• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Women More "Irrational* Than Men?

Are women more irrational than men?

• Yes

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Kinda-sorta

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I know highly rational women, and highly irrational men, but, on average, are women more irrational than men?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that irrational men are more likely to mask their irrationality behind a bogus wall of 'logic speak', due to what society has taught them. And in a way, it incapacitates them even further, as they often buy their own bullshit and aren t aware they even have blindspots.

Also, :doh: at this thread, dude.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think that irrational men are more likely to mask their irrationality behind a bogus wall of logic, due to what society has taught them.

I think that's a pretty rational thought.

I also think highly irrational men tend to stick out regardless.

Amargith said:
Also, :doh: at this thread, dude.

:devil:

It had to be done.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*places big fucking full-length standing mirror in thread*

:smooch:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On average, less logical and more reasonable.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Oh, bullshit.

I'm about as rational as it comes, without becoming overly rational (which is a legitimate problem as well).

G

Ginkgo

Qualifications such as "irrational" and "rational", when applied to people, typically adhere to anecdotal evidence that may or may not speak for someone's true nature...

But is my fear of trolls rational or irrational?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, bullshit.

I'm about as rational as it comes, without becoming overly rational (which is a legitimate problem as well).

Im just decorating, hon. For all the men who will be passing through this thread :wink:

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
WhatPersonalityTypeAreYou_4e95ac743581c.jpg

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This thread is making me irrational.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is irrelevant, as thinking and feeling are both rational functions according to Jung/MBTI.

Actually, you're being kind of irrational.

The way Jung used that term is pretty different than the way it's normally thought of.

There's a reason Keirsey called the NTs the Rationals, and not the NFs.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is such a thing as too much logic but then again I would say that seeing as though I'm a feeler.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
There is such a thing as too much logic but then again I would say that seeing as though I'm a feeler.

No worries.

As a thinker, I can agree with you.

There's a proper amount of logic that can be applied to any situation: go over it, or under it, and you start slipping into irrationality (over-rationality on one end, and under-rationality on the other).

There is more to the world than just logic and reason.

(don't try to tell that to an INTP, tho :p)