• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your Achilles's heel?

R

Riva

Mine are studying, procrastination (on studying) and temper at my family members (esp when being nagged).

Lark

Mine is books, GOD DAMNIT but its books, I think I've got four square feet of free space in my room a the moment, and its not a big room to begin with, for the stacks upon stacks of books, you know what else, a big part of the addiction revolves around non-fiction so when the author recommends, even just mentions, other books then I'm onto getting copies of them too, novels, well, the author may mention books which the characters are reading, there's a new lead, the author may have other books out, there's a lead too.

Plus there's a shit load of vacarious living done through books, thinking of travelling some place? Taking up a new hobby? Developing a new facet of your personality? Networking or meeting people? Any experience you can think of, there's a book for that, and of course I wind up buying it, may never do or see or whatever the subject may be and discover the books later when I'm not even interested in that shit anymore but hey I'm sure someone is shopping the charity shops I dump them all on and maybe they'll have more luck than me with that.

Then there's so many books you cant find the one you planned to read, perhaps maybe get a second one to add to the chaos, damnit.

On the plus side, the only plus side, I'm pretty sure this is hurting no one, unlike a lot of vices, and it doesnt actually stress me that much, most of the time, which is a good thing too.

Although it breaks my heart that I wont probably have time enough in a single life to read all the books (yes, all the books, all the books IN THA WORLD, and KNOW all tha things IN THA WORLD, welcome to my crazy).

Lark

Also attractive women but I dont really feel like posting about that one.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Oh, sure, like I'm going to hand you all of my weaknesses on a silver platter. :dry:

Lark

Oh, sure, like I'm going to hand you all of my weaknesses on a silver platter. :dry:

If I could have more than one achilles heel I'd make Kyuuei one too.

She's got wisdom. Yes she does.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would appear to have something to do with women and intimate relationships. I've been generally pretty lucky with this however.

G

Glycerine

Intellectualizing the crap out of everything which means I usually know why I do shit and the possible courses of action but end up stalling in analysis paralysis (unless forced to take action).

Lark

Intellectualizing the crap out of everything which means I usually know why I do shit and the possible courses of action but end up stalling in analysis paralysis (unless forced to take action).

Analysis paralysis? That's awesome, I've never heard of that before.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't normally like to give my weaknesses, but since you asked...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My Achilles' heel is.. my heel.

That thing got a tumor inside the bone- had to be replaced with bone graft material of dead people.. and I've gone downhill ever since.

Walking unevenly for almost a year due to that^ ruined my last good knee (torn meniscus).

So many visits to hospitals, I picked up recurring resistant infection that almost killed me a couple times/left me disfigured, kept life on pause & more or less trapped me in a toxic environment for way too long.

I blame the heel for it all. The dead people in my foot have cursed me.

In truth, my Achilles' heel is my own self-defeating programming. When I let myself believe that false internal reality, I can easily see everything just fall apart, if I took it far enough. Life would lose meaning if I constantly let myself feel incompetent/incapable. I'm nothing without hope.

My secondary Achilles' heel is sad cats. Not memes or people trying to be cats.. but when my cat/cats around me sound forlorn, I have immense trouble resisting whatever it is they want.

Nicki

Retired
My heels are really dry and ugly. They make me sad. But my actual Achilles's heel is arrogance.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My heels are really dry and ugly. They make me sad. But my actual Achilles's heel is arrogance.

In yourself or others, and good or bad?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
living in imagination land and convincing myself I've already done stuff, over-thinking things, falling for emotional manipulation, perfectionism, sushi, hot guys (and sometimes girls)

Nicki

Retired
In yourself or others, and good or bad?

In myself and I'd say it can be a good thing at times because it gives me confidence to achieve some big goals of mine but it's mostly a bad thing when it comes to things like morals, etc.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
--social ineptness / inability to relate
--pride
--fear

No particular order. All are problems.

W

WALMART

Behind my iron chestplate is a pulsating orb of infinite power.

If you smash it off with the megaton hammer, peel back my ribs with the hookshot and land three arrows sequentially I am dead.