• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The psychological profile of a regular member of TypeC

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been a member on this site and INTPc on and off for over six years and here is what I've noticed about regular members. I would think that at least one of the following characteristics accurately describes most regular members.

-They have escapist tendencies and try to use this website as a sanctuary from the problems of real-life they deem to be overwhelming.
-They generally have poor interpersonal communication skills, have very few friends and if they happen to be outgoing, most people in their social network see them as tactless, self-absorbed and annoying.
-They have been diagnosed with a personality disorder that compounds their troubles relating to people. Commonly, such disorders are that of anxiety, depression or ADHD. The frequent users who do not have a personality disorder are often deeply disturbed or traumatized to the point where they struggle to find their niche outside of the forum.
-They are generally not well-educated and do not enjoy doing intellectual work in their spare time, albeit they'll try hard to seem as intelligent as possible on this forum. They read very little and their critical thinking skills are quite weak, so they resort to making ridiculous typological stereotypes and remain unaware of the obvious problems with their statements.
-They typically have a very low self-esteem and therefore cannot come to terms with who they are in real life. Hence, they construct an internet persona that represents their idealized self-concept or basically their persona is the person they wish they were in real life.
-They are either troubled high-school kids, confused college students, unemployed professionals who are also often at mid-life crisis, on disability or welfare or stay at home wives/husbands. In short, they heavily rely on the social acceptance at this forum because they can't find a professional vocation or a hobby that fulfills that need.
-They generally have very poor self-control and can't resist the urge to get into bitter arguments with complete strangers over relatively minor issues.

Feel free to continue this list for me.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's my boy. :)

You've been gone far too long.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I guess I'm the first one more than anything, but I don't think my real life problems are overwhelming.

G

Ginkgo

It's as if bumblebees of illumination flutter around my head, pollinating my mind with the sweet sugars of enlightenment.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
'Anxiety, depression or ADHD' aren't 'personality disorders', as that term is generally used.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting idea for a thread. To test your hypothesis, I'll answer them for myself.

-They have escapist tendencies and try to use this website as a sanctuary from the problems of real-life they deem to be overwhelming.

I can be a little escapist but don't have any overwhelming problems in real life. The forum is a form of relaxation.

-They generally have poor interpersonal communication skills, have very few friends and if they happen to be outgoing, most people in their social network see them as tactless, self-absorbed and annoying.

No to this one

-They have been diagnosed with a personality disorder that compounds their troubles relating to people. Commonly, such disorders are that of anxiety, depression or ADHD. The frequent users who do not have a personality disorder are often deeply disturbed or traumatized to the point where they struggle to find their niche outside of the forum.

No significant problems relating to people

-They are generally not well-educated and do not enjoy doing intellectual work in their spare time, albeit they'll try hard to seem as intelligent as possible on this forum. They read very little and their critical thinking skills are quite weak, so they resort to making ridiculous typological stereotypes and remain unaware of the obvious problems with their statements.

You got me. I prefer not to think at all if I don't have to. I used to watch as much reality TV as possible but WifeSwap was too intellectually challenging and so I looked for an alternative.

-They typically have a very low self-esteem and therefore cannot come to terms with who they are in real life. Hence, they construct an internet persona that represents their idealized self-concept or basically their persona is the person they wish they were in real life.

This is in interesting thought. As far as this forum goes, I have no idea what my persona would be. I pretty much act like I normally do, so not sure about that one.

-They are either troubled high-school kids, confused college students, unemployed professionals who are also often at mid-life crisis, on disability or welfare or stay at home wives/husbands. In short, they heavily rely on the social acceptance at this forum because they can't a professional vocation or a hobby that fulfills that need.

None of those fit. Typology is a hobby for me though. I've been learning about it and attempting to use it for practical purposes for a long time. It's an idea you know - to look for practical uses for things.

-They generally have very poor self-control and can't resist the urge to get into bitter arguments with complete strangers over relatively minor issues.

Nope.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
-They are either troubled high-school kids, confused college students, unemployed professionals who are also often at mid-life crisis, on disability or welfare or stay at home wives/husbands. In short, they heavily rely on the social acceptance at this forum because they can't a professional vocation or a hobby that fulfills that need.

I relate. I feel the same urge to tear people down, sow self-doubt, and make sure they know how wrong they are. Like, it fucking burns. It's this rage I have inside me. I love this rage, though, because it is so pure and powerful. It feels so justified. I am full of hatred for being stuck in this life that has failed to answer my cries for connection. I feel incredibly lonely, utterly betrayed. I hate god for doing this to me. My heart is broken a million times over. Why can't I be loved? I have tried so fucking hard. All that's left for me is to reject people as I have been rejected, but even that leaves me empty.

And I'm serious. I'm in this wasteland. I don't know what to do anymore, I am out of ideas. I can't even just collapse and cry about it, but I really want to. I could perhaps, if I could truly accept the fact that things are really this bad, that I am really alone and rejected like this forever. I can't, though. I still have hope, for better or worse. I think maybe tomorrow something good will happen. Maybe I'll meet someone different, someone who I love and she loves me back. Maybe I'll have a great idea and find passion and purpose.. even just entertainment will do, really. Fuck, maybe god will come down from the heavens and tell me it was all just a bad dream, that I am actually much more important than I thought I was, that I fucking mattered or something. I dunno man. Was it too much to ask?

rav3n

Upon reading this thread, the first thought that popped into my mind was cutting. :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Wow. So it's not just FJs that are evil now. I guess it's an evolution of sorts.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are people who are trying to figure out who they are and how they can relate more efficiently to others, showing interest in self-growth.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They are people who are trying to figure out who they are and how they can relate more efficiently to others, showing interest in self-growth.

I doubt it, the way people do typology just reaffirms their current habits and beliefs. If anything, it gives them an excuse not to try to grow.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They often find friends while exploring the theory who will listen to them, help them and encourage them in life, swap life experiences and benefit from their strengths - and vice versa.

Pinker85

I'm not sure. I think the members that stand out for me do so for my own various messy reasons . . . so I'm not entirely sure if I'm getting the full picture of what TypeC is like. I probably end up on here during periods of anxiety, ambivalence and depression.

G

garbage

Wow. So it's not just FJs that are evil now. I guess it's an evolution of sorts.
If everyone is the victim of prejudice, then perhaps nobody is a victim of prejudice.

Whoa. #deep #wow #whoa #pot

G

garbage

Here are my observations:

- They tend to sport an avatar depicting some gentleman with a muscular physique. Many of these avatars are not pictures of the members themselves. Members who in fact are muscular and have posted "real" pictures are simply seeking validation.
- They splurge on candy and other sweets. Many are invalids who physically cannot leave their houses, and so must spend the majority of their time on this forum.
- They grip spoons and pencils like cavemen, as they have never bothered to learn a modicum of proper etiquette.
- They have been permabanned from the forum more than once, indicating that they completely lack tact and understanding.
- They write theses and complete books on the subject of typology. They love to hear themselves talk--but only over the Internet, as talking to others in real life without mumbling or gazing at their own shoes is a foreign concept to them.
- Oddly enough, in stark contrast to the trait above, they have never read any posts by other members that relate to typology.
- They have not been to outer space, nor would they even attempt to go.

Feel free to add to this list.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In fairness, I have seen everything listed in the OP, on this forum. But definitely not from the majority.

I'm also not sure what the point of this thread is.
They often find friends while exploring the theory who will listen to them, help them and encourage them in life, swap life experiences and benefit from their strengths - and vice versa.
^ Great post. Resonates with my experience here. :)
- They have not been to outer space, nor would they even attempt to go.
Damn! You got me! :(

G

garbage

I'm also not sure what the point of this thread is.
To illuminate another aspect of the profile:

- They tend to make completely pointless threads.

Which is, of course, itself a point.
:greatscott: