• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Believing there is nothing wrong even when there's mountains of evidence otherwise

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Do you ever do this. Like I think oh everyone gets paranoid, everyone hears things, everyone sees things that aren't there. I don't need meds than I end up screwing myself over. I don't know if it's part of the illness or me being stubborn. But the point is I was telling everyone I was still taking meds even when I wasn't I ended up having a bad episode of paranoia and auditory hallucinations yesterday. So why do I do this? and I've been getting paranoid periodically the past week. It was so scary it's like being on a really bad trip, is the best way to describe it. I'm back on them now, but I don't know why i keep taking myself off of them.I really don't. It was so bad that when i reported all my symptoms today they tried to put me in the hospital to stabelize me and i got the do you know where you are quiz. So what do I do? I'm on supervised meds now, but i won't be forever.

I just need to know if people relate.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah a bunch of people (back when I used to interact with people) used to tell me I was depressed. I always just said fuck you no I'm not.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Not really, but I'm sorry to hear you're going through that.

It would make sense that you feel you don't need meds. When on them, you feel fine, right? So then it seems like you don't need them. At that point, your body does not see a logical connection between the two, so you don't see any reason to take them.

I'd say it happens to a lot of people that need medications, no matter what they are for. Not everyone, of course, but a decent number. For example, some people feel they don't need to take high blood pressure medication because they terrific when they are taking them.

I know this post didn't really add anything, but I felt like responding. :/

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not really, but I'm sorry to hear you're going through that.

It would make sense that you feel you don't need meds. When on them, you feel fine, right? So then it seems like you don't need them. At that point, your body does not see a logical connection between the two, so you don't see any reason to take them.

I'd say it happens to a lot of people that need medications, no matter what they are for. Not everyone, of course, but a decent number. For example, some people feel they don't need to take high blood pressure medication because they terrific when they are taking them.

I know this post didn't really add anything, but I felt like responding. :/

it sorta did

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any chance you cuold see the pills like you would see vitamins? I mean..yuo dont need to take vitamins, but many people still do just to ensure their body has everything it needs, even if they dont feel teh difference or notice the need for taking them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Any chance you cuold see the pills like you would see vitamins? I mean..yuo dont need to take vitamins, but many people still do just to ensure their body has everything it needs, even if they dont feel teh difference or notice the need for taking them.

yeah but i won't take vitamins either

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I hate taking pills. I guess I just don't like to think there is something wrong with me. Even when I'm sick I still secretly think that the doctors don't know anything and the pills will have unwanted side effects, and I will try to stop taking them as soon as I can, except for antibiotics, which I always take as prescribed to fulfill my duty to humanity not to let bacteria develop into drug-resistant super-bacteria.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I hate taking pills. I guess I just don't like to think there is something wrong with me. Even when I'm sick I still secretly think that the doctors don't know anything and the pills will have unwanted side effects, and I will try to stop taking them as soon as I can, except for antibiotics, which I always take as prescribed to fulfill my duty to humanity not to let bacteria develop into drug-resistant super-bacteria.

yeah i agree with this.

it's a catch 22 so to speak it's like part of me is like no no no, and another part of me is yes yes yes. It can be scary but it can be fun but each time the consequences are more severe when i go off them

/DG/

One solution might be to start manufacturing pills coated in chocolate and other delicious goodies. Of course then we'd have the opposite problem and everyone would be ODing.

Hmm...'tis a pickle.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
One solution might be to start manufacturing pills coated in chocolate and other delicious goodies. Of course then we'd have the opposite problem and everyone would be ODing.

Hmm...'tis a pickle.

people od on the fun drugs anyways :shrug:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INFPs can be quite stubborn and unteachable, I know it first hand. In your case tho, I am on your side cause if you dont want to take pills, you shouldnt need to. This's an incursion into your body and private sphere of a higher level than just being stubborn about another persons opinion.

So I wouldnt do it if you yourself feel fine and are doing fine with your life. There might be a chance that the pills would do you more harm than good. I'd only consider it, if you were really messed up and your life, friends and everything are non-existant cause you majorily aint able to conduct any somewhat normal life. But if you feel fine and things are working out for you, tell the pill dealers to go to hell.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always believed in constructing theories out of facts rather than vice versa, because then they have a solid foundation that can be properly built upon.

If we assume our own intuitions are right without questioning them and testing it against the world, we run the risk of deluding ourselves and making flawed systems.

If a theory is constructed from the facts, then it becomes a new fact that can be built upon for new discoveries (from Newtonian mechanics to relativity).

/DG/

I've always believed in constructing theories out of facts rather than vice versa, because then they have a solid foundation that can be properly built upon.

If we assume our own intuitions are right without questioning them and testing it against the world, we run the risk of deluding ourselves and making flawed systems.

If a theory is constructed from the facts, then it becomes a new fact that can be built upon for new discoveries (from Newtonian mechanics to relativity).

That's all fine and dandy, but the human brain does not work in a perfectly rational way. :/

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Need to lose 90lbs. Got gym membership. Won't go.