• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The higher you climb, the lonelier it gets

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
There's a saying, "The Higher you climb, the lonelier it gets."

How does one counteract this?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You become the guide who helps others climb the mountain with you.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
start digging, and make a crater and than have ufos have come and abduct you because you'll be not as superior as them, and problem solved

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Stop worring about it. It will always feel like that. But you aren't alone.

W

WALMART

It's more a problem of personal tendency than of climbing itself, it's like whoever coined the other term "more money more problems" being a poor accountant.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Play dumb. Can be fun.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
You can't counterract it. Success breeds envy, betrayal and false friends, it is human nature. But just make sure there is some select few who you can really love and trust, or else you can go mad.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
It's more a problem of personal tendency than of climbing itself, it's like whoever coined the other term "more money more problems" being a poor accountant.

Gotta disagree with you there JTR dude.

Unles you wont he lottery, chances are you will have to take on a lot of obligations in return for money, sacrifing your time, freedom and energy.

W

WALMART

Gotta disagree with you there JTR dude.

Unles you wont he lottery, chances are you will have to take on a lot of obligations in return for money, sacrifing your time, freedom and energy.

Yeah, I understand where the axiom is coming from, but as you've pointed out the factor does not explicitly hinge on money, it's more about the obligations you've chosen to take on - which in many cases circumstantially come with more money.

It's difficult for me to comment on with accuracy, seeing as I've never had large amounts of money or power :p

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Make emotional connections with people that are founded on trust and other human-y things? Like, something that isn't so competitive, no power dynamics involved.

If you're a super-genius, it's going to be super hard to connect with people. But say you're about to buy some coffee at DD, and you realize you left your wallet in the car. The line is long, and the cashier looks tired of your shit. It's been a long day already, even though you just woke up. The night before, you were up until 3:30 AM writing the most recent of your weekly evaluations. You shuffle awkwardly in your place. Suddenly, there's a tap at your shoulder. You turn around, and it's a middle-aged woman with a scrunchie in her hair and a knowing smile on her lips. Her palm is up, and in it is the $1.03 you need for your morning hit. Somewhat taken aback, you look to see if she really means it. She nods her head. You say thank you, grateful. As you drop the change in the cashier's hand, you realize it's the little connections like that give your time on this planet earth an ounce of meaning.

Stuff like that. You can still bond with people and feel fulfilled, and you don't have to feel alone.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I recall a boss once telling me: Always train your replacement because when you become indispensable you become unpromoteable. He would go on to be one of the best bosses I ever had. He was not alone though, in his position of responsibility because I was at his side eager to learn and him, to teach. In this way he decompressed and shed stress by explaining things and he was not ¨alone¨ anymore.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty much like [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] said, create a ladder for others to climb. Many people actually take this route when they are up there.

You know those who have rooted for your success? You help out those people for their successes if they haven't gotten where they want to be yet. You help out those who are taking the same path you are in. You help out future successes in that way.

A more concrete example:

A kid wanted to be a baseball player. As most people would know, not many people make it to the major leagues. He grows up playing baseball as often as he can. He later gets spotted by a recruiter as he goes through college. Ever since then, he has been in the MLB. What can he do now that he succeeded in being in the major leagues?

Let's say his hometown is underfunded when it comes to baseball fields. The city likes basketball because it takes up less space and cost less money over buying a plot of land for baseball. The high schools around the area like basketball because it is what they are known to be good at. Seeing as how you worked your butt off for a city that doesn't like baseball as much, what do you do?

You help create baseball fields and programs for children who wanted to play baseball like you could but didn't have all the equipment that was needed. You help fund the high schools in the region with baseball equipment, you buy necessary land for these kids to play on with the exception that it can only be used for baseball(as you are competing mostly with soccer and football for field space.)

Or let's say his hometown isn't known to be that big of a baseball fan let alone any type of sports. You promote yourself in your town so that kids that want to play sports can readily do so (more so baseball.)

When I was in elementary school, I saw the Giants come to one of the poorer neighborhoods to help open a new baseball field. In the eyes of a kid, that was the coolest thing EVER. I wouldn't be surprised if kids still use that field for baseball or something else like kickball.