• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why i have a hard time accepting i have any type of psychosis

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
damn it i need to think before i react now i feel silly

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She's posted on the forum for years, candidly discussing and exploring various diagnoses she's been given for psychiatric conditions. It seems patently obvious to anyone who has indeed observed her posting over the the years, that she wavers back and forth with regard to how to deal with these issues, & is seeking external feedback to supplement what she thinks/feels, as well as to further examine what those in her immediate environment offer. Suggesting she leave a community where she has friends and (most of the time) reasonable people to discuss this with seems like a rather pointless bit of advice to dispense.

I wonder what your motivation/reasoning behind it is. Are you aware of it?
-To clarify, I'm not trying to attack you in any way. I'm genuinely curious.

Are these people genuinely her friends? Does the social media even have the capacity to provide anyone with the valuable interpersonal connections that we all need in order to maintain an adequate level of mental health? It is a telling fact that despite the proliferation of technology that grants us opportunities to cultivate online relationships with other people, our social capital is plummeting precipitously. Robert Putnam covered quite a bit of that in Bowling Alone and he was mostly right, online communities are at best distracting us from opportunities to create rewarding professional and interpersonal relationships in a face to face setting. It creates an illusion that exacerbates the plight of the alienated youth.

"Aspie INTx humor" crossed my mind as a possibility, hah. Thought I'd ask for his reasoning, though, since it wasn't entirely clear.

(the post being sensitive subject matter, Fe kicks in & I'm kind of its bitch/need to seek clarification)

I admire the typological ingenuity on your part, after all, any "INT" with an odd sense of humor must have asperger's syndrome or suffer from autism, right?

No, unfortunately, that's not correct: all of the counselors I've visited (when I was a regular forum member), certified that I was perfectly mentally healthy and entirely devoid of personality disorders.

As for my reasoning, see my initial response to you above.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are these people genuinely her friends?

Yes, they are. (some of us have hung out with her in person, as well, for whatever that's worth)

Does the social media even have the capacity to provide anyone with the valuable interpersonal connections that we all need in order to maintain an adequate level of mental health?

By itself, of course not. But as another dimension of human interaction, it's certainly supplemental. Meaningful, lasting relationships can & do develop in this abstract realm all the time.

It is a telling fact that despite the proliferation of technology that grants us opportunities to cultivate online relationships with other people, our social capital is plummeting precipitously. Robert Putnam covered quite a bit of that in Bowling Alone and he was mostly right, online communities are at best distracting us from opportunities to create rewarding professional and interpersonal relationships in a face to face setting. It creates an illusion that exacerbates the plight of the alienated youth.

I think this subjective topic is difficult to pin down in terms of statistical or universal absolutes. To some extent, it depends on how one chooses to live (one might also factor in where an individual lives, & under what conditions, as sometimes more interaction with the external world simply isn't as readily available, for various reasons). People can & do successfully maintain fulfilling relationships on each of these planes in tandem. Of course, interacting exclusively in online communities & literally never making an effort to engage with those in your immediate surroundings would not be conducive to healthy psychological growth; I think most people here would agree.

I admire the typological ingenuity on your part, after all, any "INT" with an odd sense of humor must have asperger's syndrome or suffer from autism, right?

No, unfortunately, that's not correct: all of the counselors I've visited (when I was a regular forum member), certified that I was perfectly mentally healthy and entirely devoid of personality disorders.

Ah, you're not familiar with my lame humor, I see. Allow me to clarify. I call INTx's "aspies" with utmost affectionate humor. Some of those closest to me happen to be INTx people. Diagnosing mental conditions based on type alone is absurd, hence the joke. My delivery isn't always well-recieved; hit or miss (ironic, since I'm making cracks about the social clumsiness of others).

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not that I care enough to convince anyone, but I don't see how that 'have you read my signature' part could have been interpreted as a joke.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not that I care enough to convince anyone, but I don't see how that 'have you read my signature' part could have been interpreted as a joke.
I do! Self-deprecation.

Just sayin'

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do! Self-deprecation.

Just sayin'
Abstractly possible, though concretely pretty much impossible taking into account his low opinion of people who regularly frequent this forum.

Also, it's not his style.

Anyways, he took advantage of the plausible deniability masterfully.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Abstractly possible, though concretely pretty much impossible taking into account his low opinion of people who regularly frequent this forum.

Also, it's not his style.

Anyways, he took advantage of the plausible deniability masterfully.
Sorry, thought you were talking about Lex! Apparently I misunderstood the misunderstanding? :doh: :doh:

*stops while she's not ahead*
*leaves thread*

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry, thought you were talking about Lex! Apparently I misunderstood the misunderstanding? :doh: :doh:

*leaves thread*

D'aww, so SJ's can have sensortard moments. . .

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

*leaves thread*
Oh, got it.

I assumed you were playing devil's advocate, but it's not your style, so it was a bit weird.

(On a side note, I should probably stop saying 'not his/her style' in order to be recognized as a badass ultra-objective Ti-dom.) :glasses:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
D'aww, so SJ's can have sensortard moments. . .
You're the one with Se, missy. :alttongue:

I probably have more sensortard moments than my INFJ mother. :dry:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hug:

I have something meaningful I want to say, but I don't really know how. So a hug will have to do.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I guess it doesn't matter if he was joking. nothing's going to happen.

I also ask for feedback here, because it's something i'd never ever do in real life. especially not on this.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are these people genuinely her friends? Does the social media even have the capacity to provide anyone with the valuable interpersonal connections that we all need in order to maintain an adequate level of mental health? It is a telling fact that despite the proliferation of technology that grants us opportunities to cultivate online relationships with other people, our social capital is plummeting precipitously. Robert Putnam covered quite a bit of that in Bowling Alone and he was mostly right, online communities are at best distracting us from opportunities to create rewarding professional and interpersonal relationships in a face to face setting. It creates an illusion that exacerbates the plight of the alienated youth.

I liked Bowling Alone. I think online communities can provide valuable interpersonal connections though. It can also be a problem if people spend too much time on them because it can have exactly the impact that you describe.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess it doesn't matter if he was joking. nothing's going to happen.

I also ask for feedback here, because it's something i'd never ever do in real life. especially not on this.

I think you should be perturbed by the fact that you can't bring these issues to the people you know in "real life". On that account, you should seriously start questioning if they are your friends. And if you discover that they're not, it's time to look for greener pastures elsewhere, but coming to forums like these will get you nowhere.

Have you tried meetup.com? There are all sorts of groups that hold face to face meetings and chances are, you'll be able to find people who share many of your interests.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I never claimed any of these people were my real friends, I mean the ones i see every day. The only person I'd consider an actual friend i just spoke to after losing contact with her for 8 months so yeah first conversation, I'm not going to bring this up. I probably will in the future, but now isn't the time. It takes years for me to trust someone enough in real life. you people can't do anything and if you judge me i don't have to deal with you. But if i have to see the person all the time that's different