deal with them.

I've met people like that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nope, but how can anyone really know unless her behaviour indicates it so. Aparently she advocates the therapy she received and is the adopted daughter of the attachment therapist... thats all i have.

http://childrenintherapy.org/proponents/thomasb.html

This woman put murderers and prostitutes in the same sentence, then proceeded to list Edgar Allen Poe along side Saddam Hussein.

What this says to me that her grasp of ethics is still weird and way out of proportion to reality even if she's managed to internalize good and bad.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Its attachment disorder. There are other stories of attachment therapy working and turning lives around. I don't believe they are psychopaths. One other example of attachment therapy working is Daniel Solomon, whose story you can listen to here.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This woman put murderers and prostitutes in the same sentence, then proceeded to list Edgar Allen Poe along side Saddam Hussein.

What this says to me that her grasp of ethics is still weird and way out of proportion to reality even if she's managed to internalize good and bad.

Yah but she does go on to differentiate, i think the point she was making there may have been one of how abuse/psychology manifests. I don't think she meant that prostitutes are 'bad', but i don't say this with certainty. The other part is from an unfinished sentance so i'm not sure where she was going with it. The dvd itself would be interesting as the quotes are from speech and therefore more difficult to translate.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ah... So what if she were an Aryan supremecist instead? :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yah but she does go on to differentiate, i think the point she was making there may have been one of how abuse/psychology manifests. I don't think she meant that prostitutes are 'bad', but i don't say this with certainty. The other part is from an unfinished sentance so i'm not sure where she was going with it. The dvd itself would be interesting as the quotes are from speech and therefore more difficult to translate.

She is listing people like Jeffrey Dahmer...then says Edgar Allen Poe (???) Sadaam Hussein...because people who write horror stories are just like dictators and serial killers...she has no real authentic sense of ethics. She has a black and white conception of 'good' and 'bad'...it's really weird, it seems sociopathic, like they learn what other people have told them is wrong and right without actually knowing what it means.

That is my point.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oddly, I recently read an article about how some researcher (do not recall the name) who believed that actually sociopathy and actual sadism rarely overlapped, due to a sociopath's difficulty comprehending pain.