• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you ever disoragnize your words?

do your words rearrange themselves?

• yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don't think i get what you're saying

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I mean lately this happens on occasion, i'm still good 90% of the time, but this use to never happen now if i want to say like "do you want your cellphone to charge more" it will come out "charge more you want cellphone" or something like that. Does anyone else experience this?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Word salad.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds more like aphasia than word salad.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only odd kind of mistake I've made with words is speaking French when I meant to speak Spanish. And one time I tried to ask a team lead at work a question but I rambled about something entirely unrelated. She thought it was funny.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
On occasion. Not lately, and not often. I usually realize it and think about it for a while afterward.

Note: As I was typing this, I typed 'afterwords' instead of afterward.:doh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's word salad. (When is prpl going to seek help?)

word salad's kinda more extreme than aphasia- the sentences are not just being rearranged- they have no relation to anything whatsoever. What she's describing sounds more like aphasia (receptive aphasia, maybe?), in that regard, but I guess there's overlap, but yeah, ultimately the semantic element doesn't matter.. addressing it does.

Not trying to be your broken record or anything but I'll say it again.. chickens- if you ever want help researching to find a new doctor covered by your insurance to help you with medication adjustment, hit me up. PM, email, cell phone. Email my cell phone, if you want, even. (I don't have a smartphone). Anytime; present or future.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
word salad's kinda more extreme than aphasia- the sentences are not just being rearranged- they have no relation to anything whatsoever. What she's describing sounds more like aphasia (receptive aphasia, maybe?), in that regard, but I guess there's overlap, but yeah, ultimately the semantic element doesn't matter.. addressing it does.

Not trying to be your broken record or anything but I'll say it again.. chickens- if you ever want help researching to find a new doctor covered by your insurance to help you with medication adjustment, hit me up. PM, email, cell phone. Email my cell phone, if you want, even. (I don't have a smartphone). Anytime; present or future.

A word salad can be more or less disorganized wording: either jumbled words in an otherwise comprehensible sentence, or just a bunch of randomly associated words strung together. Yes, addressing the issue is most important. If its caused by something behavioral, then she needs to stop doing it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
A word salad can be more or less disorganized wording: either jumbled words in an otherwise comprehensible sentence, or just a bunch of randomly associated words strung together. Yes, addressing the issue is most important. If its caused by something behavioral, then she needs to stop doing it.

UGHGHUHGUHGUHUGHUGHUHG

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if it was word salad, i'd be a lot lot lot lot lower functioning than i am

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
How functional are you?

I don't live at home, i can take care of myself, my therapist said there's some issues with me getting a job that i need to work through, but i shop on my own cook on my own all that stuff. so pretty functional.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i am curious to see if anyone relates to this at all.