• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes some people talk more than others?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What makes some people talk less than others?

I don't understand this.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some people ...

process ideas internally while others process them externally.

probably rely more on language to communicate, rather than non-verbal cues.

talk when they are anxious.

have a need to complete an long-developed idea when they start verbalizing it.

That's all I can think of right now.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i've been reading this title what make people talk more about other? and what makes people talk less about others? I think for me it's not having a lot to say.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I don't understand this.

Coffee always makes me chatty and want to extrovert, alcohol does this too. When I'm not "on" anything I mostly am a clam or in my cave. I've noticed that when I'm extraverting that it's rooted in a strong desire to "share".

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Sometimes my solutions are based soley on the reactions I see in other people who are listening me talk about my theories.

When I'm nervous I get really quiet and try not to show it.

Often times when there is something that pissed me off, I'll have difficulty expressing what it is, and I'll more or less go to every close friend I know and ask them "why am I pissed off?" And I tend to keep talking and talking and talking until I've figured it out. However, certain personalities can usually tell me why I'm upset in the first 10 seconds I spend complaining. Once I put a title to the issue, its solved and usually disappears immediately once I know the solution on how to fix it.

Often times, I'm most talkative when I have too many thoughts running through my mind and they need to be sorted out.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks everyone for answering. A friend of mine said that some people who are non-talkative are that way because they have nothing in their head. I wondered if that's true. I know that some people process internally and may or may not share their thoughts externally, but they are still thinking about things. Perhaps there are people who don't think about much?

[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] I honestly think I do both. In real life I can talk with the best of them, but I usually hang out with people who are more introverted than myself, so I appear way more talkative than them. When I am with extroverts, it's super fun but I get drained faster than they do. Either way I am going to need some alone time but when I come out of that alone time, I usually have so much to talk about, it makes the less talkative people's head spin. lol

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As someone who is very non-talkative, it's usually a question of mental energy but context is important.

When the topic at hand is something I don't care about, and therefore have little value to add to the topic, I stay quiet out of politeness. In the wrong kind of situations this can be frequent enough that folks just think I'm timid or a jerk. It's really a harmony judgment on my part though, a form of Fe call I think.

Whenever I am tired or stressed then I conserve all mental energy I can, that will inevitably show as quietness.

In most ordinary instances where I am not stressed and tired, I may talk more but my own style is to talk when I know I will be heard, since to do otherwise is a simple waste of effort on my part. This can show me as someone easily "talked over" by more boisterous folks and that happens sometimes. It's another example of politeness on my part, and folks who monopolize the proverbial floor irritate me quite a bit

One side effect of this is I have become quite trigger-happy about "zoning out" when others steal the floor, and this is habitual enough that sometimes I ignore information or even hesitate to interject when it's my turn.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION]

Social or Asocial. Some people are shy, some are not. Some just talk....and talk. Some people rather get to the point. Some just don't have much to say.

I process my thoughts internally a lot. I am the gatekeeper of my thoughts. The process is like Thought > Filter > Talk.

When I am talkative in real life(away from the computer) is when I am seeking answers/giving answers or looking for/giving opinion.

When I am not talkative is the time when I am thinking the most.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes people have more to say about things, sometimes less.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As someone who is very non-talkative, it's usually a question of mental energy but context is important.

When the topic at hand is something I don't care about, and therefore have little value to add to the topic, I stay quiet out of politeness. In the wrong kind of situations this can be frequent enough that folks just think I'm timid or a jerk. It's really a harmony judgment on my part though, a form of Fe call I think.

Whenever I am tired or stressed then I conserve all mental energy I can, that will inevitably show as quietness.

In most ordinary instances where I am not stressed and tired, I may talk more but my own style is to talk when I know I will be heard, since to do otherwise is a simple waste of effort on my part. This can show me as someone easily "talked over" by more boisterous folks and that happens sometimes. It's another example of politeness on my part, and folks who monopolize the proverbial floor irritate me quite a bit

One side effect of this is I have become quite trigger-happy about "zoning out" when others steal the floor, and this is habitual enough that sometimes I ignore information or even hesitate to interject when it's my turn.
Same here. In most groups, I am not interested in the topics of conversation, and suspect others won't be interested in what I would prefer to discuss. Many conversations revolve around personal information that I am not willing to share, so I just don't get involved. Yes, I am guilty of mental "zoning out", but physically leaving is even better.

I would be interested in why some people just can't seem to quit talking.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
i've been reading this title what make people talk more about other? and what makes people talk less about others? I think for me it's not having a lot to say.

Some people don't have anything to say. :shrug:
Yup! This!

I may be a bit shy at times, but even when I warm up to people I just never seem to have much to say. People often confuse not talking much with shyness, but the two aren't necessarily related.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
vocal cords.

Nicki

Retired
Some people seem to think before they say things. I've noticed that introverts usually miss the best opportunity to say something since they tend to be quite busy thinking it over. I'm a fairly talkative person and while I do think before I say things when I first meet someone, after a while, I start losing my filter and say whatever comes to mind. I also hate those awkward pauses in conversations so I tend to ramble a lot if my conversation partner's quiet.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i'm really, really talkative with people that can just
keep up with my thoughts and add on their thoughts
without the inconvenience of having to clarify in the
middle of the flow. the better the flow, the more riled
up and excited i get and it keeps me going and going.

i'm most talkative with my intp who can be extremely quiet.
-9 decible quiet. but he talks to me all the time. the super
added bonus is that i've never met anybody who could
answer all these innane questions i had, like i have this
curiosity--and he just indulges me like no other. and he's
also very fun to talk shit with. so witty so right-to-the-bone.
boingboing. but he's definitely quiet on the outside.

im usually very quiet in groups. but it's more of there's
not many people that i want to talk to.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand this.

- introversion
- lack of Ne
- disinterest in socializing
- cultural influences